I need help...Starting Again

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I need help...Starting Again

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2007, 3:04 pm

I need advice, I am starting again.... I have a very hard time on the first day .... Do ok until around 2, then go downhill....Start again ......and happens again.

I have lost 45 pounds with medifast, but can seen to overcome the hunger of the first days. Any advice, things i can do....
Thanks in advance.
I am planning to start again tomorrow
Waiting for answers

Postby Jan » January 14th, 2007, 3:15 pm

I also had this problem. I am a 3:00 snacker. What really helped me was saving my bar until 3:00 .. and then drinking lots and lots of hot tea. It filled me up and I wasn't climbing thru the cupboards ( Yup I've done that) Once you establish a new habit .. it will take a couple of weeks .. then this problem will be not soo much of a concern.. Also it helps to find things to do .. which require you to use your hands.. That makes it more difficult to stuff things into your mouth!! :mrgreen:
You'll make it ... I did
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » January 14th, 2007, 5:43 pm

I have been off plan for over a month and could not get back on plan for the life of me. I could not get one day behind me because the carb withdrawl was just unbearable for me. I did it by eating 6 MF meals AND 2 large protein only meals FOR THREE DAYS. I was able to get pass the carb withdrawal. This is my 3rd day for being on the regular plan now.

My days looked like this....

MF
MF
MF plus protein
MF
MF plus protein
MF

I was so mad and determined but I think the extra protein worked. I had ground round patties and steak and chicken and plenty of it for those meals. I did not add any vegetables.

Good luck with getting back on plan. Hope this helps someone.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » January 15th, 2007, 7:32 am

Hi there, I just really wanted to encourage you to come here everyday and talk to us until you are feeling a little bit stronger. The first few days are very difficult for some. It is much easier if you feel like you have some support to help you through it. There is no magic way to get through it, you just have to make your mind up to do it. I know that sounds very easy when in fact it is not that simple. We are here for you, we have all been there and understand how you feel.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 15th, 2007, 8:16 am

I have shared this before, but in the very beginning when I thought I was really hungry and it was not time for a supplement I would go stand in front of the faucet in the kitchen. I would drink a whole glass of water. Then another, right after. I would not leave that spot untiil I got those 16 ounces down. I was definitely less hungry afterwards.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 15th, 2007, 11:51 am

Welcome and good luck. There was good advice here - we can do it!!

Thanks Biki for the water reminder - and thank you Elizabeth for the protein idea. I have to remember that what gets me back on plan is the right thing to do, even if it's not exact at first. I'm trying like heck to get through 1 single day on plan right now and I may use your advice and have an extra amount of protein tonight so that I don't order garbage.

This forum is terrific - tons of people willing to help, and we will do it all together!!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby WhoDey » January 15th, 2007, 8:19 pm

I know I struggled at first myself. My first go round with MF was in September and I lasted a couple of days then BLAM outta control. On October 1st I just determined that I WAS going to do it and the first 3-4 days were really tough but I stuck with it, drinking the water, eating at the right time, etc. Now it is almost like second nature and those feelings...for the most part...are gone.

I think the first week or so IS the hardest, the craving for food is so strong and even now a commercial comes on showing some sort of lovely looking food and I have to turn the channel BUT overcoming the ADDICTION to food is an ongoing thing I will have to deal with for the rest of my life. It truly is an addiction and I think that is the biggest struggle, at least for me.

Good luck and stick with it! I keep an online private journal and I give myself regular pep talks (and yes, sometimes a swift kick in the rear) there because I am determined to GET THIS DONE this time. I will be dealing with this for the rest of my life, the least I can do is deal with it while being much thinner! :lol:
~Amy~
Start Date: October 1, 2006

WhoDey
Regular Member - #70 Club

Return to Come on in.