Need Help!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Need Help!

Postby 2FeelGood » September 29th, 2006, 8:36 am

Hi,

I did Medifast for few days before and quit due to some personal reasons. I am back on program since Aug 22nd and did pretty good so far. It has been pretty good so far and I lost about 7 pounds so far and feeling pretty good about it.

But for some reason, today I woke up with a headache and am feeling very hungry since morning :( I don't quite understand...I thought once in ketosis, we won't feel hungry! I need to stay strong and not give-in to the hunger! Anybody had any similar experience? Any ideas on why this could be happening?

Any suggestions/in-sight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Very much
-- Momma
31, 5'6".
2FeelGood
Trusted Member

Postby Sarya » September 29th, 2006, 8:48 am

Many things can cause the hunger. Being in ketosis keeps a lot of the hunger at bay, but not all of it. It could be due to stress, hormones, not enough water, not timing your meals well....
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Amber » September 29th, 2006, 10:29 am

Hey Momma,
I cannot answer your questions directly, sorry, but I can empathize!
I, too, have been hungry for the past few weeks. After reviewing the situation w/ my dearest HA, I have gone to 6&1. Not strictly approved, but better an extra MF meal than a cheat. I feel much better and am seldom hungry; my weight loss has NOT suffered.
Your hunger, as Sarya says, could be due to almost anything. Do you log your meals & water? Is your meal timing appropriate? How active is your lifestyle? Lots to consider...
Stay strong, keep shakin"!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Serendipity » September 29th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Maybe if you post here what your typical daily MF schedule is, we could see something that you can't.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby 2FeelGood » September 29th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Thank U all, for your input!

My schedule is something like this:

8:00 am hot cocoa
10:30 am pudding
1:30 pm L & G (Usually grilled chicken + green beans +tomatoes...weekly twice I have 2 hard boiled eggs instead of the grilled chicken)

3:30 pm shake
6:00 pm pudding
8:00 pm pudding

On top of this I usually drink 108-120 ozs of water. I occassionally eat a SF jello for snack...but not everyday.

Couple of times in past few days, I missed my 5th supplement...but that shouldn't put me out of ketosis...would it?

I had major craving to eat some real food since this morning...I was able to hold-on so far. The craving is slowly diminishing now...so, that's good!

Thanks
-- Momma
31, 5'6".
2FeelGood
Trusted Member

Postby Unca_Tim » September 29th, 2006, 1:20 pm

2FeelGood wrote:Couple of times in past few days, I missed my 5th supplement...but that shouldn't put me out of ketosis...would it?

No...but it certainly could make you feel hungry.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby alpha femme » September 29th, 2006, 2:02 pm

try adding a snack between 1030 and your lng-- or moving your lng up a little (maybe an hour) since it is the most filling meal of your day. midmorning is when most people get munchy, and (unless you are eating the second you get up) it looks like your are trying to function on 200 calories for over 6 hours in the morning. that would make me hungry.

anyway, everyone is diferent, but it might work for you.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » September 29th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Tim said just what I was thinking. Skipping meals won't throw you out of ketosis, but it'll certainly make you hungry. You're already consuming very few calories, so dropping down even further isn't a good idea.

You might also sub something for one of the puddings. I find the pudding makes me hungrier than many of the other meals.

Of course, if it's just a day or two, it could just be one of those things. Before Medifast, didn't you have days when you were hungrier (and ate more) than other days? Some days are just like that.

If you find you're especially hungry, by all means, have a legal snack. And if you're STILL hungry, try having an extra supplement.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » September 29th, 2006, 5:13 pm

DogMa wrote: ... If you find you're especially hungry, by all means, have a legal snack. And if you're STILL hungry, try having an extra supplement.

My thoughts exactly. I doubt anyone wants to binge on MF products, so if you're truly hungry then have some extra.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 2FeelGood » October 2nd, 2006, 6:30 am

Thanks guys! Your suggestions are of great help. I am still hanging tight on the MF-wagon.
-- Momma
31, 5'6".
2FeelGood
Trusted Member

Postby Nova » October 2nd, 2006, 10:02 pm

I find I'm hungriest in the morning, so I try to space my meals a little closer together then. Every 2-2.5 hours. Then in the afternoon and evening, I can go 3 hours, sometimes 3.5 if dinner is running late. I'll also throw in a snack if it's an hour until I can eat and I'm truly hungry, and I've already had a glass of water. That's my first reaction now when I get hungry, is to drink a glass of water and see if that helps.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 2FeelGood » October 4th, 2006, 6:59 am

Thanks Nova. I am following the suggestions you gave me...feeling much better.
-- Momma
31, 5'6".
2FeelGood
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room