I am New

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am New

Postby Shelly Mills » February 9th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Hello everyone. I am looking forward to getting to talk to you about this Medifast. I happened to stumble across it on the local News Website. I have about 30 to 35 pounds to lose. After I had a total thyroidectomy about a year ago, weight loss has almost been impossible for me. I cannot blame it all on the thyroid because I do make poor food choices. I am not looking for a fast fix, but I would like to learn a new eating behavior. I am addicted to chocolate and junk!!! And at 35, the weight no longer "melts" off!! Thank you for your support!
Shelly Mills

Postby Marseilles » February 9th, 2005, 12:03 pm

I, too, have had a total thyroidectomy and have very little trouble losing weight with medifast; so long as I am program compliant.

Welcome.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 9th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Shelly ~

I have quite a few clients who have had a thyroidectomy and they are losing weight or have already lost their excess weight and are now maintaining their weight. People with thryoid disease (or :shock: missing thyroids), may lose weight more slowly than those who have normally functioning thyroids, but they DO consistently lose weight and at a faster rate than with other weight loss or diet programs.

Marseilles makes the best point: your success, like all of ours, is dependent upon you. If you are program-compliant, you will lose weight.

I actually have a client who was able to eliminate her synthetic thyroid medication during the weight loss phase but needed to go back on it a few months after reaching a healthy weight and going through transition and maintenance.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Shelly Mills » February 10th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Wow, thanks for the encourgaing words. TOMORROW, I START!!!!!
Shelly Mills

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 10:02 pm

:wave: Awesome!!

Welcome & we look forward to hearing more about you!!

Here's to your first successful week on Medifast!!! :buddies:

~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cplantho » February 11th, 2005, 11:48 am

Welcome, Shelly! I want to let you know that I am hypothyroid, but as long as I take my medication, I have absolutely no problem losing weight on MF. Come enjoy the fun!
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

WOW!! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

Postby Shelly Mills » February 13th, 2005, 8:45 pm

I made it through the first three days. Feel GREAT!! Lost 5 pounds. I need to stay off of the scale, but it is so hard to do. I am actaully liking boulloin better than I ever have. After the awesome sweet shakes, the salt tastes good!! I think this is going to be the answe for me. I look forard to my shakes tomorrow!!! WHAT AN AWESOME PRODUCT!! :)
Shelly Mills

Postby Nancy » February 14th, 2005, 12:37 am

Good job, Shelly ~ 5 pounds is good! That's twenty cubes of butter, melted away in just three days!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Triskets » February 14th, 2005, 9:10 am

Shelly -

Welcome to the MF family. You'll find tons of support here from your extended "family". The program does work - one shake at a time!
Congrats on your decision to join us!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 14th, 2005, 11:22 am

Congrats on your loss Shelly, that's great. I love Nancy's visual of 20 cubes of butter just melting away. I think of that everytime I drink my water.......it's just rinsing the fat right out of my system.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!!!

Postby Shelly Mills » February 15th, 2005, 10:41 am

Thanks- You all are so very encouraging to me : )

:dance:
My new song in my mind is "Shake, Shake, Shake..."

I lost 8 pounds as of this morning! I am so motivated. I ordered a lot more stuff for the variety- I LOVE the little crackers!!! Just for a little small snack, that is all I need... Used to eat a three musketeers and ready to go for a second one :oops:

Is the chili also OK to eat instead of a shake? How about that awesome chicken? If I have three shakes, a chili, a bar, and a chicken, and a pack of crackers, is this OK?? Then when I feel just a little need for something I have boullion. Is this OK???

Anyway, my friend did not see me since last week. We went out for a diet coke and a cup of coffee last night- she said my tummy looks a lot smaller, and she ordered it, too!!!!!

OH, please tell me, how do I join the message board? I was having a little trouble when I tried to.
Shelly Mills

Return to Come on in.