new here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

new here

Postby gina_78 » February 2nd, 2007, 7:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im starting MF tomorrow and im kinda nervous... Not sure which route to take.. the full fast or the 5 and 1 plan. Honestly Im just looking forward to finally take some weight off. Im 5'5" 221lbs
gina_78

Postby DonicaB » February 2nd, 2007, 8:30 pm

Hi Gina~ Welcome! Nothing to be nervous about. I think you will find MF to be very easy. Personally I do the 5 & 1. I really need that 1 meal each day. I like sitting down to dinner with my family every evening. :bib: You just have to decide which works best for you.

Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy. :cheermed:

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » February 2nd, 2007, 9:23 pm

Hey Gina! That's great that you'll be starting! No worries. I agree with Donica, this is the easiest plan I've ever done. The 5&1 is great because I really need that full meal. It helps me to stay on plan.

One thing that will insure your success is to be totally committed to this. This isn't the type of plan that a person just "tries" to do. You gotta do it, and have the mind set that your are going to reach your goal. If you can do that, you will lose the weight.

We're all here for you. I can't wait for you to start posting your results!!
Let's shake it!!!! :goteam:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 2nd, 2007, 10:36 pm

Hi Gina and welcome,
:wave:

Both plans are pretty close to the same results, except you really should be monitored by an MD on the full fast. (no regular meals)

Keep us posted....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » February 3rd, 2007, 12:10 am

Welcome Gina. And good luck on the plan you choose. :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » February 3rd, 2007, 6:24 am

Hi, Gina. Welcome! I thought at first I'd want the full fast, too - but I've actually only done that one day due to a busy schedule. You may find you look forward to and need the feeling of that real food in your system. Also, I read that if you do the full fast and then slip in any 'real' food, you are in a whole lot of pain because your body gets used to having nothing to digest. As I looked ahead to maintenance I just didn't want to have to deal with that - plus the doctor's supervision thing scared me off, because I don't like to tell my doctor when I'm on a diet (even though you're always supposed to, but I"m healthy other than the extra weight so....) - extra pressure in my brain. :D

I know you will make the choice that is best for you, though - and everyone here will be cheering you on!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2007, 9:20 am

Welcome to the Medifast crew Gina!!!!! Whatever your decision, you will do just fine!

Postby Honey Child » February 3rd, 2007, 9:37 am

Anonymous wrote:Welcome to the Medifast crew Gina!!!!! Whatever your decision, you will do just fine!

Ooops, I wasn't logged in when I wrote the message above :oops:
Welcome!
ImageImage
SW: 188.0 - 1/20/07
January - 7.2 lost!
February - 7 lost!
March - 7.4 lost!
April - 1.6 lost so far!
Honey Child
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby sheri1103 » February 3rd, 2007, 10:24 am

Hi Gina - Welcome aboard. I actually did the full fast for a month, with my doctor's ok. Then I switched to the 5/1. I found for me, that to stay on the full fast I was using it as an excuse to avoid food and that is not healthy as someday I will need to "eat" again. So using the 5/1 teaches me how to eat properly and in smaller portions. Hope this helps. :D
Sheri B
"One day at a time and one pound at a time"
sheri1103
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Jan » February 3rd, 2007, 10:52 am

Hi there!!
Here's the good news .. .I've watched lots and lots of people part with the pounds .. and guess what .. I've not noticed too much (if any) difference as far as weight loss goes... Both groups lose at just about the same rate!!
The main difference is ( as everyone has told you) You will need to be monitored by a Dr. if you choose the full program .. no lean and green.
I personally like the "lean and green" program the best.. you learn exactly what 7 oz of chicken or 5 oz of beef looks like .... and your system still is digesting meat and veggies .. easier to transition back..
You'll do great!! :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » February 3rd, 2007, 2:32 pm

Welcome This is the easiest diet out there. You will do great.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2007, 4:08 pm

thanks i really appreciate it so far

Postby Nancy » February 3rd, 2007, 8:07 pm

Hi, Gina ~

Transition is much easier for people on the 5 & 1 Program. The difference in the rate of weight loss is minimal.

I like the structure of the program - the five meal replacements is easy to manage for busy people and the Lean and Green is easy to prepare or order at a restaurant. I’ve been on many different programs and used to eat two or three times a day. When I am given too many options, I have the tendency to overeat – during the TSFL weight loss phase I learned that I do best when I eat smaller meals at regular intervals and what kinds of foods keep my hunger satisfied.

The key to losing weight is following the proven program. We’re happy that you are joining us in the journey!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby gina_78 » February 4th, 2007, 6:19 am

well thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQMqSk9/]
[/url]
gina_78

Postby Mike » February 4th, 2007, 11:33 am

Good luck Gina. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.