meeting the neighbors

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

meeting the neighbors

Postby DivinePro » October 16th, 2004, 7:51 am

hello everyone.

I'm 22. 5'7" and 284 lbs. I wear a women's size 26. And I have not had a full-length mirror in my house for three years now. This is very hard to admit. But I think it's time I started living again.

I am waiting for my starter kit to come any day now. I am very excited about this new diet. I really am going to try hard and lose this weight once and for all!

I have been going to several doctors and was very close to having bariatric surgery. I found medifast through a google.com search and thought, why not give this one last try...

I'm pleased to meet all of you. And I am open to suggestions or encouragement.

I don't know anyone else that shares my weight problem. I figured there might be someone here who does.
DivinePro
Regular Member - #20 Club

Welcome!

Postby LongWay2go » October 16th, 2004, 11:02 am

Hello DivinePro,

Welcome to our little Medifasting family! You'll find great support here. We all share our disappointments and our victories, and celebrate our decision to follow this plan. It would be really helpful for you to read the FAQ's. There are a lot of very good common sense solutions available there that will help you tremendously. While some find that the "full fast" serves them better, others do a modified fast so they don't have to give up food entirely. Those who are losing big and fast did a full-fast, at least starting out. I've done both (modified on a previous plan) and found that full-fast is easier for me, even though I didn't think it would be. It's much easier when I don't have to worry about what I will be eating later in the day. Just gets me thinking about food!

Anyway, welcome, welcome! We're very glad to have you here.

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 16th, 2004, 11:10 am

Welcome DivinePro! :wave:

Happy to meet you! I had to laugh when I read your last sentence about you not knowing whether anyone here shares your weight problem. Are you kidding? We ALL do! AND we're not afraid to admit it. We share all our fears, tears, happiness, and cheers here! You've found the right place for people with weight issues, and there's NO nicer bunch!

What's encouraging is that you're ONLY 22, and you're gonna be learning so much about how to eat and feel better. So many of us have FINALLY decided to do it but we're twice your age! If we could all go back to 22, we'd do the smart thing like you're doing.

Let us know when you get your box! Read your Start Up Guide - it's got all the instructions. Please come back and tell us how you're doing - even once a day is welcomed! The posts here keep many of us going, and it really helps to communicate your feelings - the good, bad and the ugly.

I'm so excited for you. Wish I could get everyone who's overweight on MF! It works so well and makes you feel SO good. See you around the forum!

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DivinePro » October 19th, 2004, 4:52 am

Okay. I started today. And I was surprised at how good my first chocolate shake was. I've been on some crazy diets before that had shakes that tasted by sawdust. But that one was pretty good.

My roommate and I are both doing this diet. She needs to lose about 20 lbs. She has to lose weight quickly because she is going to Fire college in January.

Thank you all for being so nice to me. It's just so nice to meet people who are in the same boat as me.

Have a wonderful day guys.
Started 10/19/04
281/252/145
Total Lost: 29

Roommate:
206/185/165
Total Lost: 21
DivinePro

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 19th, 2004, 10:16 am

DivinePro,

Great start! I really like the chocolate shakes as do many here. Just remember to take them ON TIME and drink LOTS OF WATER!!! Welcome aboard the train to thinville to you and your roomie!

Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby explorthis » October 19th, 2004, 10:46 am

ON TIME and drink LOTS OF WATER!!!

As Camille and Gerald say, welcome aboard!

One other IMPORTANT piece of advice, as one that had many pounds to lose, take this advice: DO NOT CHEAT ONCE. If you do, it’s next to impossible to restart. Ask anyone here. It will be a little difficult at first, but once you are in the swing (3-4-5 days) I promise it gets easier. If you can survive the first week or less, you will win the battle.

No sneaking, no tasting, NADA, not even a lick! The only person that will know is you, trust me, it is not worth it.

Come here often, everyone here knows EXACTLY what you are going through, and will testify to Medifast and how it works.

