new here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

new here

Postby pinkgeek » March 15th, 2004, 2:38 pm

Hi everyone

I posted a message earlier asking about the program. Thank you to Unca Tim for the reply. Since then I have been in contact with Nancy and Terry. I was wondering, of those of you who are on the program, how many of you do just shakes and how many do shakes and supplements (soup, bars, oatmeal, etc.)? Is there any advantage to either way or is it more according to preference? I haven't yet placed an order, but I have registered and will be placing an order as soon as I have some information regarding just shakes vs. shakes + supplements. I have 75 to 80 pounds to lose. I have tried Atkins, LA Weight Loss, and some other things. I am nervous that this will not work, but so many of you have lost so much weight and this seems to be a nice place for support and encouragment. It seems you really keep each other positive and keep things in perspective. Thank you all in advance for the information and I look forward to being a regular, reading and posting, and being a big loser!
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 15th, 2004, 2:49 pm

Hi Pink...welcome!

There are some who do the modified fast, which is five supplements a day plus one lean and green meal (salad and lean meat).

There are some who do five supplements per day, with three of them being shakes and the other two being any of the other Medifast products

Then there are the "purists"...the ones who will only consume the shakes.

Whatever you are comfortable with is the way you should go. Me personally, I am on the five supplements a day, with a lean and green a couple of days a week.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 15th, 2004, 2:57 pm

Hi Pink,

Welcome to Medifast world. I am usually 3 shakes and 2 supplements, but I have frequently done 5 shakes a day. I do not do the 5 and 1 plan. I think any of the plans work it really is a personal preference. You can order sample packs of most everything from Medifast. So try them out and go with what you like.
One thing I can warn you about, do the program as written, I thought I could add "things" and it wouldn't hurt. I was wrong. I went 100% this week and I dropped 5 pounds. So which ever program you chose you will lose weight, just be sure to only have what Medifast allows you to have.

Keep reading and posting this gang will help you.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » March 15th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Jeanette wrote:Hi Pink...welcome!

Then there are the "purists"...the ones who will only consume the shakes.

Whatever you are comfortable with is the way you should go

Hi Pink!!

I knew I heard my ear ringing (must have been that Jeanette-slap-ola) I am the purist she was refering to!!

To each his/her own. Jeanette said it - whatever you are comfortable with.

For me, its what I (ME and ONLY ME) could tolerate. I soley believed you had to do the full fast (5 shakes a day - nothing added, mixed into, stirred, powdered, or dribbled into the 5 shakes) I started with this premise, and was a new "learned boy" about 1 month into it, though I did not change my methods.

I made myself (and it was not that hard) stick with the 5 shakes "purist" method (this is her wording) untill I almost reached goal.

It all depends again, on what you can tolerate. Your body will tolerate anything you give it, I chose the shakes nothing more...

Welcome to the group!!

Purist - Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby shineface » March 15th, 2004, 4:31 pm

Hi Pink --- Welcome... 8)

This really is a "to each his own" within suggestions of the MF plan -- I think that's a big part of why MF works !!! THAT and THIS FORUM with all of the wonderful people and their sincere support!!!

I do shakes, suppls and a lean and green as suggested in quantities by the plan - some days I opt not to even have the lean and green - I cannot stress enough though, how important the WATER is ---drink, drink, drink -- it makes a huge difference!!!!

So, time's a wastin' - make the order -and start shakin' :cleader: and slurpin' :toast: and postin' :puter: and drinkin' your water :water: -- which does lead to excessive peein' :oops:

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Thanks so much

Postby pinkgeek » March 15th, 2004, 6:08 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. Everyone seems so nice and positive...that means a lot! I am excited to place the order and get started. I think Terry was going to email me back a plan suggestion and the $25 off my first order promo code, though. I think I may just order the starter plan and that will probably give me a good idea if I want to be a purist or not. Mike sure did lose a lot of weight so hmmmm :) Anyways thank you again. I'm sure I will be pestering everyone with my questions and concerns in the not so distant future.
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » March 15th, 2004, 6:50 pm

Hi Pink

Why put off for tommorrow what you could do today? lol!! I did just what you are doing..I hummed and hawed over placing my order...wasnt sure what Plan to do...and I read and read the forum for a few days..untill one day I just DID IT!! like the Nike Commerical says...JUST DO IT!! I ordered the one month starter kit supply...and off I went!! I do the full program..and sometimes the modified..with a lean/green meal if I have lunch or dinner plans. I mainly have 3 shakes a day..with Chili for dinner at night with crackers (medifast) or soup...then have my last shake for dessert. THERE IS A TON OF IDEAS and recipes on this forum to make the shakes tasty...they are tasty plain..but you can flavor them up a bit to your liking!! its been 6 weeks for me tommorrow....and 20 pounds gone!! Im so glad I started when I did...looking back...6 weeks has gone by quick...and my weight loss is definatley showing up...week by week!!

welcome to the forum....place your order...and start shakin your way to your goal with us...the sooner you start..the sooner you will be on your way to a thinner you!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Landylue » March 15th, 2004, 7:29 pm

I'll have to get in the purist line myself, Pink. Only because, for me at least, it's the absolute easiest. No decisions, except what you choose, if you choose, to mix the packet with. Like Mike says, it's wonderful just by itself. You just have to live by the motto--Don't take that first bite.

Around 10 years ago I went on a liquid fast for 5 months straight and lost a little over 100 lbs. When I went on maintenance, adding food little by little, I lost another 12 lbs. I sailed through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's without eating solid food. In fact, that Thanksgiving I ran--RAN!!!-- in my first ever 5K. What an awesome feeling!

Your life is fixing to change, Pink--just believe it.

Now, what in the world are you waiting for?

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » March 15th, 2004, 8:20 pm

Hey there, Pink One ~

So happy to hear from you and to know that you are about to embark on the greatest journey ever - the Journey to Healthiness and Happiness!

I started off on shakes only as I just did not want to take a chance on ordering something I didn't like. If I ordered it, I would HAVE to drink/eat it. Tossing out was not an option for me if I had paid for it nor would I ever even consider sending it back to the company. I started off with one or two boxes of orange pineapple, fifteen boxes of choc and five boxes of vanilla. I did that for three months before I ventured out of my safety shell and tried the Creamy Broc soup!

You have to decide yourself - only YOU know your taste buds best! Order the flaves you think are your faves. FULL fast is by doctor's monitoring!

Just give Terry a call at his toll free number, 1-8--621-1927 and he will place that order for you. You have to call, he'll not post the promo code as folks need to talk to Terry first. 'sides, folks read through the Forum for months and if they come upon an OLD promo code in a month or two from now, it won't be any good then. We want Happy Slurpers here at MakeMeThinner!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.