New, and hopeful

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby LAwoman » October 17th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Welcome missruth!!!

I know what you mean re: testimonials...
I read and read and read about MF, wondering if it could be for real...
I decided to give it a try, and for me it's been the easiest and most successful weightloss plan around.

Give it a try, a month, stay diligently on plan (eating exactly what you're supposed to, when you're supposed to, sufficient or more water...) and see for yourself.

Can't wait to see how well you do!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby jskm » October 17th, 2007, 9:13 pm

Ruth, I am so sorry I didn't see this here sooner! I'm so glad you decided to try this out, and I can't wait till you get your order! We CAN do this, it will be so fun to have someone to start with! Have you thought about starting your own journal here on the journal forum?

I was just reading a thread over on BC where you posted that your dh was in the AF--my dh is too! I'm at Nellis, so we're actually not that far away! I totally feel you on the heat--it's JUST getting cool enough to start taking ds out for walks and getting some exercise outside. It's nice to be able to go out after 8am or before 10pm for a change. :D

Well, good luck to us both!!! :mrgreen:
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Charity » October 18th, 2007, 1:06 am

Aloha Ruth!

You sound a lot like me! I am 29 and I have a 16 month old. I got up to 211, which is my heaviest, just before having her. I too tried WW but got discouraged because the results were so slow. I also didn't like the freedom to have anything. I like MF because you don't have to think about what you can have all that much and I love that the results are fast and healthy.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your journey! :D
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity

Postby iammissruth » October 18th, 2007, 5:29 am

Thank you so much for the support.

Charity, I was 210 when I got preggie, and I delivered at 245. I am currently at 205, but have been at a stand still, even with WW, for 4 months.
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby lifelovinaries » October 31st, 2007, 9:19 pm

Keep your head in it missruth. We all read testimonials n many different products. They always show the end results (which of course are "not typical). Well you can come here to see the "typical" results. You can see that the plan DOES work, but as with anything, you have to stick with it. Here you are able to read everyone else's stories and battles and realize that we are not machines, we do falter and it is our responsibility to pick ourselves back up with the mindset that once we decide to do it and i mean really DECIDE, it will work. Physically, it has to. If it is not working, it is something we are doing (or not doing) that is preventing our success. I know that sometimes this is easier said than done, i have re-started the plan NUMEROUS times. I also know that when i put my mind to it, the weight comes off effortlessly. I was on WW a few years ago and although i like math, i figured i just didn't have the time for all the calculations. Actually, i CHOSE not to make the time. That was my choice and thats why it didn't work so well for me. This program is almost thoughtless, which is a beautiful thing. Many plans will work if you are compliant, it's a matter of finding the perfect one that fits YOUR mindset and abilities. I know this is a few weeks since you started this thread but, welcome to the forum and i hope you are still with us.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 1st, 2007, 5:06 am

lifelovinaries, thanks for the welcome. Today was my official start date and I woke up with a mission.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Amber » November 1st, 2007, 11:09 am

That's the attitude, missruth! You kick some @$$, Girl!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber

Postby Signladytf » November 1st, 2007, 11:33 am

You just keep on trucking on your mission!

I too, have a mission. To keep an extremely long story short, I have been overweight my entire life, on every diet plan known to man, met and married a wonderful man who doesn't look at my weight, but cares for me and my health.

I have an 11-month old son and a 5 year old son. When I delievered my 11-month old, my weight topped out at 421 pounds. (Actually 2 days prior, I was at 425.)

I decided to begin my mission for health and well-being on August 27, 2007. I have officially lost 54 pounds in 9 weeks and I'm going to keep on shaking my Medifast, keep on chugging the water and keep my blinders on as I plow through this fat to good health.

I said all that to let you know if I can do it, you can do it (what a cliche!)..but it is SO true! Best wishes and you have all of our support!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby iammissruth » November 1st, 2007, 11:38 am

Thanks Amber and Tammy. I am doing pretty good today. I find it actually pretty funny that last night I dreamed that I was already on the program and doing great. And then I would wake up when Makayla cried or coughed (I hate mommy ears some nights) look at the clock and think that it was time to get up and start shakin. I can't believe that I actually woke up WANTING to have a shake. That is a great motivator for me right there.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Amber » November 2nd, 2007, 2:08 pm

How's today, missruth?
Get today & tomorrow out of the way, it'll be clear sailing from then on.
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber

Postby iammissruth » November 2nd, 2007, 6:19 pm

Day two is also a success. Although, we went out to dinner with dh's dad and finace, and I ordered a chicken salad. The description said on a bed of mixed greens, but it had carrots, and there was too many to pick out (and it was in public) So I ate the carrots. Will that throw me off? I got low-fat dressing on the side and just dipped my fork into the dressing before taking a bite.
If you haven't read my lame journal... I had some instant gratification this morning when I got on the scale. Yesterday I started the program at 207.2 and this morning I was 203.6. :shock: I was shocked... I had to weigh myself 3 times because I thought the scale was broken. I am in the mood for dessert so I am going to find a recipe that I was drooling over at work... hehehe MF chocolate pie, here I come!!!
:lol:
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » November 2nd, 2007, 7:34 pm

The sugar in the carrots have the potential to stall your entry into ketosis. Or, if you are already there, could throw you out of ketosis. I always ask about the salads when I go out, sometimes there are other options if you ask for them. Most of the time I prefer to go to some place with a salad bar if I can. That way I can make my own salad. Ruby Tuesdays has an awsome salad bar and delish turkey pattys. If you have one near you ya gotta try it.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby siglamb962 » November 2nd, 2007, 7:54 pm

I love Ruby Tuesdays. Our one out here even has celery and spinach on the salad bar. They have the olive oil out and if you ask they will do a plain chicken breast and cut it up to put on the salad.
I am worth it!!!!!
siglamb962
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » November 2nd, 2007, 11:02 pm

Depending on how may carrots were in there, you might have been okay. (just don't let it happen again missy.... :twisted: )

Glad you are doing well. PLEASE let us know if you need ANYTHING... we are here for ya.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 3rd, 2007, 9:02 am

Ok, this morning I had to do the scale thing again. I will have to see what the carrots did to me later in the week. But the scale this morning read 201 even. I can't believe it! Oh and those chocolate pies (oatmeal crust with chocolate pudding filling) are absolutely delicious. Now I know what to do with the oatmeal. But tastes change so I will see if I like it eventually how it is normally.
Thanks for everyone's encouragement. I think that I am going to move my official WI to a Sunday so that I can weigh in with everyone else. :D
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.