It will work for you, if you let it, I promise!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DivinePro » October 20th, 2004, 2:34 pm

Thank you everyone. That was all really good advice. Especially about cheating.

You guys are so supportive!! I am soo glad I found this message board.

I am definitely having my water. I bought a second-hand water cooler from Culligan for $25 and have 5-gallon water delivered every three weeks. I highly recommend it. Delivery is free and the water is about $6/bottle. And it's ice cold! =)

My roommate works a crazy schedule so she didn't fit in all her supplements, but I sure did! I was counting down the minutes! =)

Well good luck to you all of you! And thanks again for the support.

D.P.
Started 10/19/04
281/252/145

Roommate:
206/185/165
DivinePro

Postby Nancy » October 21st, 2004, 12:06 am

Divine Pro ~

Keep up the great work. Sorry your roomie had trouble fitting in all of the shakes. Maybe you can arrange a secret telephone call at work to remind your roomie to slurp on time. It is important to not skip those meals - it results in feeling puny the next day and the hunger can catch up with ya, too.

We are really happy to have you here as part of the MakeMeThinner Forum, Divine Pro. You will inspire others who are just beginning, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DivinePro » October 22nd, 2004, 5:21 am

Hello Everyone

It is day FOUR! =)

I decided to go with the Complete Medifast diet (starting yesterday) and was surprised that I was actually less hungry.

My roommate is now getting in all of her shakes. I bought her little spill-proof juice cups and made them all for her this morning. So she is packed and prepared. If she doesn't get them all in next time, I'll have to write notes on her hands! =)

I have a question...Does anyone know how to make the Vanilla shakes taste any better??

Thank you all again for writing me back. Have a wonderful day people.

Sarah (D-Pro)
Started 10/19/04
281/252/145

Roommate:
206/185/165
DivinePro

Postby explorthis » October 22nd, 2004, 6:17 am

Hey Sara... We have a section just for "spicing" up the shakes...

Click here: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/medifast-16.html

Your bound to find something in the tons of posts...

I have 2 words for you: Dutch Chocolate

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby DivinePro » October 22nd, 2004, 8:27 am

wonderful. thank you very much, mike.

sarah
Started 10/19/04
281/252/145

Roommate:
206/185/165
DivinePro

Postby Nancy » October 22nd, 2004, 1:15 pm

Sarah...after 27 months on the product...Dutch Chocolate...chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate, nothing but chocolate when it comes to shakes...

P. S. I DO like the French Vanilla RTDs but ALWAYS prefer Dutch Chocolate, esp. for any of the mix it yourself packets...

P.S. You sure are a great roomie to mix your pal's shakes in advance: WEIGH to go!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Hello!

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » October 22nd, 2004, 1:29 pm

Hi DivinePro!
You are doing something wonderful for yourself!
Having a roomie to support one another as well as all these wonderful people here will only make it easier.
I started on 10/18/04 , so we are newbies together!
Best of Luck and remember we all share the same problems and struggles with our weight here,so we totally understand how you feel.
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 22nd, 2004, 4:23 pm

Hi D.P.

If you have a blender, use it to make your shakes adding 7-8 ice cubes. I didn't have a blender, so I just just used my Braun wand blender for a while until I invested in a Magic Bullet. I REALLY love adding a teaspoon of the Crystal Lite Raspberry Ice powder to the vanilla as well as the chocolate shakes - works blended or just shaken. Also just adding a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee crystals to the vanilla is good IMHO. Harder to find are the DaVinci Gourmet Sugarless Syrups which are really the ticket - someone found them cheapest I think on ebay. My favorite all-time vanilla shake variation is the Caramel Coffee - using Caramel Sugarless DaVinci Syrup and coffee crystals blended in a blender with ice. Oh man! Broke the mouth as we say here. I found all these recipes in the Lean Cuisine section here.

Great going!
Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby susan » October 22nd, 2004, 6:58 pm

welcome dp,
you have came to the right place just keep shaking.
susan
231/176/130
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.