Need chicken recipes, please!

Add your favorite recipes.

Need chicken recipes, please!

Postby Heifzilla » January 27th, 2006, 6:20 pm

I am looking for some recipes for chicken breasts. I can tell I am going to get seriously sick of them if I don't get some new and interesting recipes that are on the safe list.

I have looked through the posts but don't see any that particularly jumps out at me so I figured I'd ask those of you that have been doing this for ages.

Any recipes appreciated :) Thanks!
241/234.5/155

Heifzilla

Chicken Breasts

Postby Jan » January 27th, 2006, 6:24 pm

Hi there,
Try spicing them up. Walden Farms makes some marinades. I also Bar-b-que mine and Walden Farms make a legal bar-b-que sauce. Lots of time I make a salad and add spicy chicken to it. You can stir fry chicken breast cut in pieces with veggies too. I'm certain there are lots of other ideas out there. We'll just wait for more terrific ideas :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » January 27th, 2006, 8:27 pm

One of my favorites (as well as the family's) is:

Spray pam in fry pan. Place chicken tenders, along with sliced, fresh mushrooms, onions, and a variety of spices (your choice) and fry. When it's just about done, I put a couple splashes of worcheshire sauce in it to moisten them up a bit.

It's great!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » January 28th, 2006, 12:07 pm

I'm a big fan of marinades, too. I use a sugar-free teriyaki sauce, or the Walden Farms salad dressings and marinades, or some low-carb, low-fat dressings (I just used a lime and basil last week that was tasty). Or there are some good dry spice rubs out there with no sugar or carbs. Or this week I marinated them in salsa and some taco seasoning.

Then I usually just grill them on my Foreman-type grill. Or on a real grill if I'm feeling ambitious.

I think if you do a search, you'll find several threads with chicken ideas.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SueInSLO » January 28th, 2006, 12:58 pm

I am a Get Sauced Spicey Marinade addict!!!!!
:bib:

I marinade all my chicken in it. In fact I buy boneless skinless chicken breasts in bulk, come home and wash it and split it up in bags with the marinade for freezing! Did I say I'm addicted?? :-P

I love BBQ sauce and I know I'll use to much if I allow myself to have it, so I use the marinade. We BBQ our chicken 99% of the time, but it's good in stir fry too.

That's one other option. :chef:

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sidrah » January 29th, 2006, 4:19 pm

I like to make chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce. I just steam the brocolli and some onions in the microwave. On the stove, I cube up chicken and brown it up with some oil and Molly McButter. Then, I add in crushed red pepper, garlic paste, whatever spices I can find, some soy sauce, and some chilli paste. I do add Splenda cause it tastes better. Then, I just mix the vegetables up with the chicken adn heat it through all together. If I haev asian marinade (Carb Options has a good one), I add that in until it thickens and makes a sticky sauce. You don't miss the rice. I have made it with shrimp and pork, too. I have done it with steak, also, but I add in peppers. It isn't bad with tilapia either.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » March 9th, 2006, 1:20 pm

DogMa wrote:I'm a big fan of marinades, too. I use a sugar-free teriyaki sauce, or the Walden Farms salad dressings and marinades, or some low-carb, low-fat dressings (I just used a lime and basil last week that was tasty). Or there are some good dry spice rubs out there with no sugar or carbs. Or this week I marinated them in salsa and some taco seasoning.

Then I usually just grill them on my Foreman-type grill. Or on a real grill if I'm feeling ambitious.

I think if you do a search, you'll find several threads with chicken ideas.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I have a question. When cooking chicken on the George Foreman, how do you avoid losing all of the sauce? I usually only marinate for an hour or so when I use a regular grill...should I do it for longer?
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » March 9th, 2006, 3:55 pm

I usually marinate all day, if I remember to (pop 'em in a Zip-loc bag with the marinade in the morning and leave 'em in the fridge till dinner). Especially with some of the lighter marinades. Or if I've forgotten, I go with a rub instead.

I try to go with strong flavors, too, especially if I don't have time to marinate so long. My current favorite is a sugar-free, low-fat lemon rosemary marinade I found.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ascicles » March 10th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Thanks for the info.
ascicles