Nanner puddin' fixer upper??

Add your favorite recipes.

Nanner puddin' fixer upper??

Postby Wannabe » February 3rd, 2006, 12:38 pm

Ok, I read all the rave reviews about the bananner puddin so I ordered some. I don't care too much for the taste. It tastes too artificial and it has a strange metallic after taste or something. I made it plain the first time, added Splenda the second time, and Splenda plus banana extract the third time. Nothing helps. :cry: Does anyone have any nifty ideas for making the nanner puddin taste good?

Thanks,
Allison
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Loribug » February 3rd, 2006, 1:11 pm

add sweetened condensed milk and nilla wafers. just kidding, Idon't like the banana pudding either. :roll:
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 3rd, 2006, 1:16 pm

:roflmao: Lori, I was about to jump through the PC and tackle you until I saw the "just kidding" HAHAHA!!!! Toooo funny!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Wannabe » February 3rd, 2006, 2:48 pm

Hmph! You'd think Walden Farms could come up with a sugar free, fat free, carb free version of sweetened condensed milk! :x ;)

Good one Loribug! :bow: :lol:
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Dayna » February 3rd, 2006, 2:53 pm

It might be that you just don't like it, and that's okay! I came to the conclusion early on that with so many meal options that I DO like, there was no reason to force myself to eat things that I don't. There's no "force it down because it's good for you" on this program. Well, unless you don't like salad/vegetables - we have to get our servings of those! If you don't like it and would rather eat something else, see if someone will trade you for the remaining packets. Lots of trading going on in the ol' Swap-N-Shop section of the forum!

- Dayna

PS I do add some sugar-free chocolate syrup (Davinci), makes a chocolate-banana flavor I really enjoy. But that's just me. ;)
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 3rd, 2006, 3:48 pm

Wannabe wrote:Hmph! You'd think Walden Farms could come up with a sugar free, fat free, carb free version of sweetened condensed milk! :x ;)

I just got an order from walden farms...they sent a flier with it....they have CALORIE FREE MARSHMALLOW DIP!!!!! I am gonna HAVE to try that in my hot chocolate!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » February 3rd, 2006, 4:02 pm

Ooh, I had some of that marshmallow stuff and didn't care for it.

As for the pudding, I hated both puddings initially and now I love 'em. Tastes definitely change on this plan. I make the nanner pudding with either some toasted marshmallow or macadamia nut DaVinci's, and I LOVE it. I think it's because I haven't had a REAL banana in so long. I also sometimes mix the banana and chocolate together, and then split the full batch in half.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Dayna » February 3rd, 2006, 4:15 pm

DogMa wrote:I also sometimes mix the banana and chocolate together, and then split the full batch in half.

Mmmmm! Good idea!

*Dayna runs off to the kitchen to mix puddings together for later*
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby DogMa » February 3rd, 2006, 6:12 pm

Dayna, I've done that with the shakes, too. I like banana OK, but I like it a whole lot once you add chocolate!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Wannabe » February 3rd, 2006, 6:29 pm

Wow! I never thought about mixing the banana with chocolate! Silly me! I did notice a suggestion on the box for mixing with chocolate extract but have been unable to find any. I think I have one chocolate pudding left so I'll try mixing it with the banana tomorow. :thumbup:

A while ago I decided to try making the nanner puddin again and this time I put more splenda and a dash of strawberry extract. Either my taste buds have changed their minds or the extra splenda did the trick because it tasted pretty darn good! Well, the little bit I licked off the whisk tasted good. ;) I've got it chillin in the fridge for later tonight. :D

Dogma, thanks for the marshmallow/macadamia nut suggestion also!! I'm gonna have to get some...sounds yummy!!
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby sidrah » February 4th, 2006, 11:52 am

I have the marshmallow dip and I have never liked marshmallow really, but I am not a bif fan of the WF marshmallow. I use it on occassion on top of the jello or with some WF choc. syrup, but I have to say it is nothing special.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Ashes » February 5th, 2006, 7:25 am

I put pumpkin spice and splenda in it... takes the banana flavor right out and tastes like pumpkin pie... I eat it all the time!

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Wannabe » February 5th, 2006, 1:31 pm

Thanks for the tip Ashley! I had my hubby get some pumpkin pie spice at the store today and have already made some pudding for later! I'm not sure how much spice I added...just kept adding and tasting till it was just right. I do know it looks like brown spicy mustard now :lol: but tastes yummy!

I also tried mixing the nanner and chocloate pudding together and I give it :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm so thankful to all of you for the great tips! My new shipment didn't arrive yesterday and I'm down to nanner puddin, chai latte and orange shakes :| I sure hope that brown truck comes down my street tomorrow!!!
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

BANANA PUDDING

Postby BettinaV » September 5th, 2006, 8:28 pm

I do not care for pudding at all so I was not happy about getting it in my box BUT I did take the suggestion today to make a shake out of the pudding. I used chocolate pudding, ice and banana extract. It was really good. So I am going to use the banana pudding, ice and then add some coconut or chocolate extract. I like just about all of the MF products but I think the only way I can do the pudding is to turn it into a thick creamy shake.
BettinaV

Postby VictoriousNat » September 5th, 2006, 9:13 pm

MusicalMomma wrote::roflmao: Lori, I was about to jump through the PC and tackle you until I saw the "just kidding" HAHAHA!!!! Toooo funny!!

Me too. :lol: I was like condensed milk???? Have I died and gone to heaven?
In Jamaica Nestle sells condensed milk in little packets just like splenda or sweetn'low. :shock: Sigh
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine