Newbie40

1 Thread per registered User.

Newbie40

Postby Newbie40 » February 7th, 2009, 7:51 pm

I don't really know where to start. Today is my second day, and it seems harder than the first! Yesterday, I ate every 2.5 hours, and I didn't get hungry until dinner. Unfortunately, it seems like I was hungry most of today. :cry: I even had to eat a snack of two pickles.

My husband and I went to a movie, and it was so hard not to eat a hot dog, but I held strong. Ugh, I am going to miss yummy hot dogs; they are my favorite food! However, I WON'T miss the weight!

Anyway, I have a statistic test to take, so I better hit the books!
just starting - 40 pounds to go!
Newbie40

Postby Tawanda » February 7th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Welcome!

It is hard, but it is so worth it!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby katesmom » February 8th, 2009, 7:01 am

Hi !
Welcome ! You are at the RIGHT place and once you are in the groove for a few days, you will start feeling better physically and you'll notice your clothes starting to feel better !!

We are all about support here and love to have a laugh or two !

Welcome aboard and no question is too silly to ask !! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 8th, 2009, 7:31 am

Hiya Newbie

Welcome, After the 3rd day it does get easier. I promise you...

like Pam said any question you need, just ask away
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Newbie40 » February 8th, 2009, 12:57 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome! My name is Laura, and I am a high school English teacher. Because of an enlarged thyroid, I struggle with weight loss. I am trying medifast on the advice of my doctor, and I feel very positive that this could be "the one." At only 4'11, my ideal weight is 110, so my goal is to lose 40 pounds. It is more for me than being thin, I want to be healthy more than anything.

I have slowly been making my way through the journals and posts, but I am pretty busy right now. My husband and I are pursuing our teaching and learning doctorates while working full-time.

Anyway, today seems to be going well. I have not really been super hungry, and when Jason said he was wanting pizza for dinner, I didn't feel at all jealous. :D

Au girl....I lived outside of Birmingham for 12 years as a kid. Alabama has a very very dear place in my heart!

Thanks again!
Newbie40

Postby nickieluv » February 8th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Doing this for your health will get you a lot farther than just worrying about your looks. I speak as one who struggles with motivation and my first impulse is to focus on the physical external aspect of things rather than health. Good luck - for me it takes more like 5 or 6 days to feel really 'in the groove' but that's just me - hang in there, it works!
nickieluv

Postby katesmom » February 9th, 2009, 5:01 am

Happy Monday !!

You can do this !

We are here to help you !

Have a great day ! :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Newbie40 » February 11th, 2009, 12:16 pm

I am still hanging in with the program. It really hasn't been too hard for the past few days. I am not hungry, and there are times I have to force a shake down. It amazes me how so many friends keep offering me food, and to be honest, it does upset me that some people don't seem helpful. However, I have held strong and politely refused any offer of foods.

I weigh-in tomorrow, so I am quite anxious. My carpool buddy commented on how I seem "lighter," and I can feel a difference in my clothes. My energy level is pretty good. I do have a thyroid condition, so I am tired from that often.

Anyway, I am amazed at how easy it has been to ignore temptations. I hope that lasts.
Newbie40

Postby nickieluv » February 11th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Yay! Sounds like you're doing great. I agree that the world at large (no pun intended) is not very empathetic when people try to lose weight. It just goes to show you how much a part of society food is. It's impossible to avoid it, which makes dieting even harder. Those who succeed are (as I've said before) the few, the proud, the maintainers. You can be one of them! Keep it up. :D
nickieluv

Postby katesmom » February 13th, 2009, 11:19 am

Hi Newbie !!

Yes, people will try and sabotage you along the way with food. Not all have that intention, but others can easily become jealous of you and your strength to be healthier, because they can't do it for themselves, for some reason or another.

Anyway...Persevere, stay on plan, and you WILL be successful...I find the new crucnh bars really helpful...I am a school psychologist (elementary level) and find if I'm busy and have lots of meetings, I can easily eat a bar quickly, and stay on plan...

The best part, is that I am never hungry and always satisfied !!! No, I take it back, the best part is that I feel soooo goood !!

Really I do !! I have about 169 pounds left to lose and if I feel so great now, I can't even imagine how great I'll feel at goal !!

Be strong...Persevere, and Just Do It !!

Lauren and Robin are maintainers that are still here with us all and are excellent people to talk with....

Have a great day and good luck to you !! :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Newbie40 » February 14th, 2009, 12:19 pm

I had my official weigh in on Thursday afternoon. I was down almost 4 pounds, which I think is great. I had completed a detox before I started medifast and lost 3 pounds. I haven't felt this good in years; my gastrointestinal problems have ceased, and I actually believe in myself. Corny, I know.

Anyway, I thought I would update my journal in the few seconds I have before I need to tackle homework. Good luck, all!

Laura
Newbie40

Postby katesmom » February 22nd, 2009, 8:26 am

Hi !
HAve a great day ! :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby SevenKitty » February 26th, 2009, 10:22 am

Hey Newbie....I'm new too, so, your not the only one :) Lost 20 lbs. in a month before the holidays and now that they are over I am starting up again and going for another 20-30 lbs. Hopefully before summer. So, welcome :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7UrhXR/]
[/url]
SevenKitty

Postby SevenKitty » February 26th, 2009, 10:26 am

Oh..BTW, what detox program did you do? And, congrats on your 4 lbs. :hi5:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7UrhXR/]
[/url]
SevenKitty

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 26th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Hello Newbie! Just stopping over to say hello. Seems like you're off to a GREAT start :-P

Keep up the good work!

Oh,i'm Chyna by the way...lol!
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to My Journal