Marge

1 Thread per registered User.

Marge

Postby marge » January 16th, 2008, 4:39 pm

Another beginning......we Irish don't stay down for too long we come up fighting...
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Postby marge » January 16th, 2008, 4:59 pm

This year started out so great...I had lost weight, was working out 7 days a week and was looking forward to celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary with 3 days in New York and then in my home country of ireland...Where we had planned a large 40th wedding anniversary party for friends and lots of relatives In Ireland.

During the first week home in Ireland my left leg collasped and I was in the worst pain I have ever experienced. for those of you who have not known my past..I have had 4 hip replacements over the past 15 years...I am 65 years old and was very healthy and athletic...did a lot of walking and biking tours....I had one bad hip replacement 6 years ago that put an end to a lot of the wonderful active things my husband and I used to do....they put a bad prosthesis in me and I had to have it removed and replaced within a year. Came out with infection and nerve damage and a very bad limp.

Anyhow getting back to my recent fall in May in Ireland. It was the bad leg...

Turns out I had a fracture at the base of my stem....I was in the hospital for 2 weeks in Ireland and then in a nursing home in Ireland for 6 weeks.

I had to go to my party in a wheelchair and highly drugged with pain meds....

I tried to make the most of it as I usually do......

We have a beauitful apartment in Ireland on the water so it was not too bad as far as the view. I was able to return to my apartment when I could use crutches because we have 10 steps up to our apartment.

My hubby continued to workout and walk everyday and stayed very fit. I was not able to do anything,,,

He cooked a lot and it was great but I ate....and ate and drank vino

and of course put on about 60 pounds by the time I returned to the USA.

Upon my return at the and of august I had to travel to connecticut for my young Nephews funeral...He died of a heart attack at 40...We just went to his wedding last year. He and his wife were about to adopt a baby for christmas....so very sad.

during all this time my closest and longest friend I have had in this country just passed away from the advanced stages of colon cancer. Her funeral was this past monday,,,,

I am very down at the moment and am seeing a counselor but they dont talk at all.

Medifast I hope I can do the diet again,,,I will need a lot of support and prayer.

We return to Ireland via New York again early May until Oct.

I would love to shed some of this horrible weight before I go back to Ireland...

This is a realy great idea with the journal...

until we meet again journal..nighty night
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 17th, 2008, 9:03 am

Just thought I'd bump this up some so you'll find it more easily, Marge. Re: your question in the other post, just hit "post reply" here anytime you want to post in your journal.

Seems like you've been through quite a time. My sympathies on the loss of your nephew and your friend. We're all here for you, but I'm glad you're seeing a counselor, as well.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby marge » January 17th, 2008, 9:19 am

thanks sweetie so very much..

marge
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 17th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Welcome back Marge. Good to have you here, and we hope that with the support of all here you will be successful.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » January 17th, 2008, 2:03 pm

I answered your other question in the other thread, but since it got moved, I'll put it here, too, just in case.

As far as advisers ... I'm not sure. You might call Nancy and just ask her who she would suggest as a good fit. Just tell her you need someone who really has some time to spend. I'm sure she'll know someone who's not so busy and can keep in closer contact.

Have you talked much to Lizabette, too? She's not on as much as she used to be now that she's in maintenance, but she's also been through quite a bit lately, with the loss of her brother. Sojourner, too. Quite a few folks here can relate to your emotional struggles and they'd all be more than happy to help, I'm guessing.

Hang in there. I know how big a struggle it is when you've been through so much (I pretty much LIVED in the McDonald's drive-through when my mom died) but you showed a lot of strength by taking this first step.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » January 17th, 2008, 4:24 pm

WELCOME Marge, i'm Chynna. I am soooo sorry for all that you've been through:+( You are in my prayers, and i will be praying that in the midst of it all the "healing" process be instrumental in helping you to get through this difficult time and to be a source of comfort to you in the coming days.

I am glad you're here with us:+)

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 17th, 2008, 11:45 pm

Hi Marge,
Welcome to Journaling! It sounds like you've been through so much! Wow!

But...this is our year, let's do this together!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MerryMary » January 27th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Hi Marge,
I was just catching up on things here and read your journal. I'm delighted you have chosed to MF again and to join the forum.

Sorry the year has been full of such pain and sorrow. Please, know that you have my prayerful support.

Blessings,
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby marge » January 27th, 2008, 7:22 pm

thanks so very much for your kind support...It is an up and down game for me right now...One day at a time thing...I do MF most of the day and then one evening meal....
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Return to My Journal