new - 7 days in

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

new - 7 days in

Postby doglover » February 13th, 2005, 7:47 am

8) I an sitting on my couch reading through the posts that I finally found! I am thrilled to have found this forum! Let me give you an introduction:

I am 36 and have at least 20 lbs to lose and if I get there I may try for another 20! I started this on Mon. 2/7. Had a rough day 2, then it seemed to get better to only get worse at the end of the week. I was feeling very tired, lathargic and my body began to ache adn feel "heavy". I could barely type on Fri and barely move by Sat night. I went to bed and woke at 2:30 am Sun morning. I was wide awake until 6 am. Fell back asleep and when my son woke me at 7:30 I thought I needed to either eat something or head to the Emergency Room.

I grabbed my daughters laptop while my husband mixed my shake for me. I was so lethargic I didn't even want to eat! But I put it down and found the info on bouillon. My hubby ran to the store and bought some for me. I drank one cup while reading hundreds of these posts and guess what???? I am better! I think I had my electrolytes so messed up and am probably dehydrated that I probably was almost ready for the ER! I have been getting 64 oz of water in but now see that I probably need more!

So, here I am, joing the group for support and info! Thank you for having this forum! The GOOD News......I lost 5 lbs in the first 3 days! I weigh in tomorrow (one week) so will let you know!

Donna
doglover

Postby jene115 » February 13th, 2005, 9:24 am

Donna, first of all welcome! I'm glad you found this group. We are a very supportive and caring group and you came to the right place.

I'm glad you got the buillion in you. Nothing is worse than the dizzy, lethargic feeling of being low on sodium or potassium, etc. I'm on BP medicine and have to be very careful as that alone makes me dizzy.

5 pounds in 3 days, that's great! Sounds like you're well on your way. Looking forward to hearing about your first complete week. Hang in there. I too started last week, but the first two days were ugly and I've been dragging a little, but I'm doing the best I can.
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby scrabbler7 » February 13th, 2005, 9:37 am

Hi Donna - welcome to the forum! Glad that you found us before you hurt yourself!!! Good news on the boullion - definitely a big help for most of us here and since you are already doing the water; you should start seeing a definite change in how you feel!

I went to bed and woke at 2:30 am Sun morning. I was wide awake until 6 am.

I too had some problems with insomnia in the beginning. It took a couple weeks for it to even itself out -- but I've found that I do not need as much sleep now and my sleep is very light so I often wake up wide awake in the middle of the night. I've learned to keep myself as regulated as possilbe with what time I go to bed -- it does help if I don't vary my schedule very much. I've also found that physical activity helps me to sleep more soundly at nite. Even if I don't exercise in the true sense of the word, other things help -- like cleaning the shower or vacuuming the house.

One quick question - when you ordered your supplies - did you do so through a Health Advisor? If so, you should be able to contact your advisor if you have problems like that again to gain some guidance. MF certainly shouldn't put you in the emergency room -- and it's such a shame you had to go through all of that un-necessarily. Thank goodness you found MMT in time!

You sound like you've done a good job of getting through the rough days -- you should be smooth sailing by now. And WOW!!! what a supportive HUBBY! Good for you guys!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 13th, 2005, 9:39 am

I'm so glad you found us Donnay. This is the end of my second week, but I was much more fortunate than you in that I found this forum before I got my MF grub so I knew a lot of the tricks already and was well prepared. I absolutely sailed through the first few days, but I'm sure only becaue I had read so much here.
As for the bullion, I use the "better than bullion" brand, it's really good. It's not cubes, but kind of a paste that comes in a glass jar. You do have to keep it in the fridge though, but fortunately I have one at work so I have both beef and chicken at home and work. I make it a habit to mix some in with my soups, which I have at least once a day, and then if I get to feeling tired or draggy at all I mix up another cup. Also the MR "quicksoups" work well for this. I put the "robust tomato" in my chili.........adds flavor and gives you that extra sodium and potassium your body will be wanting sometime during the day.
Glad you are feeling better. If you made it through what sounds like it was very unpleasant, you are a determined gal and are going to do great with the program. Have a wonderful week!
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby kassilou » February 13th, 2005, 10:27 am

Hi, Donna.

Congratulations on getting started! You're on your way!

I, too, add the boullion to my soup so that I can be sure to get enough sodium. It has helped with the dizziness. I just received my copy of "Success in a Shaker Jar" and that's been helpful, too, as this is only my second week.

It's great you found this site...it has been so helpful to me.

Good luck! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

thank you for the welcome!

Postby doglover » February 13th, 2005, 11:44 am

Thank you for all the kind words and welcome! I did start w/ an advisor and plan to call her tomorrow. I also lost an ID code she gave me when I made my first order and apparently need that for my next order! I ordered 2 weeks to start so need to get some more ordered by Tues or so.

Anyway, I also want to know how to register for this site so I am no longer a guest. Can anyone help with that?

I have had such a great day, done some cleaning in my basement and really have not felt the terrible hunger and weakness I experienced this week. I actually made it 3 hours between my first two meals whereas this past week I had to have something every 2 hours and then could not have anything after 8:30. But after figuring out the electrolights thing I am finally on the right track!

And finally, I do have the best and most supportive husband! He is terrific. He is trying a Slimfast thing to get about 20 lbs off. We're heading to Jamaica in May for our 15 yr anniversary! We're very motivated!

Thanks again!
Donna
doglover

Postby 24KaratGold » February 13th, 2005, 11:47 am

Donna, to register go to the main page of the board that lists all of the forums. Down at the bottom there are a series of links; one on the right says "Register." Click there, then follow the directions and you'll be all set.

Welcome, and congratulations on staying tough when it got difficult. Physically, it should be a lot better from here on out.

Oh, and by the way, you should never be really hungry on this plan (except at meal time, of course!) If you find that it's 8:30 and you are starvin', it's okay to go ahead and have another shake. Not another bar -- just one of those a day -- but another shake is okay.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 14th, 2005, 12:14 am

Howdy Doody, Donna ~

Whew! Happy to hear that thanks to your husband, the ER came to you! Isn't that bouillon an amazing pick-me-up? Yep, ya gotta drink lots of water and keep the bouillon handy.

If you haven't done so, please read your Quick Start booklet several times the first week or two of your program. It is important to understand all the 'rules' so you are successful and feeling mighty fine all through all the phases of your program from weight loss to transition and then on into maintenance for a healthy and happy life.

Happy shaking and thinning!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Triskets » February 14th, 2005, 9:22 am

Hi Donna and welcome to our group. Jamaica! How exciting. I've always wanted to go there. What a great motivator.
You've gotten wonderful advice from previous posts so I don't have anything to add - just wanted to welcome you to the club!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 14th, 2005, 11:14 am

So glad to hear that you are feeling and doing better Donna. You will find that any time you have questions, just post here and you'll get a response in a short time. Don't wait, wonder or suffer needlessly, everyone here is wonderful.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby cthrn007 » February 14th, 2005, 4:10 pm

Welcome to our group Donna!

We are sooo glad you found us and are feeling better!!!

You have come to the right place for support :stroll: & I am looking forward to learning more about ya!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!

~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.