New here . . . how am I doing?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New here . . . how am I doing?

Postby mylasthope » April 19th, 2005, 7:49 am

Hello everyone! I've been watching you all for a few weeks now and just had to join in on the fun!

I started on MF on 4/11 and lost 4.75 lbs the first week. I guess I'm happy with that :roll: I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily but I just can't seem to help myself. :x That's why this morning when I weighed in on day 9 I was upset because I had gained a pound!! :dooh:
Should I not be discouraged and stop weighing myself so often?

Also, I am having trouble getting all 5 meal replacements in. I'm not starving now that I've been on the plan a week and if I'm not hungry I feel guilty eating. So, several days I've only had 4 meal replacements. Is that bad?? Could that be why I'm not losing more? Could 1 meal replacement make that much difference?

help!
mylasthope
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 19th, 2005, 8:47 am

You definitely need to be getting all of your meals in. Your body may think that it is starving so it holds on to the fat for later use. Try to get all of your meal replacements in and see if that helps.

This is my humble opinion. There are many more on this forum who can offer better advice. I am still somewhat of a newbie myself.

Also, how much water are you getting each day? :water:

Keep your chin up. If you stick to the plan, you will lose weight. :pet:

Hope this helps.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby doglover » April 19th, 2005, 10:12 am

I agree 100% - YES not getting enough medimeals in will definitely affect you weight loss. So suck 'em down sweety! In fact if you are on the complete program it is recommended to have 6. If you are on 5:1 then you have 5 and one lean/green.

The water is really important too!
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 19th, 2005, 10:56 am

I have posted this before, but it says in the Medifast printed literature that even if you have to DOUBLE up you must take all your supplements. In other words, it is better to have two shakes at once than to leave one out! I missed a supplement yesterday but it was accidental and I didn't fall asleep knowing I was "missing a meal". I just nodded off...If you are tempted to skip a meal, especially if you are full fasting, read the nutrient listing for your shake! You are robbing your body of vital nutrients and fuel it is not getting anywhere else!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 20th, 2005, 1:58 pm

mylasthope........first of all...WELCOME.....so glad you joined us..... :yes: ....I love the name...(mylasthope).....Medifast...your last hope...will be your saving grace...... :yeah: .....as long as you are compliant , focused, and hop back on the thinnie train when or if you fall off........ :burnout: .....as far as the supplements...I can relate to what your saying about not being hungry, however, not taking in the correct amount of supplements will indeed effect your weight loss... :shock: ....kind of in the same way eating the wrong foods would......if your not drinking the required water and eating the required supplements ...then your off plan.... :( .....In our warped minds we always think less is better... :scratch: .....i'll lose faster...etc. ....but it has a negative effect.... :| ....and I'm sure you are working so hard to rid yourself of this excess poundage that I hate to see you not benefit 100%...be good to yourself...... ;) ....when has anyone ever said you should be eating more when your on a weight loss program....well we all are cause Medifast is different....and if followed correctly this will be the last weight loss program you will ever have to partake in........ :yay:...many prayers for your success
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mylasthope » April 23rd, 2005, 7:30 am

Thank you all for your replies and advice! I'm definitely going to make sure I get all of them in . . . even if I'm not hungry!
mylasthope

Postby Nancy » April 26th, 2005, 1:10 am

Dear MyLastHope ~

I wanted to check in with you and see how you are getting along now - fitting all 5 of your Medifast meal replacements in over the course of your day?

How much weight have you lost by now? Energy level good?

Inquiring minds wanna know because we care about YOU! :hug:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mylasthope » April 27th, 2005, 7:44 am

Hi Nancy! So nice to hear from you!

I've been making sure to get all of my MF meals in, drinking all of my water and eating my lean and green for dinner. My lowest weight was 8lbs lost as of the middle of last week. Since then, I've gained a couple back somehow! :?: My TOM is coming soon, so I'm hoping that is why.

I LOVE the program! My eating schedule varies a little bit depending on whether I'm home that day or not. But usually it's:

8:30-9am - oatmeal - I usually bake them into cookies, that way I can take them with me as I'm running out the door.
11:30-12:00 - a shake
2:00 - a bar
4:00 - a shake
6:00 - lean and green
9:00 - a shake

plus, drinking my wather throughout the day.

Nancy, please tell me if I'm thinking right - I'm really thinking that I need to calm down and trust the program and not be so "weight sensitive" right now. If I had truly lost and kept off the 8lbs in 2 weeks, I'd be thrilled, but the fact that I regained really bothered me. But, that's what I get for weighing mid-week! Plus the TOM thing coming up could be affecting the scale too. But, I AM NOT going to weigh myself until next Sunday or Monday when my 3rd week is up. I usually weigh on Monday, but I'm thinking about adjusting that to Sunday so that I can weigh in with everyone else here.

