I am new

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am new

Postby I am Ready Now » July 26th, 2004, 4:55 am

hello everyone,
I am new. I'm not new to weightloss as I have been down that rocky road before. Yes, in my life time I have lost well and always thought to myself, " This is how the other half lives"?
I have a food addiction ( among others) but food is the worse one of them all. We need to eat to live. I can avoid the alcohol, but how do I avoid food? Since 9/11 I have gained alot of weight, I was called by my doctor while I was watching the towers fall ( I live in NY as well) that I had a 4mm mass in my left breast. I figured well, this is it, I am going to die either from illness or terrorists. I started to eat that very day and never looked back.
After 9/11 I have dealt with doctors, medications, a death, a death of a relationship and abandanment issues. I ate through it. I am dealing with a very controlling husband and a marriage that is slipping.
I realize that I solved nothing chewing, and gulping and binging. I have added the burden of all of these issues along with a big amount of weight to lose, On top of all the emotional things I now have high blood pressure.
I decided to stop the antidepressants I was taking and I am now weaning off. I need to feel in order to heal. My health other than being over weight is good.
So today I start my journey, thank you for listening
A Journey begins with a single step~
Lynn
I am Ready Now

Postby Jeanette » July 26th, 2004, 6:54 am

Lynn:

Welcome! My goodness, you have experienced alot in a short amount of time!

It is a sobering moment when you realize that you are a food addict. It is a liberating thought to know that in spite of it, you CAN succeed!

Stick with us--we'll be there for you!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Echo » July 26th, 2004, 6:56 am

Welcome to the forum. You have had a lot to cope with these past few years. Sometimes we do eat to help us deal with our problems without realizing we are just creating another problem. Lets hope that this is a new chapter in your life. Good luck, see you around the forum.
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Simmshe » July 26th, 2004, 7:38 am

Welcome Lynn :).

I'm so sorry to hear of all of the stressful things that you have had to deal with and are still dealing with. It always seems like when one bad thing happens, it always brings company--more bad things!

I think you will find here some people who can relate to you, including myself, and just knowing sometimes that there are others dealing with similar things and who understand you can be helpful.

I live in D.C. and, too, was shaken by the attacks on 9/11, although I did not see the plane fly into the Pentagon, only the aftermath. There is something very terrifying and life changing after being so close to something so awful. My comfort eating after this time didn't let up for months. And hardcore food addiction and off-and-on depression have plagued me since I was 14 years old.

I won't be too long-winded here, just wanted to welcome you and let you know that we are here for you. Wishing you well on starting your journey to physical and emotional health!
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » July 26th, 2004, 11:10 am

Welcome Lynn,

Lord, you're in need of some positiveness, and you've come to the right place. Losing weight will definitely make you feel positive, and this MF stuff works if you just follow it. Bless you and remember we're all behind you.

Another MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby I am Ready Now » July 28th, 2004, 7:19 am

hi all
thank you for a great welcome!!!
A Journey begins with a single step~
Lynn
I am Ready Now

Postby Guest » July 28th, 2004, 10:15 am

Hi lynn,

I can empathize with you a great deal. My father died just prior to 9/11 He was only 52. He suffered Massive heart attack that kind of came out of no where. He had many health issues but the medical community seemed to have missed that one. I've also been on a pill called wellbutrin because they said I was depressed. I think I was more numb then sad. I too decided I needed to get off the antidepressants.

I had a hard time admitting that I was eating food when no one was around because I thought they would judge me for it. Not just a little food but alot and mostly junk food.

I just started this journey too and if you need someone to talk to let me know.

*Hugs*

Peggy

Postby Peggy » July 28th, 2004, 11:25 am

oops forgot to sign in first. :lol:
Start Date July 23, 2004
Height 5'3 - 182 lbs.
August 5, 2004 174 lbs...woohooo!
Peggy

Return to Come on in.