New and not yet on MF

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New and not yet on MF

Postby Prancer » June 11th, 2006, 10:20 am

I have been reading up about MF for a few days now and trying to decide if it is right for me, if it will work. I joined your forum to learn more about the program before investing. I have tried every diet out there and havent had much success. I did lose quite a bit of weight with WW before I had kids.

Does anyone here have PCOS? I was wondering how MF works with people who suffer from PCOS.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Janae » June 11th, 2006, 10:49 am

Welcome, Jenn-

You will find a wealth of information here and many kind people who are willing and quick to help answer questions you may have.

There are so many success stories here... many who have succeeded at losing and are now maintaining (and still cheering us all on!) as well as even more of us who are in the "thick" or rather the "thin" of the weight loss phase.

Personally, I read for days before making my decision to start...I had all the right nutritional and medical reasons to do MF...but, what made the difference for me was the people here and their generous willingness to share their stories.

Hope you'll decide to join the program. You will not regret it.

As for the PCOS- there are some here who are also challenged with it. Search on it and you will find several posts.

Blessings-
J
Janae

Postby falisamarie » June 11th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Hi Jen~

I like Vicky would say that Medifast has saved and changed my life. I started Medifast on the 15th of January and since that time I have lost 79 pounds! My ticker reflects my overall loss but it took me 3.5 months to lose the initial 14 pounds before Medifast.

I do hope you will join us in our journey. While thinking about it just post any questions you think of and someone will be here to help.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Prancer » June 11th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Thank you all. I have spent a lot of time the last three days reading things at this site. It seems so encouraging. I need to talk to my husband more about it and get his ok on the $$ before I do anything. I have a few questions about living with MF but dont really know where to post them..off to search.
Prancer

Postby Elke » June 11th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Hi Jen, I hope you find what your looking for and truley join us. I too did weeks of reading before I decided it was for me. Been here 3 weeks now and I have lost 13 lbs. Would have been more but that another story :)
Hope to see you around.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » June 11th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Welcome! I, too, hope you decide to join us. You won't be sorry. It's worked for me - albeit slowly - when nothing else would.

Feel free to search around and then post any questions you have. Right here is fine, or the "Weight Room" and "Weight Loss" areas are good ones to use, too.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » June 11th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Hi, and welcome, Jenn.

I'm one of the ones with PCOS (and there are several others).

Like you, I've tried almost all of them, and I have done Weight Watchers four times. The most I was able to lose on WW was about 1/2 lb per week. If you'll notice from my ticker, I've lost 43.5 lbs since March 16th of this year. That's about 12 weeks or so. That amount of weight would have taken me 87 weeks on Weight Watchers.

Also, as Mary Jane Medlock says, it's goof-proof! This is so much EASIER than WW or any of the other ones my dh and I have tried (and a lot less expensive, not to mention not as risky as surgery).

I also suffer from severe and frequent migraines. HOWEVER, those have also improved greatly! I've gone from 2-3 a week to 2-3 a month. Talk about change in quality of life!

For the FIRST TIME in my adult life I KNOW this time is for keeps! Not only will I be at healthy weight (something that hasn't happened since I was 17 and just about starved myself), I will have a lifestyle, a support system and a program to maintain it.

Yep, it's changed my life.

If your doctor says it's ok, try it for a month. What have you got to lose? And at the end, if it's not for you, you'll only be out $275 (if you get the variety pack) and will probably have lost 10-20 lbs, even with PCOS.

Good luck with your decision, Jenn.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby loriannk » June 11th, 2006, 7:37 pm

I just wanted to say Hello,

For me Medifast gave me my life back. I feel better then I have in 13 years.

Medifast does work. Hope you join us with your weight loss journey.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 12th, 2006, 9:02 pm

I just wanted to add my hello. There are several people on the site with PCOS, just click the search button up top and type in PCOS.

Ask any questions you need and someone is always around!

Welcome!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » June 13th, 2006, 5:26 am

Thank you all for your encouragement. I have talked with my husband at length and I think I am ready to do it. I have to call the number still and get things ordered. I am hoping tomorrow will be the day to do it. I need to get the financial thing straightened out and I will have time to do that tonight I think.

Thank you all so much. Your stories are such a ray of hope!
Prancer

Postby Michelle » June 13th, 2006, 8:37 am

Congratulations on your decision Jen! I am so excited for you to get started! If you have any questions, we're all here for you!

Welcome to the family!
:wave:
Michelle
Michelle
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.