Melissa07

1 Thread per registered User.

Melissa07

Postby melissa07 » October 21st, 2007, 8:11 pm

well here i am again, back on the chat and support forums. it feels really nice! you know, i tried soo hard to get back on mymedifast, and i tried speaking to medifast "officials" and explain to them my problems with some medifasters and how rude they were being. i dont know how it happened but for some reason i ended up being the bad person, and now i finally found ANOTHER chat forum for the SAME diet. i couldnt be happier! now i get to meet new people, and start all over. i have lost 11lbs and i started august 31st and it has been almost 2 months and only 11lbs lost, and i have had my good days and my bad days. some days i stick to it, other days i bend the rules...a lot. i even gained 4lbs one time for splurging but it scared the crap out of me so i went right back on..and i lost it within 2 days...i am stuck on 186, and lately i have been dreading my shakes...those are the only medifast meals i can tolerate, I'm really picky! i feel like i have been losing my motivation, but you know what? i found this site and now i think i am ready to bring it on again!
Start date: August 31, 2007
Start Weight: 197lbs
Goal Weight: 145lbs

~*MeLiSsA*~

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4W6wOs/]
[/url]
melissa07
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 21st, 2007, 8:36 pm

Hi Melissa!
:wavie:
You want motivating??
Check out the Studio forum...
you will be thrilled and amazed!!

Oh, and don't count out the other MF meals just yet.
You may find that your taste buds change quite a lot...
most of us have had experiences where we absolutely
did NOT like something and then it became our favorite!
For me it was the oatmeal...it was just tolerable at first,
but it is scrump-diddly-icious now!
(And I say that in all seriousness ~ "scrump-diddly-icious" notwithstanding!)
;)
Anyhoooo...welcome to our wonderful community!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby katesmom » October 21st, 2007, 9:04 pm

Welcome !! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 22nd, 2007, 3:59 am

Welcome!!! :) Remember, it's not your feelings that count, it's the action. So hate the medimeals all you want but just follow the rules and get results! 5-1-water. You know you can do it.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 22nd, 2007, 5:27 am

Welcome, Melissa! You'll love it here, tons of support! Good luck getting back on the horse.
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

i hope i am doing this right

Postby melissa07 » October 22nd, 2007, 9:50 am

well i know were only aloud one thread per person so i think i am doing this right...i hope. anyway i did my first work out today with Slim in 6 and it was awesome! if you want a good work out video to follow, go to slimin6.com and they also have more work outs such as turbo jam and hip hop abs. i have all of them, trying all of them out, keeping up the variety so i dont get bored lol. so i read all of the replies about my first journal entry and i was psyched to see many of you read it! i was kind of wondering if people read the journal entries or not :-P i hated the shakes and oatmeal in the very beginning and 2 months later they are the only things i can tolerate on MF. go figure :shock: sometimes when i am not in the mood for shakes, i just gulp them down really quick. i must admit and make it clear that i follow MF completely different then many of you have. I followed it 100% in the beginning but i know i wouldnt have lasted doing that so now i moderate myself and eat certain things that arent really "legal" on the mf plan. i will admit weight loss is SO slow and i know how well Mf works if i wanted to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks i can if i really stuck to it. i know myself, and i know my patience and i know i would quit if i didnt hafve my normal foods here and there. lately i have been doin 3-4 shakes a day and for dinner, a normal decent dinner. i still lose weight like that, but maybe only 1lb per week, if that. I am not encouraging anyone to follow my route, it is hard, i get headaches a lot, but i am just so stubborn!! but please don't kill me now that i have just admitted that lol. i am actually doing an MF presentation in my human bio class to present the success you can reach when FOLLOWING the plan accordingly lol. i wont use myself as an example. i will definitely use you guys as examples lol.
anyway thats about all for now, i have class until 9 tonight, then football!!!

~*MeLiSsA*~

[/url]
melissa07

Postby melissa07 » October 22nd, 2007, 12:45 pm

BUMP

~*MeLiSsA*~

[/url]
melissa07

Postby Mike » October 22nd, 2007, 12:55 pm

Welcome Melissa. Sent a PM.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 22nd, 2007, 3:27 pm

We have a client that was having trouble kick starting her loss. When we went through her daily diet journal we discovered that she was eating peas in her lean and green. Peas are green after all right. Well they are very startchy and NOT allowed on the 5 & 1. Now that she has stopped eating peas her weight loss has really kicked in!

Is there ANY chance that you might be off plan sometimes without even knowing it? Just a thought.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby melissa07 » October 23rd, 2007, 9:32 am

october 23, 2007

today is a really exciting day! i went to my first classroom observation and it was so much fun! i observed a 4th grade class and they all loved me and i helped out, and the whole experience was so wonderful! i am about to do my slim in 6 work out now, those little kids gave me so much energy!! i have a lot of midterms this week so i might not be on as much but i will try. sunday is my weigh in. Has anyone experienced spotting (TOM) using mf?? i think it has a lot to do with my schedule because i have not been taking my birth control at the right time every day and it is really messing with my cycle. anyway, i have to go ......see ya!

melissa

~*MeLiSsA*~

[/url]
melissa07

Postby melissa07 » October 24th, 2007, 9:46 am

bump

~*MeLiSsA*~

[/url]
melissa07

Postby melissa07 » October 25th, 2007, 3:32 pm

i really wish i understood my body and emotions. i find myself always feeling bad after eating something i shouldnt have. i always think to myself "oh god am i still within 100 grams of carbs?" for instance, i was busy today and only got one shake in..wasnt hungry until dinner. dinner came, no money to go out to eat because i havent been working..school is really busy. my boyfriend and i made hamburger helper..23 carbs for one cup prepared..i probably had the most 2-3 cups. that would be 69 carbs plus my shake..thats 82 carbs. i had a scoop of ice cream. 12 grabs. thats 94 grams of carbs. today was an awful day. i have TOM and i have been craving ice cream every night, and giving in =( i am still within 100 grams of carbs. but still, am i learning anything? i can eat 15 bags of chocolate and still be within 100 carbs but am i actually learning anything? i already know how to eat healthy. i can't seam to incorporate that with myself. you can ask me anything about nutrition, tons of people say i should become a nutrtionist because i have been on so many diets. how can i be that if i am not healthy? being over weight is a terrible disease, and its addicting. trying to cut the habit of eating unhealthy foods. cmon it is ONLY food, why can't i just do it? why does food surround my whole life and over come my actions? i swear being over weight is a disorder, it is an eating disorder and that is what i believe. i have a bad addiction with food and i cannot control it. granted i am 186lbs and 20 yrs old. but as i get older, am i going to continue to gain this weight?? i am so scared to think that way. i might also be over emotional right now because of TOM visiting me. but sometimes when i am emotional, i also think clearly. i feel guilty, i feel gross, i feel bad, why did i eat those things? why cant i feel that way WHEN i am eating those foods? ugh, its hopeless. i am not giving up, i refuse to tell myself "i quit". but how many more does will this continue? will i ever be back on the 5&1 plan? doubtful =(

~*MeLiSsA*~

[/url]
melissa07

Postby rodeomom » October 25th, 2007, 3:49 pm

I could be wrong here, but I really don't think you have a handle on the way the program works.

You gotta go by the basics.... 5 MF meals and 1 lean and green. You can't subsitute this and that for a MF meal and think that since you are under the carb alotment you are going to be OK. The MF supplements are balanced on much more than carbs. The protein, vitamins, minerals, carbs, fat EVERYTHING about them is balanced to encourage and maintain ketosis.

I don't want to sound like a jerk and start beating you up, but I think you should go back to the quick start guide and start with the basics of the plan.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby 340-6-pack » October 25th, 2007, 9:47 pm

I agree with MOM she is right you do need to follow the plan and it WILL work!! The way the plan is set your body does all the work just fuel it up with 5 MF and L&G and watch the weight fly off! Stick with it! You can do it! :D
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

340-6-pack
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby melissa07 » October 26th, 2007, 4:45 pm

ok well i need all of the help i can get because i haven't done the strict 5&1 plan for over a month. which i understand this is why my weight loss is so slow but every day i am making excuses for me "oh it is only a little bread, oh well i will get back on tomorrow, oh it is okay i have TOM, well it is a special occasion and i don't eat here a lot so one day won't hurt, bla bla bla" i am so sick of my atittude towards this diet, and i can't keep heading this way. i am heading for disaster. how do i get back on the 5&1 again..i mean i am so used to normal foods again i would have to have that motivation and willpower i did the first day i started MF to do this. i know its in me somewhere but i cannot find it..tonight i was asked if i was pregnant. this is so embarrassing! i never feel guilty until AFTER i eat the foods when i am FULL but when i am hungry i don't care because i am hungry and that conquers all of my emotions. i don't listen to myself. i rambled on yesterday and today i didn't do anything to fix it. the only positive thing i am doing is working out which i started a week ago. i need to jump back on the wagon again. i know i have to or i will be really heading for the deep end.
ANY SUGGESTIONS? i need this bad....

thanks for the comment, no one sounds like a jerk, i need it!

melissa

~*MeLiSsA*~

[/url]
melissa07

Next

Return to My Journal