New, too!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New, too!

Postby Charlybug » June 30th, 2004, 5:56 am

Well, I've been doing great so far. Day 6. I do have a question. We do a lot of socializing, so going to restaurants and having people over (the 4th is coming up!) is tough, but I've been hanging on to my Medifast packets. I've lost 7 lbs so far...well on my way to my 33 lb goal. Anyway, my question is, in order to survive those social events, I do have a few beers. How terrible is this? :?: Thanks for your help!!
Charlybug

Postby Nebbie » June 30th, 2004, 7:08 am

Now here's something I know about! A lean and green meal to me is a ribeye and a 6 pack of rolling rock!

I've been at this program since early January. To cut to the quick...the times I fail on MF are preceded with "a few beers". I tell myself I'll only have one or two, then after 12 I'm headed for food.

This also has a very serious impact on my blood sugar. I feel woozy after only a few beers.

My advice (for what it's worth), stay away from alcohol until you are at goal. It's not worth having to restart. Contrary to the popular song, "in heaven there is no beer...." there will be plenty when you are at goal. I'm guessing they will taste even better then as well!

Good luck.

Adam
(RE)Started January 28, 2008

307/307/219 (-00.0)
Nebbie

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2004, 8:36 am

Thanks a bunch! Pretty much what I knew already...darn it! :( I'll cut out the beer now. I've been doing really good with everything else...five shakes a day, 64 oz water. I really like this program!

NO!

Postby explorthis » June 30th, 2004, 9:58 am

Hey guys... Trust me, it's NOT worth it.

Let me prove it to you...

Read my post from November of last year:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... t=tequilla

I promise it's worth the wait.....

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.