Hi -- New Here Too!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi -- New Here Too!

Postby cdixon » May 5th, 2004, 10:36 am

I just ordered a 30 day quick start kit for Diabetics from Medifast on Monday. Saw the ad on TV and figured what the heck. I have been spending at least that much on "diet" stuff from the store for myself. I am hoping it will arrive in time for me to start this Monday coming up.

Just wanted to say hello and meet some new friends who are in the same or at least similar boat as me -- needing to lose weight for their health and to feel good about themselves.

I am an obese diabetic and I have to lose some major weight. In October of last year I topped out the scales at 277 lbs. Today I weigh 250 but I have a lot more to go -- I want to get down to 150lbs. All I know is that I am so SICK of thinking about food all of the time. How many fat grams are in this, how many carbs are in that, etc. I am hoping that the Medifast Program will give me a few months break from the constant "Food Thoughts". I don't care what anyone else says, figuring out a diet menu every day is very hard AND makes you hungry. I can't tell you how many times I have cheated because I have had to think about food constantly. This plan seems to take a lot of that "thinking" out of the picture. I will have just a few choices and I get to decide what I am going to eat and when (with just a few rules). All I have to think of is what piece of lean meat to eat and what non-fat dressing I want on my salad -- too cool. I am planning on trying it out for 20 weeks to see if I can lose at least 50 pounds or 10 pounds a month -- it is really hard for me to lose weight as my metabolism is really terrible.

Also, I contacted Medifast by email yesterday (got the email from the website) and they actually called me on the phone today for a personal conversation. I had asked the question -- Can I eat sugar free jell-o on the program? The answer was yes.

Anyway -- thanks for listening and I hope to make some lifelong friends here.
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
250/240/Goal#1 is 200 and after I get there...
cdixon
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Carrie » May 5th, 2004, 11:12 am

Hi Christina!

Welcome to our little world. You'll find that we all have the same issues with food and weight loss, and this is a great place to give and get support.

I can relate to being sick of thinking about food. I could swear that 95% of my time mentally was spent thinking about food or weight issues. What I was going to eat next, how fat I am, how miserable I am, how I should try this or that diet, etc etc. Being able to STOP thinking about all that stuff while on MF is one of the major reasons why I think I've stuck with this for 66 days now! I don't have to think about food. I don't have to think all the negative thoughts that were invading my head before. Now I just know that my next meal will be a MF product and when the negative thoughts start I stop them by saying 'No more of that, we're doing something about it today, right now, so bugger off!'

There are good days and bad days on this prgram, just like everything else in life. It is important to learn to minimize the bad and get through them till they pass.

Commit yourself to this and it will change your life. Stick with us Christina!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thanks

Postby cdixon » May 5th, 2004, 11:17 am

Thanks so much for the reply -- I can assure you I will be visiting here often.

I forgot to mention that I did not find this web site and forum until after I ordered my first kit from the TV ad website. I really like what I see on makemethinner.com and I was wondering if it would be okay to order from here in the future???
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
cdixon

Postby Carrie » May 5th, 2004, 11:58 am

I'm sure Nancy, Terry and Unca would appreciate that. Plus they work hard to keep us going and provide superior customer service!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » May 5th, 2004, 12:47 pm

Hello, Christina! Welcome to the forum.

We have something in common--I also started out at 277! That was in October 2002, though. I promise that you are going to love Medifast AND the support you'll receive from this incredible group of people.

I can hardly wait to start seeing your numbers plummet!

Stay in touch!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby RavenKat » May 6th, 2004, 4:31 am

There's a tv ad?! Wow - can someone tell me what it's like? Is the website different from TSFL? Very curious. :D

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cdixon » May 6th, 2004, 6:34 am

Well the TV ad is just the basic you know --- want to lose some weight? kind of ad. I am not even sure what made me even go look at the web site other than the fact that it was a meal replacement program.

The web site for the TV ad is very commercial - it is designed to sell sell sell but if you click on "about Medifast" you can get over to the main website and find out all of the same info that they have here. It is not for support or anything - no forums, etc.

I am glad I found this site so that I will have someone to talk to.
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
cdixon

Postby Landylue » May 6th, 2004, 9:30 am

I've not seen a TV commercial for MF either, or any magazine/newspaper ads. I was very surprised, though, to see it on a vendor's kiosk in the hallway of a mall in Colorado Springs a couple of weeks ago.

I've got to be honest with you guys, when I first ordered Medifast off the net, I thought I was ordering the same product that I used years ago on a another fasting program. I was pleasantly surprised that the price had gone down, and the packaging was more colorful. Well, duh--not the same program, dummy! Anyway, it must have been providence, because I never would have stumbled across this forum if I had had my head up above the water line and really ordered the 'old' product. I couldn't be more happy.

You guys have made all the difference in the world.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.