nik546

1 Thread per registered User.

nik546

Postby nik546 » October 24th, 2008, 10:49 am

Good Morning!
Today was my weigh in after 4weeks on the plan and I have lost a total of 17.8 lbs. I thought since now I have been on plan long enough to be comfortable with it, I would start a journal. I have checked out some yours and it seems like a great place to get feed back and in general track how you are doing.
Since I really dont know many of you except the wonderful welcome I received I thought I would kinda start my first entry with how I got where I am. I'm 24 years old and I live in sunny southern california. 6 years ago I began to put on weight - when I met my future husband. I gained about 120lbs - 30 of which I gained after we got married- (Our 1st anniversary is in 2 1/2weeks.)
Often, I wonder how I let myself get so out of control but I believe that everything happens for a reason and I know I am an emotional eater. I know why i gained the weight and with so many diets come and gone I am finally in a place where I am ready to lose weight and become the person that I know I really am. I have spent too much time afraid to go out and have fun because I may run in to someone that I know. It's extremely embarassing to admit this but I think that most of you may relate.
After 4 weeks I am more motivated than ever and I am feeling so much better already. I am really enjoying the food and I have also made a couple of the recipes I found on here which my husband loved as well. I began exercising this week and i am looking forward to the overall end result - a happier and healthier me.
Happy Friday! :D
~Nikki
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHWby5k/]
[img:1ef9cd38a7]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHWby5k/weight.png[/img:1ef9cd38a7]
[/url]
nik546
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby txcindylou » October 24th, 2008, 10:53 am

OMG Nikki...that is an awesome weight loss! Good for you. We've all done all the diets and this one seems to work the best (at least for me). Keep at it and keep us up on your progress. :)
Cindy
Restart 10/12/08

225/203.5/165
txcindylou
Trusted Member

Postby Tawanda » October 24th, 2008, 11:57 am

Congratulations on such a great loss for your first month!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 24th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Congratulations Nikki!! Great job!! You are so right...I can relate about not wanting to run into people I know. The great thing is that you are here now...and so are we...and we can all do this together. :yes:
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby smartipantz » October 26th, 2008, 11:45 am

Way to go Niki!!! My 4 weeks ends tomorrow and I'm right there with you!!

It does get easier as the days pass. It gets more and more rewarding with the compliments, the new cloth sizes and the spurts of new energy you get.

Keep up the great work! 17 pounds is AWESOME!!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby nik546 » October 31st, 2008, 1:06 pm

Happy Halloween!! :-P
I am so happy today is friday it has been a tough week emotionally - we lost 4 patients this past week. (I work with cancer patients - chemotherapy side) I am glad to say though that I didnt turn to food - a nice change which paid off. Today is my week 5 weigh in and I had a fantastic week. i lost 6.5!! bringing my total to 24.2. I had a couple things change this week. when I initally bought my medifast I bought the guys formula on accident - this week was my first week on medifast 55. Plus I went to the gym 3 times this week. I am feeling great and continue to be motivated. I am hoping I do well this weekend I have a couple engagements- one is a party where there will be plenty of alcohol and I am going to try to not drink any. I have not had any alcohol since before I started medifast. Then I am spending the night with my friends and having a scary movie marathon. I hope I can be strong! :D I am looking forward to another successful week.

Good Luck to everyone! we can do it!!

~Nikki
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHWby5k/]
[img:1ef9cd38a7]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHWby5k/weight.png[/img:1ef9cd38a7]
[/url]
nik546
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby smartipantz » November 1st, 2008, 8:46 am

Holy Schmoley Nik, you are doing fantastic!! It's amazing how well you do once you get your mind set that you want to do something. That's how I was. Seriously, that is fantastic!

How'd your party go? I went to a huge party... along with massive amounts of alcohol, jello shots, huge table of good snacks, etc. But I was completely on program and didn't cheat. I weighed the same today, but more than anything, I think it was because I didn't drink enough water... I did that on purpose because if I had to take bathroom breaks - I had to take my complete costume off. So I feel very good about getting through Halloween with absolutely no cheats! Sounds like you did the same!

My 5 week weigh in is on Monday.

You need to put a ticket on your signature :)

Have a good day and congratulations!!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to My Journal