Madonna

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Madonna

Postby Lauren » July 14th, 2006, 6:45 am

This is especially for Arklahoma...I am going to the Madonna concert on Tuesday night! Have you seen her in this tour?

I kind of feel bad, because I am not at all a die-hard Madonna fan - I totally appreciate her entertainment value and LOVE her old stuff, but not really a fan of much of the new dance music. BUt I have a frient (friend/client) who really wanted to go, so we're doing it!

The downfall is that Madonna has decided to not have any air conditioning at her shows as it hurts her vocal cords - a joke because let's get real, we don't love Madonna for her singing chops - but I digress. It should be a hot time!

Cheers!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby supermom » July 14th, 2006, 7:49 am

I am so jealous!! Have fun. I saw her in Dallas during the Blonde Ambition Tour in 1990. It was AWESOME entertainment!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » July 14th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Wow. No A/C and all those people in that setting. Have fun and don't sit near anyone who sweats!

I've never heard that before about the air. Seems kinda nervy, but I guess people keep going, so she gets away with it.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 15th, 2006, 7:15 am

Lauren ~ I am so envious of your Madonna adventure. I have not seen her in this tour but I did see her in Detroit for her Drowned World Tour. We were living in Oklahoma at the time so it was a pretty expensive endeavor. I had to pay scalper prices, but I had 10th row center and I could actually see her face as she sang. It was the most exciting experience of my life (I'm not exaggerating) and I actually cried as she came up from under the stage in her first song.

Personally, I love her voice as much as her antics. She was just starting out when I was in high school and I quickly felt a connection with her and her music. To me, she is the epitome of intellect, humor, entertainment, and independence. My parents always raised me to take care of myself and to not have to depend on anyone else, so I can easily connect with her life story and climb to the top.

Interesting that she doesn't want A/C; however, she is Madonna and can do whatever she wants. She sells out every venue within minutes and people are willing to spend tons to see her. Heck, I guess I'll have to admit it. I spent $1000 per seat for her Detroit show and that was after months of trying to find something. Her Las Vegas and New York shows were selling aftermarket for over $5000 per seat (and they sold out).

Hope you enjoy the show. My husband is definitely NOT a Madonna fan and was more than a little ticked out how much we paid to see her, but he thought the show was excellent. He said she was quite the entertainer.

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to What's Shakin'