Nancy will be away off and on this week Sept. 19-23...

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Nancy will be away off and on this week Sept. 19-23...

Postby Nancy » September 19th, 2005, 11:03 pm

Hi there MakeMeThinner Forum Family ~

My 80 year young Momma had knee replacement surgery today in Portland, Oregon. She had to be there at 6:15 AM. Her doctor said the surgery went very well and that she will have a considerable amount of pain for a while.

After she came to in the recovery room and went to her room, daddy smooched her a few times and then went home for a little nap. Since he has macular degeneration, he no longer drives at night. I picked up my Daddy about 6 PM and drove him out for more visiting.

Mom is groggy but was happy to get a dish of frozen yogurt and two Caramel Nut bars as a night time snack!

No, I did NOT have one little licky of it! My tongue tried to dart out and get the little curly top off her yogurt but I kept it in my cheek and prevented random acts of flabdom from reoccurring...

I will most likely be on the highway doing the 42 mile hospital run many times this week and next so in my absence, again I request that you take care of one another, especially the newbies and those who are struggling. If you have something really pressing, email me directly at Nancy @ MakeMeThinner dot com (with no spaces in there!) and I will try to answer ASAP via my ipaq.

Ta ta for now – shake on, Kids!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » September 20th, 2005, 8:19 am

Tell your mom we are hoping for a nice recovery and not too much harsh rehab! :exercise: My dear sweet, loving husband tore his ACL ligament in his knee exactly ONE WEEK before we were set to take off on a Hawaii vacation of a lifetime (thank God for travel insurance!) 2 surgeries and lots of rehab (on his part), almost a year later we took that DREAM vacation! (that was back in 2000!) Oh and he TORE it playing FLAG football and was heavily tackled in a FLAG game! :twisted:

Anyway, hope she is doing well, and what a good daughter you are to be there for both parents! Travel safe!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » September 20th, 2005, 8:32 am

Dear Sheila ~

Oh, my! Your Sweet One sure did a number on his knee, all right! A whole year to recover? And he is young! Did you take his flags away so he can't do THAT again? I hope that Hawaii was all you hoped it to be when you finally got there.

My parental units are wonderful people! Always so positive, they love one another very much and have been an excellent example to my brother and me of what a marriage is all about.

Hope that you and your bionic-kneed hubby can take another wonderful trip when you reach your goal weight!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » September 20th, 2005, 9:37 pm

NANCY--

Have added you and your family to my prayer list..Please be careful while traveling to and from the hospital.. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you.. see you when you get back..we are gonna miss ya..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 20th, 2005, 11:22 pm

Thanks, Little Darlin' ~

I see that you made it to 190...Oh, wow!

We are waiting for you to wave BUH BYE to those 90's and I am rolling out the red carpet for your grand entrance into the 180's - isn't that awesome?

My Momma is sacked out tonight - she was in a lot of pain last night and this morning as she kept forgetting to push the button on the pain medicine pump to self-administer pain med so the nurses took off the pain pump and gave her pills. It didn't seem to take the edge off at all so they gave her a shot and she is rather coo-coo loo-coo now…She is totally in LaLa Land and thought she had been kidnapped.

How is your Mother doing? Was the nerve snippage surgery she had helpful?

Oh how I wish we could all come and help you out – the MakeMeThinner Forum Folks could help you get your yard cleared up pretty fast!

You have been through an extraordinary ordeal – any one thing would have been enough – eye surgery, your daily dealings with your other, Katrina and all it entails, cooking for a troupe of folks, etc. You are an amazing woman!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mommy2girls » September 21st, 2005, 7:22 am

Nancy, yes, Hawaii was absolutely fabulous. We had a last "fling" so to speak before having children and it was wonderful. We are getting set to have a 10-year anniversary trip next summer and it will be the first time since 2000 that we will take a trip without our children (who at the time we go will be 5.5 and 4!) So we are very much looking forward to that trip (probably to Mexico this time, but defintiely lots of beaching, swimming and lots of other fun things...we are not restful vacation people, but get up and get out and DO something...Hawaii was kayaking, hiking, horseback riding, snorkeling, and lots of fun activities.)

Anyway, I really hope your mom is able to get the pain under control. It is hard to deal with the immediate pain and again the rehab will be more pain involved. My DH's two surgeries were one to reattach the ligament, but then he had to go back at about 6 months and clean out scar tissue that had formed, causing him more pain. It was most definitely a long recovery and we certainly don't want to go through it again. (He has not played flag football since, I don't think... :shock:) Your parents sound so sweet and I will continue to think of you mom as she goes through this hard time.

I loved your description of your tongue trying to dart out and lick the ice cream :lol: ...random acts of flabbage, that is ONE to file away mentally and use as necessary!

Keep us posted, and still keep traveling safe!
Sheila

Mommy2girls

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2005, 8:21 am

Thank you, Sheila.

I’m confident Mom will be bipping about soon – she is highly motivated and rather active for her age and very sharp – she is a hoot. She recently shortened some slacks for Daddy and as a joke; she basted the leg holes closed so when he tried them on, his foot wouldn’t come out the ankle place! Isn’t she a riot? :roflmao:

You are so close to your goal weight. You will want to carefully follow the transition guide in your Quick Start booklet to be sure to properly add back regular foods to your daily meal plan. I'd suggest adding them back over a period of 4-6 weeks and then gradually increase your caloric level and exercise over the next months.

:whistle: You will look and feel great for your Mexico Anniversary trip and be able to truly enjoy all that beaching and swimming with confidence as you walk the beaches in your thinniness.
:cateye:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mommy2girls » September 23rd, 2005, 1:09 pm

:point: Gosh that is a HOOT about your dad's pants. If we can't laugh and have fun, what is left? I bet your dad has a good sense of humor too, or she probably wouldn't have done that. :devious:

How much longer is she supposed to be in the hospital and is she already trying to play pranks on the nurses? :goofy:

All the same, I really hope she is doing well and staying as comfortable as possible right now!
Sheila

Mommy2girls

Postby Nancy » September 24th, 2005, 10:37 pm

Thank you, Hunny for asking! My Momma got moved from the hospital to a convelescent care facility yesterday afternoon. :lol: I have been hauling Daddy over to see her twice a day. It's been a tight squeeze to get his walker in the back of my car and his big cast and leg into my Vee Dub Beetle Bug!

Today she was a bit better and rather :shock: bright-eyed and anxious to come home.

Before she will be released she must be able to walk to the BR and around the hallway. For the last couple of years she has not been able to walk much more than 50-100 feet.

I am a bit concerned as most knee replacement people I've visited before had one of those automatic knee flexors on their leg and Mom's only had it twice since her surgery.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » September 25th, 2005, 9:48 pm

NANCY--

I am so glad your mom is better and will be up and around soon. that's GREAT news.. We have a P.T. Cruiser so I know all about the walkers and wheel chairs fitting in snuggly :mrgreen: I know you will be thrilled to see her walk more than 50 ft too. I will continue to pray for all of you..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 25th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Thank you, Little Darlin' I appreciate that - there are many who are standing in the need of prayer right now. You, too! ;)

Imagine how strong Martha is - hauling her Momma and her paraphernalia in and out of her Cruiser...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to A Message from your Hosts