New User

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New User

Postby CTurner » May 31st, 2006, 10:30 am

Hi everyone I am new and just beginning today. My doctor suggested i try it because i have had 40lbs to lose that i just seem to keep fighting with. I just received all the stuff in the mail (i ordered direct on accident but next time i am using make me thinner ordering ) but i have a question. I am out of town for a night this weekend and going on vacation in 8 days for a whole week. Should i begin now knowing there are times i will not be on the program or just wait until i get back.

Any words of wisdom are greatly apprecaited!!!! :?:
CTurner

Postby falisamarie » May 31st, 2006, 11:16 am

I just posted to you in another thread but after reading this and I usually would not recommend this but I think you should go on your vacation and enjoy yourself and start fresh when you get back.

I am sure others will chime in also

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 31st, 2006, 11:18 am

Welcome to the forum,
Yeppers...hold off til you're ready to give it 110%.

Glad you found us....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Lizabette » May 31st, 2006, 11:23 am

CTURNER, Image

I think that actually there is no perfect time to start a healthy eating program, except right now! You will get several opinions, but you can weigh them all out. Here is mine.

In 8 days, you can lose quite a bit and should be highly motivated to stay on it, even while on vacation. Learn all you can and stay 100% on the program. You'll be surprised at the results. Several of the gals on here travel and work away from home and have had fantastic results.

Hey, DeDe, please chime in here with your thoughts and suggestions!!

Then while gone, it is very easy to stay on in restaurants and even fast foods. I recently spent 11 days away from home and then 5 more days. You can get lean burgers with veggies, and grilled chicken, salmon, etc. Leave off everything except the L & G (meat and veggies, salad)

I fixed my oatmeal, soups, and hot drinks/coffee in the motel, yummy bars, & shakes are easy with your shaker jar. There are usually microwaves in the motel, and coffee makers (for hot water, cocoa, cappachino, and coffee)

Very important to drink all your water. Even if everything is not perfect, do the very best you can.

CTURNER, It all depends on your comittment to lose your weight and get healthy, and it is a lifetime and life style comittment. You can do what you set your mind to and according to how badly you want to succeed.

This is not your only option, but it will be hugely rewarding.

So glad you are joining us. You'll find the most supportive group you can imagine. Whatever you decide, Happy Shaking, and we'll be here for you.

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby CTurner » May 31st, 2006, 11:36 am

Graet thank you for all the advice. I think that i might go ahaed and start just to get a jumpstart on the program - maybe inbetween now and then i can lose a little to help me fit into the bathing suit haha! and i will definitely take some with me because we have a kitchen so that should make it convenient! Cant wait thanks again everyone looking forward to keeping in touch! :D
CTurner

Postby Lizabette » May 31st, 2006, 11:51 am

CTURNER,

Good Luck and Happy Vacation! Please keep us updated before and after and let us know how you are doing. You will do fine!

:heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Bonnie » May 31st, 2006, 3:59 pm

We are glad to have you join us Medifasters!!!

I highly recommend that you wait until you come back from vacation. In the meantime read the Quick Start book through so you understand the program completely. Set a date to get started after you come home from vacation.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or ask on the forum. We are here to help you lose your weight and take back your health. Medifast is a great tool to help you achieve your goals.

We look forward to hearing from you.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Adriana » May 31st, 2006, 5:54 pm

Welcome to our team. Why not just start now, MF has so many advantages. The meals are quick and easy, easy to take along. You'll feel energized, less bloated, and best of all by the time you come back from vacation you could lose anywhere from 8-10 pounds, who knows maybe more. Good luck with what you decide, and let us know how it goes.
Adriana
250/225/199
Start date 5/24/06
Adriana
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Jan » May 31st, 2006, 6:26 pm

Hi There,
To begin or not to begin??? Hmmm ... I think it is totally up to you. There are positives and negatives on both sides. If you begin you will most likely be down a bit before you leave. That just may motivate you to stick close to plan while on vacation. It's not toooo difficult. :D Just bring along your supplies and have a lean and green once a day. Being on program may even "save you" from packing on a few extra pounds that you'll have to deal with when you get back. On the other hand, it does require planning. Plus you'll have to monitor yourself a bit. That's not a bad thing. :D Think about it and see if you think you can enjoy your vacation while being careful about what you eat. I actually think it just may be a great learning experience for you. We all need to learn that we can have a great time without munching everything we see. :mrgreen:
Another option you may be considering is to start program, go on vacation, eat and then restart when you get back. This is generally not the best option since it requires renewed dedication and another three days for your body to readjust. Some people have great difficulty getting going again. That's the greatest hazard.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » May 31st, 2006, 6:34 pm

It sounds great to say go ahead and do it during vacation, but assuming vacation is very close, I think you may not ahev had enough time to acclimate to a new eating style. I am all for "there is no time like the present", but you have to be into the program. I would personally wait or read up a lot now. No reason to have a miserable vacation.

If you have the prodicts, I would start asap, then you at least have a little time to tweak recipes and ideas before heading out supply-less. Never know when a jar of cinnamon or a small bottle of syrup might make you stick with it and see it in a whole new light.

good luck and have a great trip
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sheila » May 31st, 2006, 7:36 pm

Welcome!! It is doable to use on vacation, but Id leave that to the ones that have been on it for a while. Since you will just be starting, enjoy your vacation, and worry about your diet when ya get back. Like Unca said, only start when you are ready to give it 110%
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 31st, 2006, 11:59 pm

Many different opinions. I would wait until I got back because this is a very stringent eating schedule that it takes a while to acclimate to it. The first week is usually pretty challenging so I would wait until I came back. Best of luck to you.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby GucciGoo » June 1st, 2006, 3:53 am

I got my order on a Friday but felt I was not mentally prepared to start yet. I spent the next week eating what I wanted- and had Mexican food (yum) as my Last Supper :) I'm glad I did it- it got me ready to begin and sticmk to the program.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VTGirlie » June 1st, 2006, 5:58 am

I think it depends. If you are feeling really motivated right now and there are no "special foods" you are looking forward to, GO FOR IT! Just know that the first three days are tough. After that it gets easier, but if you "cheat" on vacation you'll be back on the uphill climb for a day or two.

If there are special restaurants or foods you are looking forward to on your vacation, I'd wait. Enjoy those things, knowing that you are fully and completely ready to begin this on the other side!

If you could use some travel tips, check the weight loss board for my travel questions to the group as well as my "travel success" log. I went on vacation last week 2 weeks into the program and did very well, although I wasn't competely on plan.

Hope that helps! :)

Bets
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.