mel

1 Thread per registered User.

mel

Postby mel » January 14th, 2007, 12:27 am

I'm not sure how well I'll keep up with this journal, but I figured I'd start one anyway.

I'll give a brief recap of my "coming back" post.

I started Medifast in September of last year. I lost 30 pounds in about 6 weeks. Then I stopped in the weeks surrounding a surgery. I gained 15 pounds back in about 7 weeks.

Yesterday was my first day back on. I did pretty well, although I'm having some trouble getting all my water in this time. Growing up, I was never a water drinker. I'm sad to say, I've probably gone several months at a time without drinking plain water. The first time I was on Medifast, I noticed the more water I drank, the more weight I lost.

Today, day two, I woke up to TOM and BAD cramps. I was strong for most of the day, despite a serious craving for Chinese food. I ate a few Goldfish crackers, but other than that, I stayed on track pretty well.

Tomorrow is a new day, and another chance to be 100% compliant.

I do not intend to get to my ultimate goal this time. I want to have another baby this year, and I hope to get pregnant in March. I'm hoping to lose as much as possible before getting pregnant, and then maintaining a healthy lifestyle while pregnant. If I can be strong, there shouldn't be any reason I have to gain much weight during pregnancy.

I gained about 50 pounds with my last pregnancy. I was overweight to begin with, but I was completely comfortable with myself. I've got nice curves, and I like them. (I guess I should say I HAD nice curves.) Anyway, after I had my son, I dropped 25 pounds within about 10 days, which was totally unhealthy and was not my goal. I was not trying to lose weight, I simply wasn't hungry and/or didn't have the time or desire to eat. My breast milk supply suffered as a result, and I had a constant battle over the next 10 months to sustain an adequate milk supply.

After having my son, not only did I gain back the 25 pounds I had lost so quickly, but I gained an additional 15 pounds over the following 6 months or so. My son is now almost 18 months old, and I'm the same weight I was the day after I gave birth. I'm not at my highest, but I'm close enough that I'm still not quite comfortable with my body.

My goal is to lose about 40 pounds over the next 9 weeks or so, and then to keep good portion control throughout my next pregnancy. I will not make the same mistake again. After I have my next child, I will probably use Medifast in addition to a couple of Lean and Greens throughout the time I'm nursing.

I'm beginning to ramble, but if I keep this journal up, you'll realize that I'll probably do that a lot.

Good luck, my fellow Medifasters! And congrats on weight already lost.

-mel
mel
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 14th, 2007, 6:46 am

Welcome back Mel. Well your plan sounds great and I know you can do it.
keep up the good work!!! :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » January 14th, 2007, 7:31 am

Mel,
I'm so glad you started a journal. Since I'm just re-starting again too I would love to lose 40 lbs. in 9 weeks with you. That would be awesome! Even though I have more weight to lose than you do, losing the first 40 would still make me feel alot better! I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy too with my twin boys. I carried full term and gave birth to two healthy bouncing baby boys ( 7.4 lbs. and 7.6 lbs.! ). I was back to a size 4 within 4 1/2 months without doing any dieting, but I was so busy being a first time mother of two newborn babies at once with no help, so I really didn't have the time to think much about eating! So I definitely can't say I gained my weight because of having children, although alot of woman legitamately can. I gained my weight several years later from stress eating over other things. My boys are going to be 8 yrs. old in May, and I'm going to be 37 yrs. old in May, so I really want to lose the weight this time and start enjoying myself before yet ANOTHER year passes by and I'm still at the same weight or more! Looking forward to keeping each other on track. Good luck to you! :D
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » January 18th, 2007, 12:55 pm

Hiya Mel!
I just wanted to pop in and say that I love your new avatar!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Rick06PV » January 18th, 2007, 1:04 pm

Hi Mel and good luck with your plan! I'm sure you'll succeed :)
Eric, 25 yrs old
Started Medifast January 8th 2007
Rick06PV
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 18th, 2007, 2:34 pm

I wish you kids all the luck in the world losing 40 pounds in 9 weeks but I feel like a fat turtle when I read things like this. In 8 weeks I have only lost 23 pounds. I guess I just need to keep focusing on compliance and not results and congratulate the quick losers! Good for you! I guess my body is just slower.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 18th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Hey Mel,
Just wanted to check in and see how your week is progressing...hope all is well. :)
Taangrl21

Postby mel » January 18th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Everything is going well. Tomorrow is the last day of my first week back on. I haven't weiged in today, but as of yesterday, I've lost 6 pounds. I'm happy.

