Looking 4 Ice Cream Recipes...

Add your favorite recipes.

Looking 4 Ice Cream Recipes...

Postby loriannk » April 24th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Hello All!

I read some of you use your ice cream makers to make some ice cream. Can you tell me what MF products you use and what you mix them with to make your ice cream. Now that the weather is getting nicer I was hoping for some cool "treats".

Also can you tell me the brand of ice cream maker you use. I don't have one yet but I plan on purchasing one tomorrow. I would prefer one that doesnt need salt or ice.

Thanks for any info and recipes!

Lori
:D
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Crystal » April 25th, 2006, 9:42 am

Lori~

I have a Cuisinart that does not use ice or salt. It comes with two "bowls" that you keep in the freezer until ready to use. It works really well and is easy to clean up/store.

Here's my favorite way to make ice cream so far:

1 shake packet
1 pudding packet
S/F syrup or sweetener to taste

Combine the contents of the 2 packets, 12 oz water and any S/F sweetener or syrup you want in the blender until nice and creamy. Then pour into the bowl and turn it on. About 20 minutes later you have ice cream! Remember, this makes 2 servings, so divide the ice cream in half. I eat one and freeze one for another day!

You don't have to use the pudding, but it improves the "creaminess".

I have tried the chocolate and swiss mocha shakes with chocolate pudding, and this is very good! I have also tried the strawberry with the vanilla shake (instead of pudding), not quite as creamy, but still very good!

I hope you can make it work for you! My kids like to have ice cream for dessert, and this way I don't feel so left out.
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine