Need decorating help!!!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Janae » July 27th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Sharon-
You're welcome to come now....but...you'll probably be given a paint brush or a hammer to use...no R & R until we get done!!! But...then we will all party! My husband wiill be so ready...he has done much of the work on this house himself and it has been a long process...we started planning over two years ago- when we were "courting". At one point, we were going to wait to get married until the house was finished...Good thing we didn't! :lol:

And- Shadow....thanks for your input on colors...I very much agree. I know several people who have white woodwork and different color walls in each room of the house; the only unifying factor being the trim. It works for them- but, not my favorite. We have chosen several colors that all work together and they are used in different combinations in different areas throughout the house. Or at least they WILL be...when we get the painting finished!

We, too like the contrast of one bold or dark wall in a room. We're doing that in several different places.

I am not sure how to post a picture...have only done my avatar so far. But, I will post a pic of the waterfall when I figure it out.

J
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Janae » July 29th, 2006, 8:31 am

Here is a picture of the waterfall ust outside my living room window....(if I can get this to Unca correctly)-

This is after a big rain...it does not always run this heavy! But- it's great when it does. I love the sound of it.

Thanks for looking!...and thanks in advance for your help Unca Tim!

Janae
Janae

Postby SharonR » July 29th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Janae, I CANNOT believe that is in your backyard. Your joking right? It's gorgeous! I didn't know people could have such beauty in their backyard. You would laugh if you saw mine! :shock:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Janae » July 29th, 2006, 2:28 pm

It is really beautiful...especially when it is full like this pic. We are excited to get the house finished so we can concentrate on some landscaping...my DH has lots of ideas about how to make the whole area...sort of "park-like"...still keeping the natural beauty, of course!

And...I understand what back yard can mean "in town". Have lived there most of my life. And since our marriage, we have lived in an apartment...our back yard is a little 12 X 12 slab of concrete! Nice for the grill....not for much else!

When you come and visit us we will have to hang on to Desiree!!! Waterfall + toddler= Caution!!!! :|

Janae
Janae

Postby SharonR » July 29th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Cute Signature Janae! Can I copy that? ;)

What do you mean we will have to hold onto Desiree. I thought you would be in the house "babysitting" while I was out enjoying your backyard? hehe...teasing.

Have you always lived in AK?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Janae » July 29th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Sure you can copy the sig...I kind of got the idea from Beach Baby....so...copy away! I figure my ticker won't be moving anyway, so...

And...I have only lived here since my marriage...about 20 months ago.

And I will be more than happy to sit with Desiree inside. But...she may want to go outside, too! She is a California girl, you know...."rays" and all that!!! :lol:

Janae
Janae

Postby sidrah » July 30th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Colors sound good, light olive-y greens and light purples- color of my bathroom. And what a view from the backyard, huh! Pretty.
You will certainly have plenty to keep you busy for a long time.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Janae » July 30th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Teresa...thanks for your comments and your help! As we are working with several shades of green...I see the words of your first post here about your affinity for Olive/Sage green! I guess that spoke to me! Also, I thought it would be a nice complement to all the green outside. We have two different windows that are each twelve feet wide to let the green show through from outside!

Anyway... appreciate your words.... Now, the big thing...getting the paint on the walls!! :D
Janae

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'