MommaRusk

1 Thread per registered User.

MommaRusk

Postby MommaRusk » January 21st, 2007, 8:02 pm

So I am finishing my 3rd day of a re-start X 20... I have a pattern of making it to day 2 and then telling myself ..."oh what's one more day." Only "one more day" has turned into several months and 30 more lbs added to my body... So it's time to start being accountable.....

I started Medifast about this time last year. I was amazed that I lost 30lbs in the first month. It was the 1st time I actually believed I could shed my fat suit. I still feel that way. I know that Medifast is going to be my vehicle for success...but I also know that the answer lies in ending this cycle of emotional eating. I lost 60 lbs last year and then gained and lost and gained and lost 30 lbs over and over again throughout the year. What a humiliating and sad experience. However I have learned more about myself..I can feel the triggers now.. usually stress..which lead me to the fridge.. I've always heard about the triggers.. but now I can actually feel and be aware when it's happening..so that's progress. Now I need to learn to stop myself when it's happening.

I have several reasons for making it to goal.. The most important reason is because I have a 4 almost 5 year old daughter who I am scared to death will carry on this nightmere into her own life... I have to prevent that by being a stronger woman, stopping this cycle, and becoming a better rolemodel for her. I will never forgive myself if I pass this on to her.

I will also be turning 30 in October. I am looking forward to my 30's..I know a lot of people mourn when they say goodbye to their 20's.. I am going to PARTY when I say goodbye..lol I feel like 30 is a new chapter in my life.. and I want to close the fat, miserable, addicted to food, hermit chapter of my life forever. Of course I need to start this new chapter healthy, strong, and in charge of my life. Soooo..it's time to get busy...get committed...and dig the true me out of all of this ugliness.

I started last year at 260. I started this year at 230. Today I am down to 223. My goal is 140....So here we go.. :drive:
MommaRusk
Newbie - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 21st, 2007, 10:04 pm

Hey Momma,
:wave:

Plenty of "Zonies" to keep you company here....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby MerryMary » January 21st, 2007, 10:35 pm

Hi there Momma!
Welcome aboard ... it's always nice to see another committed person joining the team. :) We will do this together!
:goteam:

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 22nd, 2007, 9:23 am

Welcome aboard. I was in the same situation. One thing I did when I restarted 2 1/2 weeks ago was make sure you come on this board everyday. It really helps me to see that if other people can do it I can do it. :D
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 22nd, 2007, 4:21 pm

Hi Momma Rusk!

Yay, another Arizonian! Good to meet you! I also gained back last year after getting very near my goal. I've been working very hard on my emotional eating and boredom issues, and I KNOW I'm going to make it this time.

You have the added benefit of wanting to be a role model for your wee one! Having someone to do it for is fantastic, but also make sure you do it for YOU! YOU deserve to be happy, healthy and live a long and fantastic life!

I agree! This forum is so great for cheering us up, reporting our victories, getting ideas, commiserating with people who are in the same boat, and getting inspired. Coming here every day has helped me stay on track more than I can say!

Glad you're back here shakin' with us! Let's shake it 'til it's gone...TOGETHER!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » January 22nd, 2007, 7:10 pm

Hi Momma Rusk,

I can't really add too much to what the others have already said. Accountability and support are vital to success. That's why this forum is so wonderful. Where else can you meet a bunch of people (that you've never really met) who all struggle with the same things you struggle with and who will support you in every way possible.

We are here for you and each other. Together with determination and motivation, we can do this.

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 23rd, 2007, 4:52 am

I am so glad you are here!!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

hi

Postby pinkbugs471 » January 23rd, 2007, 5:15 am

Nice to meet you.! :D

This is the best place to be. The support that is found here can help all of us to our ultimate goal... being thinner, and being healthy. You are a very smart woman to see that you need to set a good example for your daughter. If my mom had, I would not be overweight. On the other hand if it were not for Medifast, I would not have met all these wonderful people.

Welcome to the family.!!

:cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471

Hiya

Postby dede4wd » January 23rd, 2007, 11:56 am

How's day 5 going?

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby MommaRusk » January 24th, 2007, 10:08 am

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! It's such a great feeling to have so much support. :D

Today is Day 6. I'm happy to report the scale is down to 219..so 11 lbs down for a total of 41 lost in my journey with Medifast so far. Things are going. I struggle everyday with wanting to cheat, but I just keep reminding myself that it would be temporary satisfaction..so far that's working. I successfully avoided pizza that my family had for dinner the other night, and the chips and salsa that seemed to be yelling for me at the grocery store last night. yeah for me! I know it will get easier as I contiune losing the weight. ;)
MommaRusk
Newbie - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 24th, 2007, 3:09 pm

GREAT job avoiding the screaming food! I still hear it too, but I try to equate it to the kid you hear at the grocery store screaming that he's going to DIE if he doesn't get cupcakes, something to kind of laugh at and ignore. My inner voice (which I equate to a 5 year old spoiled child) start screaming every time it sees a Taco Bell or KFC commercial, and I just think to myself...I'm not giving up this size for any of that crap and I'm not giving in to the screaming child in my head!

You're doing SO great!
dede4wd

Postby MommaRusk » November 4th, 2007, 11:04 pm

Hello....again....

Wellllll It's been close to a year I believe since my last post...I am now 30....and I am 3 lbs away from the heaviest weight I have ever been... It's been a year full of constant drama....I'll spare you the details..but needless to say food has been my crutch through it all and as the scale shows.. a lot of drama = a lot of food. Here I am starting tomorrow at 257.2lbs... :shock:

I have gone back and forth for at least a month now as far as what method I should use to shed this weight once and for all... and I finally realized I NEED medifast right now.. For one.. I need to get this weight off quickly and I know Medifast will do that for me. But I also need to just stop thinking about food..and the old fashioned cut calories and workout method would have me constantly thinking about food..planning my meals..measuring my food.. food food food... Right now I just need to give my body what it needs to be healthy and be done with it.. Everyone keeps saying I'm crazy to start this right before the holidays.. I think it's crazy not to. If I wait until January 1st I will only be putting on more and more pounds. I know how depressed I am now.. I can't imagine how depressed I would be even heavier!

I have cried..I have been angry...and even with all the extra padding I have felt myself hit rock bottom.. and now I am just tired of being tired....and I really feel I'm ready to make it work this time.

I have been a lurker on the boards all year..and I have to say Biki's journey has really been an inspiration to me.. as have many others.. Thank you guys for being so open and honest and giving the rest of us hope.

Here's to day 1 and to creating my own success story.. Wish me luck!!
MommaRusk
Newbie - #40 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 5th, 2007, 6:34 am

Best of luck!! You can do it - - set goals, be mndfl of them, work them and stick to them and you'll get it done!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » November 5th, 2007, 7:53 am

I do wish you luck in restarting.......it isn't an easy thing to do. My only suggestion is that if you are struggling to stick to program until ketosis hits, make sure you grab something higher in protein and low in carbs....help your body get into ketosis if you eat off program in the first 3 or 4 days. I'm not a health advisor and I don't know if they would disagree with me -- so listen to them and not me if they say 'ignore Tawanda!' LOL, but grabbing a boiled egg or some chicken breast, turkey meat when you want to eat off program may assist you in getting back on program.

Keep writing in your journal and we'll encourage you on your way.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Unca_Tim » November 5th, 2007, 10:15 am

MommaRusk wrote:a lot of drama = a lot of food.

Welcome back Momma,
For some reason I can't seem to find that equation in any of my books.
Is there some alternative you can substitute for food when things hectic?

Keep us posted....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Next

Return to My Journal