Made it through a day and a half

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Blunt-Truth

Postby explorthis » October 16th, 2003, 7:00 am

Nancy wrote:
I quoted you, and added my comments in BLUE to help!

I think that you are very honest about your self appraisal and also very practical when you say that you are FAT, FAT, FAT. I am assuming then that your goal is to NOT be FAT, FAT, FAT? Right?! Correct. My goal is ultimately to be fir for life. You asked why we wanted to lose weight, this was my blunt answer.

Typically people are able to reach their goal IF
1) the goal is simply stated;
2) the goal is a measurable goal; and
3) the goal is realistic or attainable.

Mike, you did state your goal in a ROUND about way (pun intended): to be UNfat. :D

--->FAT is to a certain degree measurable - Man, I just HATE that about fat - everybody instantly knows if you are fat or if you are not fat! It is certainly realistic and very healthful to be UNfat but what will you use as your measuring stick for reaching your goal? Do you have a particular weight that you are going for? When I was on OPTIFAST 15+ years ago, I reached 220 or 225 (brain fades me) and I felt like I was perfect, some felt I was too thin, some felt I was still in need of some loss. I am a very large man, both in height, and bone structure. I do not know my goal as of yet, though I am looking at 220+/- again and will see where I go from there.

--->Dear dear Cyber Buddy hunching over your computer in you Hugely Baggy clothing, I want you to know that I do not disagree with you in any way Now I know this. I read your message back, and assumed that because I was so vocally honest, that you were not pleased with my direct comments. This is however a moderated-informational-board for us to provide our views, honest, blunt, or passive. I choose the blatant truth, as most will not admit to actually wanting, but am afraid to say (no one on this board included)

--->Yes, there are some fat folks that have some diseases, thyroid disorders, medical conditions or medications that cause them to retain fluids or to gain weight but the majority of overweight people are over weight because they have an overactive fork! We cognitively know we are fat we just don't know HOW to get unfit. I take total responsibility for my fatness. I believe that is exactly what you are saying, too. Am I right? YES! I ha(d)ve an overactive fork, and a drive-thru obsession (not literally) where I ate-ate-ate until I was sick. But I blame no one but myself. Not one pound of my weight was based on an excuse, just my own fault.

--->For some people, our self-talk can become self-defeating. Women are good at denigrating themselves. Agree. I am married; I know this to be true. I additionally have 2 daughters and am fully aware that self-defeat is an easy accomplishment for Women (and some men). However this again, is a "fair?" board, impartial to brutal truth, or beating around the bush honesty, based on YOUR OWN opinion. Correct?

--->I am not cured. I must carefully monitor my weight and my food intake every single day of my life. This is the truest statement a "now thin" person could ever say. I expect to fully be on a diet for the rest of my life. Diet is a big word, but I know I will have to monitor myself forever to not lose what I have lost!!

--->Yes, the commercials and print ads SHOULD say results ARE typical with the Medifast weight management program. But they do not, because brutal honesty is not a "proper thing" in our culture, though maybe it should be? Lets say you want a beer, most men like getting buzzed, what if there were a beer that brutally told you on the commercial/ad hey guys, buy this brand X and get a real buzz…. Would it become a fast seller? Or are we too honest, If McD's or BK said on their commercials, hey now, fat folks, be cautious, this burger contains 9,000 calories, and 5,000 grams of bad fat, would it sell?

--->I lost 112 pounds in 7 months and 130 pounds total in 9 months. I lost the additional 18 pounds while transitioning from weight loss mode to weight and management mode! Yessiree, Mike - Medifast Weight Management works! Nothing warms my heart more than hearing this sort of success story, because I am FAT! I know reading support words from you and others help tremendously.

--->I experienced more than 47 pounds in 16 weeks and so did my husband - that makes us ABOVE average, Mike! Hah! So far, Little Darlin', you, too are ABOVE average! Moi?

--->If people consistently follow the weight loss program, they WILL consistently lose their weight and the results WILL be typical weight losses using the Medifast Weight Management Program, too. Then advertise it. Why are Jenny and Slimfast so popular? Why is that Stacker II such a hit? It's the voice that speaks. Brutal honesty. Honesty in their case might be slower than people realize. Ask 100 people to name 3 different diet programs off the top of their noggins, bet 1% can name Medifast.

--->I'll tell ya, what really bugs the puckies outta me is the fact that NONE of my docs ever told me about a protein-supplemented fasting program. Not ever! Well mine did, I chose not to follow their direction. Had I had some more smarts, or been MORE aware of it, I might have succeeded sooner.

--->Now you know exactly what I mean when I say, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." AMEN!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Fatness & Blechiness continued

Postby Nancy » October 17th, 2003, 10:40 pm

Hi, Kids ~

Well, I just LOVE this forum!

It is always so interesting to hear from every one and it is also rewarding to read about your success in your fight against fatness!

You are helping each other win at winnowing away the fat. Corpulence will cease! Stoutness will be stopped! Portliness will be in the past! Thin will be in! We need each other! I NEED you, too. Yessirree Bob-a-roo, I am no longer flabulous but fabulous but it is a daily choice for me to stay this way. I am in it for LIFE. NO more going back to Egypt for mois. Being accountable to you and to the people that come to our support groups to meet me in person or to hear me speak - my People, you help me to keep on choosing the healthy way. You keep me keepin’ on.

