New approach

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New approach

Postby Saa DMB 87 » July 30th, 2004, 12:31 am

Hi all, My name is Adelaide :D
Before now all of my dieting efforts were because I wasn't sure why things were going wrong in my life and I needed a concrete problem and also because I felt like I wasn't a good person because I could not control my eating habits. Weight loss and food became a huge focus and also a huge stressor. I constantly was thinking about what I was consuming and then picturing it going straight to my hips. I got to such an extreme of starving myself and working out incessantly and then binging. I really think that I was borderline eating disorder.

What I am trying to say is that with the help of this site, my boyfriend, and this diet I am doing this for myself. Not because I need to fit in or because I am depressed.
And now that I have this outlook it has become so simple.
I find that other things in my life that before seemed so difficult are now much easier to tackle.

I don't really know what the point of this post was.
I just feel so amazing about myself and what I am doing now and what I can accomplish.

Thanks to everyone for all of your wonderful posts about each of your good days and bad days.

-Ad
Start - 175
Goal - 135

My birthday is October 29th
I will make my goal weight by Halloween
no more excuses.
time to work hard.
Saa DMB 87

Postby MomJackieLee » July 30th, 2004, 5:37 am

Sounds like you have a wonderfully positive attitute towards yourself and the weight loss process. I'm glad you are doing this for YOU. Welcome aboard and post away!!!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Simmshe » July 30th, 2004, 7:37 am

Hi Adelaide :),

I can relate closely to what you wrote--I thought about food and my weight 24-hours a day (yes, even in my sleep!), and would keep attempting to go back to "counting calories" and exercising (which did help me lose 100lbs a couple of years ago), ad nauseam. But I was doing it out of desperation the latter times, which is never a good thing. Desperation and self-loathing is the wrong place to begin to tackle the big issue of weight loss and the oft accompanying food issues--took me forever to really learn this--just this year, in fact! But once this resonated in me, I quit trying to lose weight out of self-loathing and completely quantifying my self-worth by how much I weigh. I still have a ways to go to fully accepting myself, no matter what, but I'm getting there.

It does feel great to have mental breakthroughs like you have had--and you should feel amazing :)! You certainly have the winning combination of mental preparedness and a great weight loss program to be successful.

Glad to have you here and am wishing you the very best on this journey :). Keep the posts coming!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Saa DMB 87 » July 30th, 2004, 8:32 am

thanks y'all!!!!
Start - 175
Goal - 135

My birthday is October 29th
I will make my goal weight by Halloween
no more excuses.
time to work hard.
Saa DMB 87

Postby Nancy » August 3rd, 2004, 1:44 am

Howdy doody, Ad and Welcome to the Forum!

You are gettin' your head together and you're gathering a postive team! That's so awesome that you have a boyfriend that is so supportive, too.

Medifast is a miracle. Enjoy each day as you learn how to eat to live and not to live to eat!

Shake on Health! Shake off the flabbage! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.