Missykalo

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby GucciGoo » April 5th, 2007, 12:50 pm

missykalo wrote:Here I am again with my head hanging in shame for going off program yet again. I really need to get to the bottom of why I have been doing good for a few days - then right when I start to feel good and my clothes get a little loose I screw up yet again.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. That is the story of my life.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » April 6th, 2007, 9:09 pm

missykalo wrote:Here I am again with my head hanging in shame for going off program yet again. I really need to get to the bottom of why I have been doing good for a few days - then right when I start to feel good and my clothes get a little loose I screw up yet again.

Don't be ashamed Missy. That's why we're here. We are all going through our struggles, and we are all not perfect.. Well I take that back, all except Serendipity and Lauren :mrgreen: .. they are our role models. All we can do is get right back up and go another day.

Nancy posted a wonderful note on my journal a few days ago. If you you haven't read it yet, go ahead and read it now. It may give you some insight, as it did for me. Since I started MF back in August of '06, for the second time, I did not deviate from the plan until just recently. Two things I figured out why I'm having such a hard time now.

1. I am an emotional eater, and my triggers are anything that gets me angry, sad or feeling out of control.

2. I set a goal for myself to reach 120 pounds or a size 4 jeans. I reached the size 4 and then relaxed. I felt I was finished and didn't set another goal for myself. That's where I got into trouble and thought that I could eat whatever I wanted.

I'm not sure if your situation is like mine, but maybe it will spark something that could give you your answer. In the meanwhile, keep your head up and keep shakin, and know that you are not alone! :mrgreen:

Sorry for the the long post! :|
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 7th, 2007, 4:40 am

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:

2. I set a goal for myself to reach 120 pounds or a size 4 jeans. I reached the size 4 and then relaxed. I felt I was finished and didn't set another goal for myself. That's where I got into trouble and thought that I could eat whatever I wanted.

:|

People's bodies are so different. I used to puke 7 times a day and I still didn't wear size 4 jeans. I used to have a couple of size 4 skirts when I was healthy and weighed 117 pounds but never pants.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 9th, 2007, 10:37 am

Ditto to everything Kanani said (except I will never be a size 4). You are definitely not alone. Each and everyone of us understands the struggles you face. Does that make it easier? Maybe......I'm not sure. What I do know is that when I am feeling frustrated or low.....or I feel like throwing in the towel, I just come back here and read all the reasons I have for losing the weight. Seeing the success of others on this board has been a huge motivation for me. I keep telling myself.....if they can do it......so can I. Some days I doubt myself (like lately)......but most days I keep telling myself.......JUST DO IT!

YOu can do it too, MIssy. Set your mind to staying compliant and when you feel weak.....come here and read or write posts........whatever it takes to stay on plan.

Chin up! It's a new day. :D

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 12th, 2007, 4:41 am

Hey, hope you are having a great day! Just checking in on you! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby missykalo » April 16th, 2007, 6:37 am

I have been so busy lately I feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions. I was off plan for a few days, but have clawed my way back yet again. Yesterday was 100% on plan. One day down, now I just have to repeat again today. I know that this is almost all in my head and just have to make up my mind not to give in.

Its extra hard this week because DH is on vacation from work and he doesn't exactly help with my efforts. His idea of spending time together is going out to some fast food place and eating - then going home. :?
missykalo
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby JonnaD » April 16th, 2007, 7:06 am

DH - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em - at least that's what mine tells me :lol:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to My Journal