I'm new and I need Help

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm new and I need Help

Postby dlr2424 » February 19th, 2005, 9:58 pm

This is my first time with Medifast and I'm on my 10th day. I chose the complete plan, as this was the easiest for me. I need to lose between 30-50lbs and lost 6 my first week. My first question is: Would chromate and a fat metabolizer make any difference in losing faster? (that was a recommendation from coastal medical before discovering this site) and Second: Am I following the plan correctly? Everyday this is my menu: 9:00am/shake.....12:30/shake.....4:30/chili & crackers.....7:30/shake....
10:30....shake .......64-94 oz water....maybe one s.free jello or one bullion.....no exercise yet......feel great....not hungry.......not sure if I am suppose to be having 5 or 6 supplements a day on the complete fast and does complete fast mean strictly shakes or combination 3-4 shakes and one MF food supplement daily?
:D
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MamaD » February 20th, 2005, 8:53 am

Hi There and welcome to the club

Sounds like you are doing it right. You need 6 suppliments if you are doing the full fast...you have to have at least 3 shakes and they you can add the chili or the chicken soup. The fast soups are "snacks". If I would change anything I would add more water... I am sure that nancy will chime in with the real rules...but until she wakes up...she is in a different zone then most of us..this might help.
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby Marseilles » February 20th, 2005, 9:07 am

Looks like you are right on track but as previously mentioned you should be having 6 'shakes' a day.

Good news, it was recently announced that the supplements NO LONGER must be three of the cold shakes each day. It has been said that you now may have ANY combination of the medifast supplements, so long as you do not have more than one bar a day.

Welcome aboard!!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 20th, 2005, 9:09 am

Dear dlr2424 ~

Thank you for your questions!

If you are being monitored by your physician, and are in reasonably good health, the complete program means that you have no regular food, just Medifast meals only. Originally the plan was designed as 5 shakes a day, nothing else but water, 1-2 cups of bouillon and 3 stalks of celery, if needed.

The program then added other meal products such as soup and oatmeal but the complete program was still considered to be all Medifast meals - 3 shakes minimum plus two other Medifast meal products and no other regular foods except for those items specified.

Recent research and clinical studies now permit a combination of any five-six Medifast meal products per day. Some people are more active than the original plan was designed for. There are always exceptions but for the most part, people who are obese, are not very active and thus five meal products is adequate. Since you need to lose 50 pounds, you are over weight but not morbidly obese, as I was. If you are active, have six; inactive, five will do it.

I would add more water as Mama D suggested.

I am not a doctor, nor trained in medicine so I cannot suggest that you take chromate and a fat metabolizer. Medifast works just fine and over million people have used it ad lost weight. If anything, many of our people take a capsule of Oil of Evening Primrose or Flaxseed and Omega 3 Fish Oil. Some people continue taking a daily multiple vitamin.

Best wishes for your continued success.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nancy » February 20th, 2005, 9:12 am

P.S. What time do you get up in the morning?

Some of your meals are stretched to 4 hours apart.

It is best to have your first meal within the first hour of crawling out of bed and then every three hours.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JuliaMejia » February 20th, 2005, 6:34 pm

I have been having 64-94 oz h2o. How much would you recommend?
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby MamaD » February 20th, 2005, 6:40 pm

I have fallen way short on the water thing lately and I can really tell... :oops: :| :roll: I would make 100 my minimun....someone told me that you needed to drink one half your body weight, in oz of course......

Just stay close to the kitty box~!~!~
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby bk » February 21st, 2005, 12:27 am

for what it's worth, i have drank a gallon of water for my last 30 days on program (today was day #40). it is not hard to do once you get used to it and i think it really helps a lot!

i would also like to add that i do take fish oil capsules. actually i take the GNC multi oil blend that has oils from "fish, flax seed, wheat germ, evening primrose, borage and black currant." figured i might as well get the benefits of all the different kinds.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2005, 8:36 am

Julia, it sounds like you are doing great with your water - the high end there, 94 ounces is good.

For some who are just getting started, 64 ounces seems like a swimming pool serving! The more you drink, the better of you'll be.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JuliaMejia » February 21st, 2005, 9:45 am

Thanks guys for the info on water, I had thought as long as I did 64 oz I was good, not really realizing that I may need a little more than that. Many days I have needed more than that though because I was just thirsty! Down about half a pound a day for the last few days that I have been sticking to it 100%!

It's very exciting. I tried something on that has been hidden in my closet for about 3-4 years and I could button it and I thought it actually looked kinda cute! I was excited.
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2005, 10:19 am

Water keeps you from getting constipated and also helps to flush out the fat cells.

How fun to be able to wear some of those 'closet clothes' that have been waiting for you.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby monkeymom » February 21st, 2005, 12:27 pm

Julia, I know what you mean about actually being thristy. Who would ever imagine that you could still get thristy after you have drank (drunk? dranken? .......hate that word) 72 oz. of water by 2pm? I down 3 of the 24oz size bottles of water and try to get it all in by 2, so I"m not running to the potty during my evening classes, but after the first week of MF, I found that I would get thristy if I wasn't drinking, and really didn't want coffee or even diet soda. I think I've had 1 can of diet soda in the last week, and usually get down less than 1/2 a cup of coffee in the mornings, where I used to have at least 2.
This is a vicious cycle that I like :)
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dominiquej » February 21st, 2005, 3:48 pm

Fruit20
I am using Fruit2O to get in all my water, since I am not a big fan of H20.

Some tips from their site:
Nutritionists agree, water is a great way to help hydrate without adding extra calories. Since water doesn’t provide any flavor it is often not the beverage of choice. Fruit2O is the world's first full flavored spring water beverage. Flavored with natural fruit essence and lightly sweetened with Splenda, Fruit2O allows you to consume water while satisfying your flavor needs. Containing no calories, fat or sugar, it is an alternative to unflavored water, sodas and juice drinks.

Your body needs water more than any other substance except oxygen. Water averages about 60% of your body weight and is essential in transporting nutrients, removing waste, and regulating cell volume.
According to Joy Bauer, registered dietitian, Fruit2O spokesperson, and author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition, "To help meet your daily fluid needs, stock up on bottled water! Freeze several bottles the night before, as they will remain colder throughout your road trips. And, if your family wants a flavored beverage, there are other alternatives such as Fruit2O full-flavored water with zero calories, and no sugar!"
"By the yard life is hard; by the inch its a sinch..."
dominiquej
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Karen » February 21st, 2005, 6:52 pm

Wonder if you can actually get addicted to water. I am almost paranoid about being caught out without water. I would never leave the house to go shopping, visiting, etc w/o my water. I even take it to church. Then again, if you have to be addicted to something, water is probably a good choice....much better than addicted to food.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2005, 11:24 pm

I even take it to church

Yup, me, too! I even had a bar in church - I unwrapped it so it wouldn't make noise...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.