miserable

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

miserable

Postby Alison » April 28th, 2004, 11:59 pm

Well, I went to the dreaded bookclub that I missed last month (because I had just started MF) They put a empty plate in front of me and a glass of wine. I just ignored it which is hard to do with 6 people. Fine that wasn't the nightmare part. They for some reason started to talk about eating disorders and how all these actresses are anorexic and are size 4 and never eat. They then say they each eat at least 2500 cals a day. All thes woman are not an ounce over 120 and that's the tall ones. They were saying that just because they are normal weight they feel outcast. I felt sick. These woman are skinny and that's not me being overly sensitive. They talked about how one felt she was fat then another would say no your tiny. I was sitting there ill!! Did they not see me!! I don't know what to do. These are the wives of the men my husband works with. I can't go back there!! I felt like they were pissed at me for missing the last bookclub and 1 other gathering that I missed because it was going to a food festival. Honestly they ate more at that bookclub than any other I have been to in the past. I think I am going crazy. I just want never see them again. I felt so ill tonight that I couldn't have eaten even if I wasn't mfing.
I am just so sad right now.
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Leigh » April 30th, 2004, 9:29 am

Hey Alison,

I'm so sorry that you are feeling bad.

Sometimes, people are cruel, and sometimes they don't even mean to be cruel, they just say things without thinking.

I've always been the type of person in the past that tried to make others happy. I was always worried about doing what everyone else thought I should do, and not what would make me happy. Over time this really took a toll on me, and I had to stop doing that. My advice would be, don't go back. You don't have to, and if they get mad, then let them get mad. A book club should be fun, not something that makes you feel miserable. I don't think you're going crazy, I just think you had a really bad night.

I hope you are already feeling better this morning and if I could I would give you a big (((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))
Hang in there,
Leigh
Start date: 3/29/04

220/194/Goal weight ??
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss