I need face goop help!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Karli » July 7th, 2006, 11:19 am

wildtrk wrote:
Karli wrote:*doesn't get the big girl panties thing* :oops:

Probably not a bad thing...but if you read enough threads...some where along the way you will see a reference about big girl panties. While I find it to be a highly sexist remark :D I accept the fact the the men are in the minority here and that our tighty whitey's aren't on the same playing level as the BGP's.

hee heee... LOL... tighty whiteys... :roflmao: that just tickles :roflmao:. Okay, so I am feeling easily amused. Well, the thing is, I have seen it referenced in a number of places, I just can't seem to find the source, so I never know for sure what is actually happening.

But, thanks for helping me out a little and making me laugh. :mrgreen:

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby TheShadow » July 7th, 2006, 11:38 am

"BGP's" are what you need to wear to get the job done. Sort of like rolling up your sleeves, taking a deep breath and forging ahead with a gleam in your eye and steel in your backbone. When you feel beat up, you just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and hitch up those BGP's and try again!
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Karli » July 7th, 2006, 3:31 pm

*quickly and quietly takes off underoos, wadds them up and strikes them with hot lightning* :lightening:

*puts BGP's on instead* :mrgreen:
Karli

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 7th, 2006, 7:08 pm

I have underoos, why didn't I think of that?

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby RyCoBlakesFolks » July 7th, 2006, 10:16 pm

DeDe

I have had both of the skin issues you mentioned and have tried various products. The ones that really work are a little pricey but better than wasted money on false promises I think. For the age spots I've used 'Murad Age Spot & Skin Lightening Gel' which runs about $55.00 per ounce retail but lasts a long time. For the dark circles under the eyes 'Hylexin' is the absolute best and runs about $95.00 per tube retail. You can usually buy these items on eBay though for a much better deal I have found rather than paying retail.

Just my 2 cents on what has worked for me. Hope this helps! (P.S. I am a philosophy girl too & just love their skin care line!)

Lori
Lori & Jerry
Started 1/29/2006

Jan. 29 - Sept. 17 (33 week losses)
Lori = 88.5 lbs. (278.5/190/160)
Jerry = 126.5 lbs. (352/225.5/210)
RyCoBlakesFolks
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » July 8th, 2006, 7:51 am

Just want to add my 2cents about buying skincare products from ebay. While it may seem like a great deal, many times these items are expired, but unless you know the code, you won't know. And you don't know where they got these products from...if they are damaged from extreme heat or cold, or whatever. Just want everyone to be aware....I know I see products on ebay that aren't available anymore and haven't been for years. There is an industry standard of at least 3 yrs on cosmetic products from the manufacturer. Some companies do have an expiration date on the product, others use a manufacturing code. So unless you contact the company and find out what their code means, you may be buying expired product.

Ok back to your regularly scheduled program.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tankie » July 9th, 2006, 1:28 am

I swear by 2 things for my skin....the most recent is Clinique Super Defense, a little goes a long way and it makes your skin feel amazing.....the second is Dove soap for sensitive skin....I've been using it for over 10 years and have no probs with breakouts and very minimal wrinkles...plus it's a bonus to get my age guessed at 22 when I'm already 30!!! :D

Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: I need face goop help!

Postby BerkshireGrl » July 9th, 2006, 4:58 am

DeDe,

For undereye circles:

Almay Wake-up Call
- yellow concealer for under eyes, dot on

Counteracts the nice blue color :mrgreen:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Joelie » July 9th, 2006, 9:18 am

Bare Escentuals user here too and LOVE IT!
I wanted to add though...the minerals are useless unless you invest in good quality brushes. I also have MUCH better coverage and use less when I put on a cream...I use Dr. Denese Daily Defense Cream SPF 30 and then top that with Smashbox foundation primer...it makes the application of the minerals go much smoother.

You can find Dr. Denese's (pronounced Denay) products on QVC and Smashbox at any Sephora store.
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2006, 1:21 pm

BTW, I was just reading about how drinking through straws (like many do with Medifast shakes) can lead to wrinkles around the mouth.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby supermom » July 9th, 2006, 1:34 pm

So can SMOKING CIGARETTES!!
supermom

Postby Ketann » July 9th, 2006, 8:05 pm

DogMa wrote:BTW, I was just reading about how drinking through straws (like many do with Medifast shakes) can lead to wrinkles around the mouth.

:? Guess I'll be throwing out my box of straws from the dollar store...
Ketann

Postby Allison Onederland » July 11th, 2006, 10:38 am

Hiya Dede...you skinny, long legged, model type! :mrgreen: Love the group pic in the studio! Wish I had those long legs!!

Anyway, back to the subject of age/sun spots etc. Tankie mentioned Clarins. You might want to check in to Clarins' Bright Plus line of skin care. In addition to cleansers, moisturizers, sun screens etc. they also have a spot treatment. It is a long skinny tube with a roller ball type applicator that allows you to target problem areas. I've been using it for a couple of months and the age spots on my hands are almost gone! I also use it on a dark spot on my face and it has gotten dramatically lighter.

I've been using Clarins skin care since I was 38 (10 years) and swear by it. I'm close to 50 and don't have any wrinkles! I'm sure part of it is genetics but a lot of it is due to good skin care and using sun block every day...even in the winter.

If you want to look at some of the products online go to www dot gloss dot com. If you are interested I recommend going to a department store like Dillards and talking with a sales person to find out what are the best products for you.

I've been toying with the idea of trying Bare Escentuals makeup. After seeing how many of you use it I think I'm gonna give it a try! :thumbup:
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'