MerryMary

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mickeyz » September 5th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Mickeyz wrote:

I have been doing a "back fat watch". Whenever I am out and about I look at women that look ordinary weight or even slim and it is amazing how many of them have that little roll under the bra band on their back, or even a little bit of muffin top.

I know you can wear a cammie or something to hide it, but I would rather not have to do that. Probably exercise and toning are the only solution.

MerryMary wrote:
I highly recommend it! I've been doing pilates and toning exercises since a month into the program. My weight loss has been slower than some (2.5# /wk) but very consistent and my "fat rolls" have disappeared. Even my massage therapist has noted my lean and toned condition. MF/TSFL encourages weight loss AND exercise for optimal health and they are right on!

So MM, what are you doing for exercise? I walk everyday up and down hills but haven't started any other exercise. I used to be allergic to exercise ;) but my allergy seems to be going away. :lol:
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MerryMary » September 5th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Mickeyz wrote: So MM, what are you doing for exercise? I walk everyday up and down hills but haven't started any other exercise. I used to be allergic to exercise ;) but my allergy seems to be going away. :lol:

I was allergic to exercise too :lol: I'm sure it had a lot to do with my limitations as an obese person. :lol: Now I look forward to my workouts! I use free weights for toning and strength training alternated with pilates using tapes/DVDs at home. 30 min/day about 3-4 times a week. Doesn't seem like much but it's very effective. I'm planning on adding some cardio after I reach goal.
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby holberry » September 6th, 2007, 7:28 am

morning merry merry :D

yep, you loosing those icky rolls is an extremely strong testament for burning it up>
You have got to be so proud of yourself! :heart:
h
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » September 7th, 2007, 11:37 am

Hi MerryMary - I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am trying to catch up on reading everybody's journals but its not easy. And I still love your name - it just always puts a bounce in my typing.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonnaS » September 12th, 2007, 7:00 am

Hi Mary and thanks for the advice in my journal. I'm better now and back on the saddle again, even exercising. I've decided that if I don't think I can handle a situation I need to go with that feeling and not put myself into it, even if some family members don't like my decisions. I'm in this for the long haul even if it's slower than I want it to be at times.

Congratulations on your size 8's. Wow! I can't believe, in a years time, you have gone from a 24 to an 8. If that isn't inspiration I don't know what is. When I started Medifast I kept telling myself, "just wait till next summer," and I had forgotten all about that until I read your journal about the size 24s (I started out in 22's).

Thanks again for stopping by!

Love and laughter,
Donna
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MerryMary » September 12th, 2007, 6:36 pm

DonnaS wrote:Hi Mary and thanks for the advice in my journal. I'm better now and back on the saddle again, even exercising. I've decided that if I don't think I can handle a situation I need to go with that feeling and not put myself into it, even if some family members don't like my decisions. I'm in this for the long haul even if it's slower than I want it to be at times.

Congratulations on your size 8's. Wow! I can't believe, in a years time, you have gone from a 24 to an 8. If that isn't inspiration I don't know what is. When I started Medifast I kept telling myself, "just wait till next summer," and I had forgotten all about that until I read your journal about the size 24s (I started out in 22's).

Thanks for your affirming words ... it's very kind of you! :) Wearing small sizes is really fun. My thinny thin daughter has trimmed down to a size 6 so she is giving me her size 8 hand-me-downs. That's a first!! :lol:

You are right in doing what you feel comfortable doing. Family members and friends don't always understand what we go through ... and you may see your relationships change during this process because of that. I never leave the house without water and several meals--just in case. In fact, I was at an afternoon wedding last Saturday equipped with my sustenance. Good thing too! After the wedding ceremony everyone was invited to a reception in the church hall. There was NOTHING compatible with our plan so I enjoyed a RTD! I have to admit the groom's cake looked decadent--chocolate cake, fudge frosting and topped with chocolate covered strawberries! :tongue: I took a piece for my son-in-law who thoroughly enjoyed it!

I'm glad you are in for the long haul ... I made the same commitment when I started MF last November. It's certainly paid off. Goal is just around the corner...and when I get home I'm sure I will officially recieve that little :star: in my profile! :yay: But what's been possible for me is also possible for you ... hang in there, you are doing fantastic! :hi5:
MARY
MerryMary

Postby MerryMary » September 14th, 2007, 7:30 am

When I began my training in Psycho-social services I learned the value of self-care for personal health and wholeness. Today's "Support In Motion" Tip of the Day puts it very succinctly!

