need muffin help

Add your favorite recipes.

need muffin help

Postby imagemd » September 5th, 2007, 5:53 pm

I tried blueberry muffins off the recipe on the box of bb oatmeal....not good. mushy. it was 1/3-1/2 c water, van., 1/8 t. baking powder and some cin. Also, chicken and rice soup boiled over in micro and was still chewy. Any suggestions on cooking that soup??
imagemd

Postby BabyTrace » September 5th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Can't help you on the muffins, but most of the soups are much better if you mix them well in advance before cooking them. A lot of mornings I will mix up the soups I am planning to have later that day and store them in the fridge. It gives everything time to reconstitute.
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » September 5th, 2007, 6:16 pm

The muffins never turn out for me either, but maybe cook them longer?

I cook the soup in a large bowl so I can boil it for a few min. in the micro, that works well for me. I cook it for two min and let it sit for like 10 min. then I cook it for another 2-3 min. It gets thicker that way and much tastier.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » September 5th, 2007, 6:21 pm

Hi there. Di has found a great way to do the muffins, and the brownies. She follows the recipe listed in here on the forum.
Muffins:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10985
Brownies
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5409

Then, instead of using a muffin pan, she divides the batter into proper serving sizes and cooks them in small pyrex 1-2/3 C glass bowls that she covers with aluminum foil then bakes. It keeps the top of the muffin/brownie from forming that ucky skin.

As for the soups, I always soak the chunky soups for about an hour before cooking. Usually this solves all of my troubles. Also, I use larger bowls as they do tend to boil up. (as does the oatmeal).

Hope this helps.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine