medigirl

1 Thread per registered User.

medigirl

Postby medigirl » November 26th, 2008, 8:59 am

Okay, I am going to start a journal, at least try. I love all the support I see on this site. I am on day 7 of 100% compliance and am feeling great. Yesterday was a little bit of a challenge, however got through it. I have lost 4 pounds so far. Yippee!! Did MF last year beginning in November and had lost 50 lbs. by April. Got a stomach virus and ate off the plan for the first time and over the next seven months struggled and gained almost 40 lbs back. Have beat myself up about this and I am here to tell you that doesn't do any good. What does work is just committing yourself to the program and getting through the tough days and then slipping your jeans off without unbuttoning them, a victory I enjoyed yesterday. It is great to know there are others sharing this journey. Today the kids are out of school for Thanksgiving break and I know there will be some temptations, however, knowing that they are coming I will be ready to resist. While on this journey I am trying to understand where the hole in my heart exists and why I am I feel the need to fill it with food.
medigirl

Postby DogMa » November 26th, 2008, 10:56 am

Welcome! You know, someone on my other board - who lost over 100 pounds and has maintained for a couple of years now - talks about how people tell her she must have a lot of willpower. And she always responds that what she has is WANTpower. It all comes down to what you want most.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby medigirl » November 26th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Thanks DogMa, glad to be here. It does come down to WANTpower, and I want that great feeling back. Ate a bar while ago and immediately wanted another one. Just got something to drink and came to my computer and here is your welcome and uplifting words. The craving has passed, don't they all? Onward and downward!
medigirl

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 27th, 2008, 10:07 am

Welcome aboard Medigirl....wow if you situation isn't the same as mine. I too was successful in '07 losing over 50 pounds...came down with a stomach bug...ate all comfort foods...led to some other problems...and just spiraled out of control. I have been on plan for a little over 5 weeks...have lost 21 pounds....and I am going strong.

Keep up the good work!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to My Journal