Fortunately, I'm not going to go crazy if I don't lose as much weight as I'd like. I'd like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight before I get pregnant again, but it's not going to be the end of the world if I don't. I'm really cute when I'm pregnant, so even if I'm still holding on to 15-20 pounds, I'll be confident. I love being pregnant. I'm not one of those women (no offense if any of you are) that complains about how fat I am while I'm carrying a baby.

I would give myself a strict goal before getting pregnant again, but we're more than ready for another baby. My son is 18 months old, and I don't want to put any more space between him and the next baby than I have to. The end of March is the earliest I'm allowed by my surgeon to get pregnant after my breast reduction in November. I hope that I have no problem getting pregnant immediately after that. Hehehe. (Not only is that the earliest I'm allowed to get pregnant, it's also the latest I can get pregnant and have the baby before the new year. I might as well squeeze it in during this tax year, you know?)

Anyway... I've been mostly compliant so far. I still need to work on my water, and I almost never get in all 5 supplements. I usually will have a snack, though. I've been super busy lately; cleaning the house, playing with my son, cleaning the house; so I think the exersize helps, too. (My dryer broke a week ago, and despite purchasing a new one the next day, I didn't get it until TODAY. Talk about a back up of laundry! [I cloth diaper my son, too! Fortunately the diapers dry pretty well from being hung, and then I could just pop them in the heat-less dryer to soften them up.... ... watch out... I'm prone to going on and on and on about diapers, seemingly oblivious to the fact that no one really cares. hehehe.])

That's about all I have for tonight. I hear the laundry calling...
mel
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 19th, 2007, 4:40 am

mel wrote:and I almost never get in all 5 supplements.

Just a little FYI for ya: Less is not better with Medifast. You can actually slow your weight loss by skipping supplements.

mel wrote:I cloth diaper my son, too!

I thought I was the last one to do that! My son is 25, but when he was a baby, I decided I would use cloth diapers, not for environmental reasons. I just thought it would be fun (fun? lol). Cloth diapering was just about obsolete even back then, but I'm so glad I did it. The little plastic pants made his butt look so cute! I was a stay at home mom, so I had the time to do the washing.....good memories. I think I only did it for 6 months or so, though......it got old, lol. Thanks for reminding me, mel.

I don't know if I would do it today, though, because the new diapers keep baby so dry.....it's hard to tell if they've gone sometimes.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 19th, 2007, 10:04 pm

How'd week 1 end up going? How's the new dryer?

Have you been getting all your supps in? Water? I put my supplements closer together if I think I might not get them all in, Jo's right, less is not more, may make you tired and lethargic and hold on to the weigh instead of replacing it.

I know what you mean about cute pregnant! There's just such a beauty, radiance and glow in pregnant women! Absolutely beautiful!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby Serendipity » January 21st, 2007, 8:23 am

dede4wd wrote:How'd week 1 end up going? How's the new dryer?

Have you been getting all your supps in? Water? I put my supplements closer together if I think I might not get them all in, Jo's right, less is not more, may make you tired and lethargic and hold on to the weigh instead of replacing it.

Not to mention a case of the hungries.

dede4wd wrote:I know what you mean about cute pregnant! There's just such a beauty, radiance and glow in pregnant women! Absolutely beautiful!

ehhem...... I won't name names, but let's just say I know first hand.....that I would not describe every pregnant woman with those words....beauty?.....radiance?.....glow? NOT! How about "Stay Puff Marshmallow Woman", "balloon ready to pop", "Sumo wrestler".........
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Taangrl21 » January 24th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Hey Mel---

Just checking in to see how you've been...drop a line when youget a chance girlie. :)
Taangrl21

Return to My Journal