The other thing is . . . I'm not supposed to exercise the first month? Is that right? Well . . . some of my friends coaxed me into going to Gold's Gym Monday night for a Body Pumping class. They said "Oh, it's just weight lifting. It's not like an aerobics class or anything." Oh my! That class was intense! :weightlift: They totally misled me! I thought I was going to die. I can barely move right now because I'm so sore! :shock: Plus, I didn't lose anything after all of that! Of course that was weighing myself yesterday morning and I'm not rechecking anymore because if i still didn't lose I'd be too upset.

The good news is my clothes are fitting better and my rings are getting looser. So, for now, I'm going to go by those things instead of the scale.

Sorry to ramble on and on. Thank you so much for checking on little ol' me. I just wanted to make sure I gave you enough info so your experise could help me!
mylasthope

Postby Nancy » April 27th, 2005, 8:32 am

Dear MyLastHope ~

Your name could be changed to MyLastDiet if you follow all the Medi-rules!

You are doing a great job – your meal plan looks good, you are getting the water in and your meals are spaced out fine. :hi5:

Get off the scale. It will make you :nana: cwazy and there are enough :redhead: crazed people in the world today so don’t add to the population.

Wow! That was easy to say – from ME, the queen of the bathroom scale. It IS hard to stay off the scale but since you confessed, back away, beep! :coach: Beep! Back away from the scale.

Putting your hand on a hot stove top burns, barking & snarling dogs bite so wise people avoid them. Avoid your scale until weigh-in Sunday.
:secret: I have written many responses throughout the Forum regarding factors that affect weight loss so you’ll just have to do the research, Little Darlin’.

Trust the Take Shape Program, it works. Your flabbage will come off. :whip: Calm down.

The other thing is . . . I'm not supposed to exercise the first month? Is that right?

Yes, that’s right, MyLastHope.

Well . . . some of my friends coaxed me into going to Gold's Gym Monday night for a Body Pumping class.

What kind of :twisted: FRIENDS :twisted: do you have?
They said "Oh, it's just weight lifting. It's not like an aerobics class or anything." Oh my! That class was intense!

You are not ready for that. You are about 65 pounds over weight right now. How about strapping a 65 pound load of :bricks: bricks onto their back and let them haul that around for an hour – they will feel like they are gonna die, too!

I can barely move right now because I'm so sore! Plus, I didn't lose anything after all of that! Of course that was weighing myself yesterday morning and I'm not rechecking anymore because if i still didn't lose I'd be too upset.

Re: Yup. You are jumping the gun here. :weightlift: Exercise doesn’t begin until week 4 and when it does, it needs to not leave you wiped out but rather refreshed.

Begin slowly, gradually working up to 45 minutes MAX over a period of time.

Stressed muscles = water weight gain.

Aunt Flow for most women = fluid retention.

Fluid retention = :nana: crazed women :nana:

You are setting yourself up for psychological failure right now.

This is a low calorie program and it will not support such a work out.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mylasthope » April 27th, 2005, 9:00 am

Thanks Nancy! Yep, that's what I thought! I just wanted to hear (see) it for myself.

After reading through some more posts, I also just realized that I am eating WAY too much salad dressing. So, I am going to change that starting today!! I think I'm so used to the low-carb diet that when it came to salad dressing, I fell back into old habits. That's probably a big part of my problem. Duh!! I think I will try to salsa option.

I have read many many posts on this forum and have found the info extremely helpful. There aren't many topics that haven't been covered at one time or another. It really is invaluable information.

I really do have great friends . . . they were just trying to include me when they asked me to go. The thing is . . . not all of them know that I am doing MF. It's a long story but sometimes it's best to keep things to yourself even when it comes to well meaning friends.

So, for now, no more exercise, no more high fat high cal dressing, no more daily weighing! :D

Thanks to everyone for all of the support!
mylasthope

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2005, 9:05 am

I am a scale slave also. :whip: I am so bad that I put my scales under my bed thinking that will keep me from weighing every day, but I just go and get them every morning. And......it is driving me crazy. :nana:

I guess I will ask my husband to hide them from me until every Sunday morning. I just can't trust myself.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » April 27th, 2005, 9:24 am

MyLastHope ~

Salad dressings and other commercially prepared products can be misleading for many of us - FAT FREE does not equal low calorie or low carb.

I never thought I would live to see the day that I actually liked the taste of salad - when I weighed over 200 pounds, I preferred to have a bowl of salad dressing with a little bit of Romaine lettuce. ;)

Wine Vinegar isn't too bad as a salad dressing either.

I am glad that you find the Forum to be so helpful - mission accomplished!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.