Support In Motion
September 14, 2007

Self Does Not Mean Selfish

Taking time for yourself - to exercise, to plan healthy meals, or to just unwind - is not selfish. Think about the instructions that flight attendants give when oxygen masks are needed on an airplane: First put on your own mask, then assist your children and others around you with their masks. If you do not make your own health and self-care a priority, then you will not have the physical or emotional stamina to care for family and friends, do your job, or just be present enough to enjoy your life. Taking time each day to take care of yourself will ultimately add years to your life. Be willing to set boundaries, say no to people or activities that drain you, and let go of the guilt.
MARY
MerryMary

Postby holberry » September 18th, 2007, 7:01 am

excuse me!!!\
I missed the 100pound celebration somewhere!
Good grief girlie, let's shout this out, BIG Time for the BIG loss!
wowo :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball:
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DonnaS » September 18th, 2007, 7:30 am

MerryMary wrote:Self Does Not Mean Selfish

Taking time for yourself - to exercise, to plan healthy meals, or to just unwind - is not selfish. Think about the instructions that flight attendants give when oxygen masks are needed on an airplane: First put on your own mask, then assist your children and others around you with their masks. If you do not make your own health and self-care a priority, then you will not have the physical or emotional stamina to care for family and friends, do your job, or just be present enough to enjoy your life. Taking time each day to take care of yourself will ultimately add years to your life. Be willing to set boundaries, say no to people or activities that drain you, and let go of the guilt.[/b]

Thanks Mary, that's a good one.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MerryMary » September 18th, 2007, 10:00 am

DonnaS wrote:
MerryMary wrote:Self Does Not Mean Selfish

Taking time for yourself - to exercise, to plan healthy meals, or to just unwind - is not selfish. Think about the instructions that flight attendants give when oxygen masks are needed on an airplane: First put on your own mask, then assist your children and others around you with their masks. If you do not make your own health and self-care a priority, then you will not have the physical or emotional stamina to care for family and friends, do your job, or just be present enough to enjoy your life. Taking time each day to take care of yourself will ultimately add years to your life. Be willing to set boundaries, say no to people or activities that drain you, and let go of the guilt.[/b]

Thanks Mary, that's a good one.

Thanks, Donna. Glad you liked it. :) I am really a believer in self-care and setting healthy boundaries. It's a way of living that is quite liberating!
MARY
MerryMary

Postby katesmom » September 19th, 2007, 2:07 am

Hi Merry,
Thanks for stopping by my journal with your support. Do you remember what it felt like to be obese, or do those feelings or memories fade with the weight loss?? Just wondered since I have 138 pounds left to lose . I want to feel that first real burning weight loss feeling ! I have lost 12 lbs but can't wait to finally feel it...Do you recall how much weight you had to lose to theh finally "feel" it??
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » September 19th, 2007, 2:59 am

katesmom wrote:Hi Merry,
Thanks for stopping by my journal with your support. Do you remember what it felt like to be obese, or do those feelings or memories fade with the weight loss?? Just wondered since I have 138 pounds left to lose . I want to feel that first real burning weight loss feeling ! I have lost 12 lbs but can't wait to finally feel it...Do you recall how much weight you had to lose to theh finally "feel" it??

I realize the question was directed to Mary but I'm sure she won't mind me barging in here. :mrgreen: I think at 20 pounds I really started to feel it but to also believe in the impossible-that I could really lose all the weight I wanted to. That's why journaling helps so much-you can record those feelings and read them months later! At this point, after just one cup of coffee, what I remember about being obese is feeling invisible.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 19th, 2007, 6:30 am

bikipatra wrote: I think at 20 pounds I really started to feel it but to also believe in the impossible-that I could really lose all the weight I wanted to. That's why journaling helps so much-you can record those feelings and read them months later! At this point, after just one cup of coffee, what I remember about being obese is feeling invisible.

That's pretty much when it happened for me too Biki. I remember posting in my journal that I felt visible again just shy of 20 lbs lost. That's when the real mental shift happened and I knew I could do this.
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mickeyz » September 19th, 2007, 7:51 am

Hi MM,

I haven't stopped by for awhile, I see you are doing fantastic! 100 lbs! Now THAT is impressive! Size 22 to a 6/8...even more impressive!

I am sort of a less is more kind of gal too. I love to shop (because it is actually fun now) but I don't typically buy that much. First of all I am waiting for my final size and also I have a pretty simple lifestyle.

I couldn't agree more with the whole boundaries thing. Some people think it is easy for me because I don't have kids, but I still have a life! I have to be really careful, people think that since I am currently not working AND I don't have kids, I am the the person that has all the time in the world to do extra things! This whole weight loss journey has been such an experience in learning to love myself again, which includes my personal space! You always have such great insight.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » September 19th, 2007, 8:23 am

Mickeyz wrote:I am sort of a less is more kind of gal too. I love to shop (because it is actually fun now) but I don't typically buy that much. First of all I am waiting for my final size and also I have a pretty simple lifestyle.

I am the same way. I really don't need a lot of fancy clothes. Sometimes I wear nice dresses to Mass but even on Sunday people wear shorts and look like they just climbed out of bed. I am waiting for my final size too. Even though I have spent quite a bit of money on clothes they are mostly stretchy so I can wear them when I lose more weight.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal