Newbie here- made a mistake posted as a guest...OOPS! Day 1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie here- made a mistake posted as a guest...OOPS! Day 1

Postby lifelovinaries » April 9th, 2006, 1:23 pm

O.k. so I am really new to this and forgot to sign in before I posted...so here it is again under MY screen name.

Well I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of self and motivation. Yesterday was my birthday and I've decided I can't do this functionally obese thing another year! Although I've said this before, I'm serious THIS time (lol!! as if i weren't serious all the OTHER times). Each time I start another weightloss journey, my current weight and goal weight seem to be getting further from each other (and that's not because I lower my goal weight!!) New Years resolutions, schmezzolutions. What purpose do they serve? None- at least for me. As with many others, I resolve to lose weight, I resolve to exercise, I resolve to eat healthier, yada yada yada. Then you bring in the next new year 10 lbs heavier, physically unfit with a hoagie in one hand and a bag of chips in the other. :x

Well here we are 4 months after New Years resolutions have been made and broken. I have now decided to accept my own BIRTHDAY resolutions...in theory, they will yield the exact same results as my New Year resolutions (lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier) but they are for MY birthday, not everyone elses New Year. I've come to the realization that my birthday is what it is. It celebrates the birth of ME. It does not celebrate the turning over of another calendar year. My birthday may be meaningless to the majority of the population but that does not say it has less meaning. So as of yesterday; the day I was born 35 years ago, I resolve to love me for the individual inside, i resolve to focus on my health--not on the large blobs of fat and double chins I see when I look in the mirror. In turn, everything else should fall into place. Wow! look at that!! How quickly New Years resolutions became secondary when I place things into perspective. Do I love exercise? No. Do I love always having to watch what I eat? No. But I love me and that's all that counts. Therefore, I have to take it for what it's worth and run with it. For those of you who made it this far and took the time to read all of my babbling, THANK YOU for the support. I know this was kinda long... AND I hope to see you all on the other side (of 200lbs that is!!!!). :D

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Shana » April 9th, 2006, 1:29 pm

Welcome & Happy Birthday!
Like you, my birthday played a major part in my decision to start Medifast, and it is already working wonders & proving itself to me! It's a great program, the food isn't bad (and some of it is REALLY good!!), and the support you find in this forum is AMAZING.
You can do this!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby deirdrek » April 9th, 2006, 1:31 pm

Good for you! So glad you have joined. this is my first week too! Cant wait to see your progress :D
Deirdre

Start Date 4/4/06
239/229/150
deirdrek
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 9th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Welcome! You have found the last weight loss program you will ever need! Your post was very inspirational and when New Years rolled around 4 months ago I will tell you I DIDN'T even resolve to lose this weight but after my sister told me about it I thought what the heck do I have to lose but weight. That was Jan 15th and as of today I am 53lbs lighter and could not be more pleased!

I look forward to getting to know you better!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 9th, 2006, 2:07 pm

lifelovinaries ... Weigh to go with the + mental attitude and new-found resolve. We're all here for you. Welcome to the group!

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » April 9th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Welcome to our group.
You're going to make it this time!!! For one thing just keep posting and all the wonderful forum members will help you right along. :D It provides great accountability. I think we all need to come to a point where we are just tired of lugging around the extra pounds. :x Really we are the only one that controlls what goes into our mouth and we are the only one who can make the choice to make better choices. We have to get to the point that we want to do it for ourself. I am soo proud of you. You have made the decision at 35 to spend the rest of your life healthy!!! Some of us have waited til we were in our 50's and have spent several more years lugging around the weight, stressing our joints and heart and upping our risk of kinds of weight related illnesses. Good for you!!! You've made a wonderful decision.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » April 9th, 2006, 8:16 pm

:birthday:

Welcome! I am very glad to hear you have made a decision to lead a healthier life and I am quite sure you will stick to it (being an Aries! hehe)

You couldn't have chosen a better plan or a better place to be than here. Hope to hear more from you. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 9th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Hi lifelovinaries and welcome to the forums and to MF! I LOVED your post! You obviously got to that point. You know the point I'm talking about, the "that's it, no more, this is ridiculous, I'm fixing this NOW!" point. I'm happy for you.

A birthday resolution is a FANTASTIC idea! I love it! Just follow the plan, stick to it, and you will succeed! Plus, you have US! Ask us anything you need to, someone's almost always here and we LOVE to help!

Drink your water, and off you go!

Welcome again!

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell?
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.