No means no.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

No means no.

Postby Carrie » March 8th, 2004, 9:10 am

Ok Gang,

Made it through my first weekend, and it was WAY easier than I was expecting. I'm not saying there wasn't temptation, and that's what this topic is all about. I'm frankly astonished that I resisted the temptations that happened. Not being able to resist the call to eat is what got me here, and I tried to use my 'touch and go' moments as learning experiences. We all have em, we may as well share em and learn from each other, right?

Here's what happened to me:
1. Saturday I had to run errands, and did notice all the fast food places as I drove by. I just said to myself 'Nope, that's not in the plan today'

2. Had to go to the grocery store. I made a list and stuck to it. Wasn't on the list then it wasn't in my basket. I avoided looking at the 'bad stuff'. Got in and out as fast as I could.

3. Had to go to Kmart (I hate Kmart but it's one of the only stores we have here, blast it). There's a pizza place inside the store and the SMELL was evil. I put it out of my mind, and got in and out as fast as I could.

4. I skipped my standing Saturday lunch date. Better to not go than go when I wasn't sure if I could resist or not. You know what? My friend didn't mind.

5. Got invited out to dinner. Said that I had 'just eaten', and took a raincheck. The same friend came over later with a bag of McD's for himself. (I hadn't told anyone but mom and dad that I'm dieting. For that moment it needed to be a secret). He ate his supper, offered me fries and his sandwich, to which I just said 'No, thanks, not hungry'. And it really didn't bother me.

6. Was invited to a quick lunch Sunday. Since I had previously declined my friend twice now, I accepted and told him I would be happy to go with, but wasn't hungry. He asked if I wasn't feeling well and I said 'No just trying to diet.' He said 'oh, ok.' Problem soved, case closed. I went and had a large glass of water, and it really didn't bother me to see the food.

7. I got upset at someone Sunday evening, and that was my toughest time. I thought about food, thought that it would console me. And then I put the lid on that evil voice and told myself that it was ok to be upset, I had a right to be upset, and food was not part of the solution. The whole thing only took me a couple minutes to resolve.

Honestly, I don't know know what the heck is going on. Why can I all of a sudden say 'No means no'??? Trust me, it's not a complaint! I did not feel deprived all weekend, I felt only mild hunger around meal times. I just can't for the life of me figure out why I can say no, when 9 days ago I was on a wild binge. This is one gift horse I am NOT gonna look in the mouth and appreciate it for every moment it lasts.

I know there will be stronger temptation down the road, but hopefully each little triumph makes a bigger battle easier to win.

How did youalls weekend go? Did you sail through? Or have a tough time? As Dr. Frasier Crane says, "i'm listening". hee hee
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 8th, 2004, 10:40 am

Carrie,

Way to go :!: :D

I did not have nearly as successful a weekend as you did. But I am back with it and moving forward. You are on your way. Now your next battle wont seem so big either I'll bet.

Keep going you are moving forward with Medifast!
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby elle4nelly » March 8th, 2004, 10:41 am

YOU DIDN'T OVERCOME A " LITTLE BATTLE" !!!!!!!!!!!
YOU SLAYED THE DEMONS DOWN!!!!!!!
And if you were able to do so early in this diet..then the path will not be more torturous down the line! You are wonderful! What you did this weekend was TO keep your dream alive! YOU chose what you wanted most over what you might have wanted NOW!!!

Stand UP and Applaud your self.....Let's have an "encore"!! 'cause it looks like you're not coming off this train en route to Thinville USA! glad you didn't take a stop in Burger-ville and ended up in CRY-ville!

Keep them shaking.....each day is a step closer to our dream!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » March 8th, 2004, 12:05 pm

Carrie ~

You are a true winner at the losing game!

You did all the right things and now that you have one success in your back pocket, you and others will be able to be successful the next time similar events occur. And there WILL be similar events.

Isn't it encouraging to know that if Carrie made it, we can, too?

Carrie's success is your success, too.

Weigh to go! :exercise:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Carrie » March 8th, 2004, 12:53 pm

Thanks Guys!

This forum is so great. It really provides needed encouragement and hope! I stay on almost all day at work, just to keep my mind in the right place.

I was just sitting here thinking that I can't wait for the first time someone says 'hey aren't you losing weight?'

:shades:
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » March 9th, 2004, 7:33 pm

Carrie ~

People will soon begin to notice. It takes people take a while to notice that there is something different about you and then they have to figure out what's going on. Usually it takes about a 30-35 pound loss before people truly notice. At first they think you have changed your hairstyle! It will come....
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room