lupus

Questions/Comments about Joint Health Products.

lupus

Postby josephine » October 22nd, 2005, 1:31 pm

i just started this program last monday, found it by chance on the internet. i have systemic lupus and take meds for joint pain & inflammation in addition to supplements like msm, glucosamine, omega 3 fatty acid pills (like fish oil). i want to make sure this is a good idea for someone with sle. as long as my doc says its okay? i can't imagine why it wouldn't be. any advice is appreciated. thank you. :? :-P
josephine

Postby dlr2424 » October 23rd, 2005, 2:28 pm

Josephine...... :D ......welcome to you.... :yes: .....I sure hope this plan is okay for you because it is an excellant one!!!!!...........sorry to learn you have lupus..... :( ......life can be challenging at times.............I haven't the answer you may need but when our precious Nancy comes back tomorrow from convention she may be just the one that can help...... :mrgreen: .....and i'm sure some others are knowledgeable in that area as well....... :angel: .....much success to you on this journey and many blessings for you in life ........looking forward to sharing in your victories.......... :yay: .....

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Lupus

Postby Jan » October 23rd, 2005, 8:09 pm

Hi Josephine,
My advice to you would be to check it out with your Dr. and make certain the caloric limitations are ok for you. Second, we'll be interested in the amount (if any) steroid medications you may be taking. There are some limits in this area as well. I too hope that the program will be great for you because it is very very effective in parting with the extra pounds.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Autoimmune Disease

Postby Toxsiq » October 26th, 2005, 5:39 am

Hi Josephine :)

I have AOSD which is a rare autoimmune condition that is like a combination of Lupus and RA. I don't know what meds you're on but I'm on a lot and I talked to my rhuematologist and she said it's perfectly fine to do the normal medifast but not to mess with the appetite suppression one or any that have herbal stuff because you never know how such serious meds (like Methotrexate) and herbal remedies will interact. But that's my experience.

Good luck
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Postby josephine » October 30th, 2005, 2:49 pm

thanks to those that responded. i checked with my doc and its fine, he's always telling me i have to lose weight to ease the weight i'm carrying on my joints. i'm not on steroids so i should be good to go.
josephine

Checked with Doc

Postby Jan » October 30th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Hi Josephine,
It does sound like you are "good to go" We'll be watching you part with those joint "unfriendly" pounds. They will going soon. I will have to share what my daughter tells me "'mom you can't put 3 tons in a one ton truck and expect the suspension to be happy" :lol: She is right!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Joint Health