Medifast Cappucino

Add your favorite recipes.

Medifast Cappucino

Postby Marseilles » April 28th, 2004, 8:03 am

Hi all!! :D

Has anyone ever tried the medifast cappucino? If not, I would STRONGLY suggest you do. It is DEVINE!! I am something of a coffee junkie, admittedly, but this stuff ROCKS! It is SOOOOO satisfying!! It has 14 grams of protein, so would it not count as a cold shake? Or am I terribly mistaken? It has whey protein and not soy protein..does that make a difference?

At any rate, I have been preparing it as follows, as I like it mixed with my regular coffee and this way I get no lumps: I mix it in my shaker with about 3 oz of COLD water so as not to get the dreaded lumps, shake-shake-shake..shake some more for good measure. I then put it in the microwave, lid off, for 10 seconds, replace lid, shake some more..repeat with baby-second intervals until it is quite warm..I then add about 3 oz of freshly brewed java to shaker and give it a stir, pour it in my big go mug and fill to the top with more of the freshly brewed java (whilst stirring) and voila..one SUPER yummalicious cappucino!

I sip this devine masterpiece alternately with a twenty oz bottle of H2O and when finished, I even sometimes go so far as to make myself another! :cheers: It is SINFULLY declicious.

I find it an absolutely welcome change from my delicious shakes as it feels like SUCH a treat.

If anyone has any knowledge of this product, please reply? I have been messing and testing with variations of the others as well, keeping a little spice in life; afterall.

As well..I see there is CHOCOLATE pudding and a new oatmeal...YUMMAH!!

Looking forward to hearing from you regulars, I see your wonderful posts and hope to become a regular part of your wonderful community! :hug:

Watching those pounds melt away with a spring in my step and a smile on my face...

-M.
:whistle:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby LadyChamp » May 21st, 2004, 9:27 pm

Not an expert, far from it as I am a noob to all this (20 days and counting) but it appears that the product (cappucino) is a supplement (just like dutch chocolate, orange pineapple, etc.) And from what I have read so far others have been mixing all kinds of things hot and cold :lol: Although "technically" it is a "cold" drink.
:lol:

LadyChamp
338/316/138-125?
:stroll:
Champ
228/257/220-210?
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

re Cappuccino

Postby Nancy » May 22nd, 2004, 11:42 am

Yep, THE Cappuccino is da bomb! :thumbup:

I like it, too. I mixed one yesterday and Terry and Unca had sips of it. T liked it so much that he whipped one up himself right after he tasted mine. The cool think about it is that it has the frothy ‘foam’ on the top – just like a real live cappuccino!

Yesterday I worked in the yard at church mowing and trimming and then came home and worked in our yard. It was chilly and it rained off and on so when I came in I was dog-tired, chilled to the bone and I definitely needed a pick me up and warm me up!

When I mixed my Cappuccino, I used 8 ounces of cool water, shook it up in my Fast Shake Jar and then I nuked it for a minute, gave it a shake and nuked again for 30 seconds. It was tasty cold and but it was absolutely divine heated.

I like your idea of mixing your Medifast Cappuccino WITH coffee because the Cappuccino is actually caffeine FREE and sometimes I just like to have that pick me up we get with caffeine but for those who want the taste of coffee and yet want to be able to go to sleep in the evening, the Cappuccino will be an ideal product for them. Isn’t Medifast great?

When soy products are heated (such as the soup, hot cocoa, and oatmeal), some of the nutrients can diminish that’s why we suggest that one has three cold shakes a day – to ensure that one consumes all the nutrients necessary for a day’s intake.

Cappuccino has 14 grams of protein; Tropical Punch and Cranberry Mango each have 15 grams of protein. These three products are SOY FREE. The Peach Pro Tea and the Raspberry Tea are SOY FREE as are the Fast Soups, Creamy Soups and Hot Cocoa.

25 grams of soy protein per day, in conjunction with a diet low in cholesterol and saturated fat may reduce the risk of heart disease. Another reason why we recommend that a person consume a couple of the Medifast shakes or products a day once they reach their goal weight is to provide their body with our high quality soy protein.

Medifast Take Shape shakes are for weight maintenance or for folks who have 15 pounds or less to lose. The Take Shape shakes have 12 grams of protein, are higher in calories – 180 calories per shake. They are lactose free and contain whey.

Medifast 55 and the Ready-To-Drinks each have 11 grams of protein; Medifast 70 has 14 grams of protein.

What???
I even sometimes go so far as to make myself another! It is SINFULLY declicious

Are you NUTZ? You have TWO? :twisted: Naughty :twisted: naughty! :twisted:

I hope you mean that you have one and then THREE hours later, you have your second one, right??? :hmmm:
Last edited by Nancy on October 23rd, 2004, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Marseilles » May 24th, 2004, 12:53 pm

Well Nancy...

I -did- say I go so far as to make another but I failed to let you all know that by the time I am done with my sipping of that and the 20oz of water it -has- been three hours. hehehe :lol:

Since having posted that though, I have gone back to my original plan of just the Medifast soy shakes. I found that after a week or so of the products with whey protien I was feeling less energetic and more droopy and tired. I find that my body is happiest when I am feeding it the SOY protein. I love how we have so many choices and are able to find what suits us best as individuals on medifast. I may still choose to treat myself occasionally and have a cappucino, but for now I am a pineapple-orange girl who drinks black coffee for the caffeine kick! :)

Cheers!!
-M.
:cleader:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » May 24th, 2004, 11:34 pm

Dear M ~

So glad ya cleared that up!

Ya know, I like the taste of the punches, the "Cappies" and the Peach or Raspberry Teas but they just don't stick with me as long as the shakes or the oatmeal. Since I do eat other foods besides just Medifast now for maintenance, I find the whey shakes are great for nutrition, or refreshment and snacks but I get hunger break through if I rely on it being solely a meal replacement. Maybe that's what you experienced, too!

Yep, I agree about loving the variety of products and Medifast is coming out with some new ones very soon! :bib: Wait 'til ya try them! It makes maintenance so much fun! :exercise:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine