New to MF

1 Thread per registered User.

New to MF

Postby lanina » April 18th, 2008, 10:12 am

After tons of research, I decided to order my first MF package on Tuesday. It said 5-7 business days but it got shipped out yesterday so hopefully I get it today or tomorrow ( I live on the east coast and MF plant is on the east coast).

My story is simple. I am 28 and have been a big girl for as long as I can remember. My mom swears I was a tiny kid but began packing pounds as I approached my teenage years. When I was 19 I stopped eating and lost approximately 80 lbs bringing me to my lowest weight ever 140lbs ish.
Being that I was anorexic, I looked very disgusting. I cant remember that period of time. I still feel like it was a dream.
Not too long afterwards I ballooned up to 230lbs. Thats a lot of weight for a 5'6 frame. Granted I am not petite.
Graduated H.S and began working out and eating right, following some diet strategy from a book my parents gave to me.
I got down to approximately 180 lbs.
Now in college, I got bored with eating right. My diet got bad again, ofcourse no exercise unless you count the few steps I walked to get to class, lab and back to my dorm room.
My boyfriend at that time was wicked skinny. He age everything and anything and could never get big. So, there I was fat and definitely not happy but nonetheless drowning my sorrows with junk food.
After I graduated, I decided to lose weight again. This time I did it alone and later with the help of Jenny Craig. I only got down to 165lbs. I used to work out for 1.5 to 2 hrs. I traded all my fat clothes for a size 12.
I once walked into a Lane Bryant and the woman at the counter said " honey, you are too small to shop at this store." I was uber excited to hear those words. Me..small..hahaha too good to be true.
Well, I let my confidence get the best of me. I got bored of working out and eating right.
I started caring less and less what I put into my mouth. Here I am today at 250lbs the heaviest I have ever been. I feel and look like crap. My clothes dont fit me anymore and I am so pissed off at myself for letting myself get here. I have tried WW, JC, NS and omg even Atkins and nothing. I lose 10lbs and gain five thousand more.
I am a food junkie and now more than ever I see it.
I got married last year to an awesome man but he has his short comings. He is one of those that is CONSTANTLY looking at other women and commenting on how hot they are. Obviously that makes me feel sick to my stomach. He met me when I was big (not at my biggest but big). He always tells me how beautiful I am but I dont buy his talk.
So yes, I am partially doing this to show him I can look good too. I cant stand him drooling over skinny women and making me feel like the scum of the universe.
Moreso I want to lose weight as I found out January 08 my family has a history of diabetes. Thus far my dad and brother have been diagnosed this year :shock: I am scared to death because I know with my eating habits I am a heart attack waiting to happen.
Reading all of your posts has made me realize that losing weight is a choice that I have to make for myself. How successful any program will be depends on the amount of effort put in.
It is my hope and prayer that this time around I can get to my goal.
Wish me luck and good luck to all of you MFers out there :D
lanina
First Post

Postby Tawanda » April 18th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Welcome! I wish you the best in your journey. The only suggestion I will offer you is to stick to the program once you begin, not giving in to temptation to go off program until you hit your goal and go through transition. People seem to do very well until they decide to throw the program to the side for one special treat or during a stressful time. You may be one of the fortunate ones who would not struggle to get back onto program.......but my suggestion is not to test yourself to see if you are. ;)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby summergirl » April 18th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Welcome and congrats on taking this step! I understand the wanting to look good, but I feel better when I think of doing this for ME and for my daughter (Age 7), who is always asking "Mommy, am I fat or skinny"? I want to set a good example. She enjoys my shakes and sometimes I let her have some as a snack. I figure there are lots worse things out there for her to have. (She's not the slightest bit overweight, btw) but medifast makes good snacks!

I wish you the best of luck. I can't wait to hear about your journey! Keep checking in with us. So far, I have felt much better about my "struggles" when I get on here and talk about them with the board! Keep up the positive attitude and check in here, often. I can't wait to hear what foods you like! :mrgreen:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » April 18th, 2008, 1:12 pm

Welcome Lanina. This is a great place to be.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 18th, 2008, 1:23 pm

welcome aboard lanina! This program has it's ups and downs, with the downs being the scale number! Full compliance will get you there before you know it. Good luck with the program and keep us posted with what's going on. You will be surprised how posting can get you through the day. Honestly, i was so hurt when my job blocked MMT because sometimes i needed to come here during the day to keep me motivated (even if it was just to read). Keep your head in it and your husband will soon be talking about how hot YOU look, forget the other thinnies out there!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to My Journal