I find it fascinating to hear how many of you think the shakes taste gross. When I first started using Medifast - FYI, I started on July 16th, 2002, I was on the full fast - five shakes a day. I was fat and poor. I had NO idea how we would be able to afford this as both my husband and I started it together. We did not order anything other than the shakes. We found out after the first two weeks that we saved $, we saved a LOT of $ by using Medifast. Our monthly grocery bill plus eating out had been a lot more than what we were spending for Medifast.

I had tried other soy shakes from the so-called health food stores. Blech! Now THOSE health food store shakes are very, very bad! When we got our first order of Medifast shakes, I didn’t know if I would be able to drink them initially. I read the directions on the box about how to mix them, I used cold water from the tap or cold water from our refrigerator but they just were not cold enough. I did not try adding ice initially. Once I did, that made a BIG difference to my taste buds. They like those shakes icy cold. But do you know what? In spite of the fact that my shakes did not taste like a DQ Snicker Blizzard nor were they brain-freezers like a Wendy’s Frosty, I managed to swallow my shakes and I actually lost weight in the first two days – Folks, I would have been willing to eat cat doo if it would have helped me to lose weight. I weighed 258 pounds. I was morbidly obese. I was gonna die young!

If you’ve read my newsletters, then you know that I have tried ALL kinds of weight loss products. I had “Rainbow Pills” and some concoction made from Horse Wee Wee – now let me tell ya, Folks, Horse Wee Wee REALLY is gnarly stuff. Talk about something that tastes BLECHY! Ellen, a lava shake or a shudder shake is NUTHIN’ compared to Horse Wee Wee!

Once you make it through the first week, once you realize that you ARE losing weight, that you ARE feeling better, your blood sugar is normalized, you stop having night sweats, your joints start feelin’ happier and your heart is pumping at a decent rate, you’ll think these shakes taste awesome!

Gosh, I just say, “over the lips, over the gums, look out, Stomach, here it comes!” and I drink my convenient health-and-weight-maintaining shake and I am thankful and grateful for every drop of it. I think our shakes taste heavenly! Really, truly pock-a-dooly! I say, Quit crabbin’, start grabbin’ [your shaker jar] and slurp those shakes!

Mix ‘em in the blender with crushed ice. See my September Newsletter for “how to” mix ‘em suggestions.

Add extracts – vanilla, root beer, peppermint, almond, etc. Use diet pop INSTEAD of water (Ellen, diet pop is used IN PLACE of H2O, not in addition to water! It eliminates the lava flows!) Use a tablespoon or two of the SUGAR free Davinci Gourmet syrups (these are used to make flavored coffees) – I really like the peanut butter flavor! Be creative and share with us just be sure to use SUGAR FREE products, do NOT add juice or milk,

After a while, you’ll grow to love the shakes the way I do because of the way they make you feel and look. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

BTW, Mike – here’s the genealogical line on Unca Tim. My husband’s name is Terry. His one and only brother (my brother-in-law) is Tim. Terry and I have one kid – aka “our favorite daughter” Becky Jean. As a little girl she referred to her Daddy’s brother as Unca Tim. Thus, Unca Tim’s moniker has stuck with him all these years and the shortened version is merely ‘Unca.’ Everything you never wanted to know about my fam, eh?

By the by, Mike, I’m sure you’ve already figured this one out on your own: I have my own lingo. You are doing well to figure it out. After all these years, Terry is still in the dark!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Donna

Postby Donna501 » October 18th, 2003, 1:56 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Donna. I started this diet on Oct 11. One week ago today. 7.5lbs slimmer today. Ellen I love that idea of the lava shake. I am gonna have to try that. I have been trying to figure out new ways to mix the shakes. Everyone laughs at me at work when I mix my shakes in the shaker cup. The all break out and start singing "shake, shake, shake, shake your boody" I work with 17 ladies in one room. We are police dispatchers. Trust me, nothing is kept to yourself in that room. I have heard every diet in the world. You name it, someone has been on it. Guess what. We are all fat, so something aint working. And if someone can come up with a big mac flavored shake, ohhhhhhhhhh I can just dream of it now. I have been doing 3 shakes 1 oatmeal at night (dinner time) and a fast soup with crackers or a cream soup with crackers. One night i did eat lettuce salad. I was ok, but felt I got hungry too fast. If anyone has any great ideas on how to mix these shakes or how we can come up with a mcdonalds line of shakes, let me know.. I will invest :lol: Talk to you later
Donna501
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Ellen » October 18th, 2003, 9:02 pm

Nancy -- Thanks for all the tips. I'm surviving over here in shake land. I've grown to tolerate the shakes pretty well. I think it must be something in the powder that doesn't agree with me taste-wise because the Ready to Drink shakes are wonderful with no after-taste at all.

As for Horse wee-wee. I don't think so. No thank-you!

I've ordered some of the Davinci sugar free syrups and they are on their way to me by pony express... Old sick ponies with high heel shoes.... Actually they're supposed to be delivered early this coming week which is only two weeks from when I ordered them, but it just feels like forever. Regardless, I'll keep shaking and drinking because I'm going to be thin. Period the end.

Glad to hear that you're doing so well Donna. But you know, now I'm going to have that "booty" song in my head every time I mix a shake!!! :lol: :lol:

Just wanted to take a quick moment and thank Nancy, and Mike and Unca and all you guys for all the support! You guys are great!
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 22nd, 2003, 10:14 am

Hi All,

Just finishing up experimenting with a Big Mac shake. It's not bad til I add the bun to the blender. Kinda messes up the consistancy. Oh well, don't hold your breathes on me patenting it anytime soon.... :cry:

What flavors of syrup you getting Ellen? I'll post some recipes for them.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Shake your boody.... :wink:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Weight Loss