Meataballa!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Meataballa!

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2004, 4:27 pm

Hey everyone,
I just had to come to the forum for a while and get myself out of the kitchen. I've been extra busy the past couple of days and haven't been reading or posting as much. Anyway, I am on day 7. Tomorrow I will post my 1st week weigh-in. As of today I have lost 8.5 pounds. For the past week I have not cooked a home cooked meal for my family just to make it easier on myself. I usually cook a homemade dinner everynight. Since it's been 7 days I wanted to cook my family dinner tonight. My husband is Italian and loves when I cook homemade Italian food. So I cooked the sauce, the meatballs (went to the butcher for the fresh meat ) whole wheat pasta, greenbeans and baked fresh bread. Well the family loved it and enjoyed themselves. After I was done serving everyone, I said to my husband," I guess I'll go have my shake now", and did! I don't know how I didn't cheat, but the important thing is that I didn't. My husband is busy clearing the table for me, so I won't be exposed to it any longer than I have to. The hard thing was making the sauce and adding the fresh herbs and spices, but not being able to keep tasting it for flavor like I usually do. I noticed my pants were getting big on me ( up until 2 1/2 yrs. ago I was a size 4. Now I'm a size 16.) I took my measurements and I've lost 1/2 in. in my breast, 2 1/2 in. in my waist and 1 in. in my hips! Well thanks everybody for listening. I think it's safe to go back in the kitchen! I just realized that I forgot to log in and don't want to have to type this over again, so it's me "star85." Keep up the great work everyone!

Kelyn

Re: Meataballa!

Postby explorthis » January 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:I am on day 7. Tomorrow I will post my 1st week weigh-in. As of today I have lost 8.5 pounds.

My husband is Italian and loves when I cook homemade Italian food. So I cooked the sauce, the meatballs (went to the butcher for the fresh meat ) whole wheat pasta, greenbeans and baked fresh bread.
I guess I'll go have my shake now", and did! I don't know how I didn't cheat, but the important thing is that I didn't.

I noticed my pants were getting big on me I took my measurements and I've lost 1/2 in. in my breast, 2 1/2 in. in my waist and 1 in. in my hips! Kelyn

Kelyn. You Stud!! You withstood one of the hugest temptations in the world. You did not eat, nor did you taste. You even went shopping for the "stuff" yourself, then had your shake. You have lost 8.5 pounds. YOU ROCK! Your losing inches and pounds, what more could you ask for? This is proof that being faithful is reason you lose.

Did someone mention Italian and breast in the same paragraph? (ducking now)

Congratulations, keep up the good work.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby star85 » January 20th, 2004, 5:34 pm

Thanks Mike! It is so good to hear from you! Of course you had me cracking up again as I was reading the end of your post ( Italian and breast ) You are too funny! Thanks for all the encouragement too. That really made me feel good. Talk to ya soon.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 21st, 2004, 12:59 am

Dang! ANOTHER bra hits the trash bin!

I went from a 44 D to a 36 C...and I'm not talkin' meatballs here... :oops:

Good for you - this is exactly how ya do it - one shake at a time. Your husband ROCKS - he will help you to get to your goal - this IS a family deal here and when he helps you by clearing the table, he helps himself to having you around a lot longer because you are going to reach a healthy weight and STAY there.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 21st, 2004, 4:41 am

Kelyn - THAT is will power! It sounds like you have really trained your brain to recognize your nutritional needs over just "food". How admirable that you still want to cook for your family and how admirable that you were able to give to them without taking anything away from yourself!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 21st, 2004, 10:05 am

Your a true inspiration! :D

Steph
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss