Menopause Manor Moments

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

Menopause Manor Moments

Postby Nancy » October 12th, 2003, 11:22 pm

Gosh, do you have those Menopause Moments? Sometimes it’s hard to know which medical writings to believe. Some docs tell us to use HRT and some say we ought to tough it out, do like our great grannies did and get used to sudden flashes of uncoolness – menopause is a natural stage of life. We are always trying to change the original packaging.

I had a total hysterectomy when I was 44 years old and have been on 1.25 mg of Premarin ever since. The latest medical journals scare mois. I don’t particularly care to increase my chances of having a heart attack or a stroke. Therefore, I have been tapering off of my HRT by using the Medifast Plus Women’s Health drinks.

It is working great – so far I’ve had minimal nighttime personal saunas. We sleep on a feather bed, under a down filled comforter and I have awakened but one time having a menopause moment since I switched from HRT to the Women’s Health drink. I have two a day – one for breakfast at 6 AM and one in the late afternoon or evening. The natural herbs black cohosh, echinacea and chaste tree berry are working fine for me.

How are others doing?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

doing fine after surgical meno

Postby new » January 14th, 2004, 8:18 am

I know that this is a really old post, but thought I would reply anyway for those who read old post. I went in for a hysto when I was 30 and came out with no ovaries also. I did take HRT for about 6 months, I did not like them and stopped. When I went for a followup after a year, I confessed to my doc that I quit on my own because of side effects, he was amazed that I was doing fine and handling the occasional hot spells. My doc said that if I were fine, then the risk of taking the HRT was worth me taking them if I did not feel I needed them.

I am post menapausal 6 years now and still doing fine with no HRT. ;)
new

Postby Nancy » January 14th, 2004, 11:36 pm

Hey there, dear guest!

Glad to know that you're doing so well WITHOUT estrogen replacement. Many would have us think that going pharmaceutical is THE way to go but Dr. Andersen and others at the helm of Medifast and Take Shape for Life are teaching us that nutritional therapy is a whole lot safer and healthier for us than taking pills! :shock:

P.S. Not to worry about this being an old post that you replied to - I think it is great that you are going through the MakeMeThinner Forum to find some info that may be of benefit to you and that you took the time to reply - we always appreciate others' perspectives as well. ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby gerimarc » July 20th, 2004, 8:56 am

I started my changes 10 years ago and refused HRT. I really suffered with it....sweating, not sleeping, 50 lb. weight gain. Anyway, the day I decided to go to the obgyn and surrendered to taking Prempro, the smallest dose they make, I also went to my internist and started Medifast.
I have to say I felt great. I took Prempro for about a week and noticed I wasn't getting the night sweats and was sleeping thru the night. I told myself...what a jerk you were...this isn't bad.
Well, its been three months....I have lost 25 pounds but I now notice that the sweating is returning...not at night but whenever I attempt to do any kind of physical work. Wierd!
I was thinking that maybe I should start using the Medifast womens formula as an addition to the PRempro before I go back and he probably puts me on a higher dose.
Anyone have any thoughts on using both?

Gerimarc
214/190/160
Started 4/04
gerimarc

Postby Nancy » July 27th, 2004, 3:42 pm

Gerimarc ~

Don'tcha just hate those Sweaty Betty Nights? I was waking up 23 - 27 times a night and was exhausted! Try the new Women's Wellbeing Menopause Relief capsules - they are to be taken once per day and have black cohosh and soy isoflavanoids. They help me and have helped others, too.

Your doctor will be your best resource as she/he will know your medical history best and should be able to tell you if you would benefit from a change in the dosage of hormones. Some women who have joint pain are helped with low doses of HRT. In clinical studies soy has been shown to help with hot flashes, night sweats and many other maladies and irritating side effects in a natural way.

Hope you are soon feeling cooler!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » July 28th, 2004, 2:40 pm

Hi sisters ;)

I am "pre-menopausal"....I am getting my period every three weeks :shock: and have WICKED PMS for the three days or so beforehand. i also have HEAVY bleeding on day two. Will the MF women's formula help??????

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » July 28th, 2004, 6:04 pm

Hey, there, Lois ~

Yikes, every 3 weeks Aunt Flo visits you?

That DOES indeedy doo sound :twisted: :twisted: :x :x

The Medifast Plus Women's Health shakes have helped a lot of our clients and have helped me personally. Terry no longer is "Garage Guy" because I am rarely very crabby or cranky.

We also have a wonderful Women's Well Being product called Menopause Relief Capsules and the Women's Well Being Menopause Relief for Comfort and Regularity is excellent.

Leopard Woman has two or three a day and she is in fine shape, lemme tell ya. The MF Plus Women's Health shakes or the Women's Well Being shakes have added potassium and some Medifiber as well, which help with sudden cravings... :shock:

If having a period every three weeks is a new thing for you and if the pain is really blechy, perhaps scheduling an appointment with your gyno would be a good idea to have a check for fibroids. Some women experience a reduction in their periods when they are dieting :cleader: Others, become more fertile because estrogen is stored in our fat and as we release flab, the estrogen floats around in our body, lookin' for love...

When I was younger and on one of my perpetual diets with a national weight loss company, my periods stopped all together. :D I was on a really low calorie diet then - for breakfast I had one Ak Mak cracker, a cup of hot water with the juice of one lemon in it; for lunch and supper I had three ounces of shrimp plus 1/2 cup of lettuce. I had one very small apple each day. I was constantly hungry. I craved food all the time. It was :twisted: horrible living like that. Some days I barely lost a quarter of a pound. I got so sick and tired of shrimp, I thought my spine was jointed and my feet had turned into velum-like flippers. I couldda killed for something chocolatey...we are SO blessed to have Dutch Chcolate shakes and Chocolate Divine Meal Bars!

Ahh...Heaven! We're in heaven with Medifast!

Drat! The periods returned when I began eating regular food and had more fat in my daily intake. Well, speaking of FAT, I started to FATTEN up a whole lot then - one of my "Duncan Days" when I was a yo-yo dieter.

That was weigh ;) before I heard about Medifast.

Medifast is the LAST weight loss program I ever went on. Wowser! THAT feels really good to be able to say that, Kids!

This is YOUR last weight loss program, too.

Soon you'll be Medifasting for weight management and disease control - I choose to Medifast now because it tastes great, is low in calories, provides Leopard Woman with excellent nutrition and keeps me looking sleek and slender. Woo Hoo! :boing:
Last edited by Nancy on August 2nd, 2004, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » August 1st, 2004, 7:28 pm

Hi Nancy,

Thanks so much for your reply. I have about a 30 day supply of MF products right now, so when I place my next order in a coupleof weeks, I'll try the women's health.

Yeah, it's a true bummer getting my period so often. I've always had a short cycle, but this is NUTS!!!!

I've never had trouble with fibroids before, but it's worth looking into...

thanks again!

XO,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 3rd, 2004, 12:44 am

Keep us posted, Lois. Hopefully things will normalize and straighten out for you.

Best of Health to you
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Women's Health