"Long-timers"

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

"Long-timers"

Postby swedishgirl » May 15th, 2004, 7:37 am

Hi everyone-
I've been on the full program for 4 months and 13 days and have lost 89 pounds. I have two questions: I am going to my niece's graduation in Seattle in three weeks and want to do the modified program while I'm there. Has anyone been on the full fast and switched over mid-stream without complications? It would only be for a week. Second question: I'm estimating that I'll be at my goal weight by the first of September. Is there anyone out there who has been on the full-fast for 8 months or longer? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
swedishgirl
swedishgirl
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby RavenKat » May 15th, 2004, 9:38 am

I have no advice for your questions, I just wanted to say:

D*mn girl! Good for you! 89 pounds rocks!!!! :kool:

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Landylue » May 15th, 2004, 11:00 am

Let's bottom-line this. You've managed to stay on the full fast for over four months and have most likely achieved 50-60% of your goal, and you have now been given a wonderful opportunity (excuse) to set aside a program ("It would only be for a week") that has worked incredibley well for you up to now, and GAMBLE that eating again won't throw you off your present fasting regime altogether.

I have one question: Do you REALLY want to throw those dice? The stakes are so extraordinarily high.

You have done MORE than a remarkable job, Swedishgirl! My hat is really off to you, in fact, I am in complete AWE of you! Please think twice, though, about risking all that you have accomplished to dance on the edge of a canyon.

My dance on the edge was last fall when I went to Hawaii after a year and a half on the First Place diet. Although I still had 40lbs to go until goal, my diet regime had become a true part of my life--no way were a few days off going to hurt anything. 'It was only for a week.' Twenty-two pounds later, I grabbed ahold of Medifast to stop the alarming weight gain. Now, no way am I going to swerve off my path until I reach goal.

Next Thursday I'll be leaving for California 'for only a week' for my daughter's graduation from seminary. My Medifast powder will be the first thing I pack, and the ONLY food that will go in my mouth.

Whatever you decide to do, Swedishgirl, just be careful.

As for your other question, I know I've read somewhere that there have been individuals who stayed on the fast for over a year, but I will certainly defer to one of the health advisors to tackle that issue for you.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 18th, 2004, 7:49 pm

Hi, Darlin' ~

Personally I'm with Landy on this one. If you feel you must switch to the Five and One at this point, begin immediately with some teensy bites of LEAN chicken. Check out my Newsletter on Transition.

Go slow. I had salmon as my first meat and that was not a good choice. Way too fatty. I had a :roll: blow out in our sitting room...NOT a pretty sight.

If you don't begin to slowly add that meat and those veggies back, you may have to do the :pace: diarrhea dash in Seattle (or worse yet, ON the plane!).

I'd have steamed veggies - like a couple of green beans rather than diving into raw veggies. Go easy on the green initially or you will GO GREEN! Transition is an important phase. We do not go from the Complete Plan to :bib: Prime Rib, raw brocc and chocolate mousse!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby star85 » May 25th, 2004, 6:19 pm

I just want to say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 89 lbs. lost in 4 mos. and 13 days! Now that's amazing! Please tell me how you were able to stay on plan for 4 mos. and do so well. My goal is to stick to the plan this time until I reach my 65 lbs. weight loss goal. My problem is I always start losing weight fast and do well , then I fall off the wagon! Please send some good advice and tips! Obviously you know how to work the plan for you. I'm driving out to Colorado in July and I plan on stocking up on the RTD shakes for the trip. Keep up the great work...................elyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Amanda » May 25th, 2004, 7:41 pm

i could use some good advice too- how did you stay on for so long and not stray? Always (on other diets) after i lose some weight i feel good and fall to my old habits. I need to lose over 100 lbs so i need to keep on with no falling off.... by the way congrats 89lbs is awesome :cleader:
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2004, 8:58 am

How to stick with it? Choose your goal, let NOTHING - NO THING deter you. No straying until you reach your goal. It is best to not take pauses in the weight loss phase UNTIL you reach your goal weight. Even then - no pauses until you go through transition - it is difficult to re-start again and again.

Why did we get to the point of being obese? Because we were not disciplined. Discipline means to be trained - it does not mean to be punished.

What do you want more?

Success on the scales, in the waistband, in the mind or a moment of sugary flavor on the tongue? Every day, every moment. It's a choice. It's a choice to die to your old ways and to say "Hello" to new habits, new thoughts and new life. To a longer life.

We cannot do it for you. When your reason why (to get healthy and thinner) gets bigger than your reason to stay the way you are, you will succeed.

Go for IT! I love my life and I am not goin' back to the old weight, the old ways and the old weighs!

Postby Jeanette » May 26th, 2004, 11:07 am

GREAT POST! Who are you???

Mystery guest please sign in!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby swedishgirl » May 26th, 2004, 4:45 pm

Hi everyone-
Thanks for all the responses. I plan to stay on the full program while I'm in Seattle except for a couple dinners. I will only eat lean and green and will "practice" now with chicken breasts and a few veggies. I'm scared to leave the "comfort" of no decision-making except what flavor bar, shake or soup, but I am determined and I will not fail!

In response to those who asked me for tips, I can only say that with the strength I receive each hour from my faith in Christ, a strong desire to be healthy and the support and love of friends, family and co-workers, I have not strayed once. Lest you think I'm a saint, I will confess that I still think about food a lot and look forward to the day when I can enjoy food again. The difference this time (I've tried all the diets before until finding Medifast) is that I am dead serious about getting healthy. I am 50 years old and before starting Medifast, had no hope of ever losing weight again and regaining my health. I knew 70+ folks getting around better and enjoying life more than I was. I did a lot of research on Medifast as did my doctor who gave her approval. Each day I wake up with a thankful heart for all the blessings I have and for the strength I know I will receive each day. Of course looking better and being able to wear nice clothes again is great but better than that is the fact that I am getting healthy again. My blood presssure is normal and I can walk without pain and have more energy than I've had in years. I work out at Curves 3 times a week also.

Listen, if I can do it, anyone can! Truly, take one day or even one hour at a time. Think about the end results, not the (sometime) drudgery of the long road.

God bless!
Swedishgirl
swedishgirl
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby LadyChamp » May 29th, 2004, 12:07 pm

You have done sooooo great! That is awesome! :cleader:

LadyChamp
338/313.5/138-125
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » June 9th, 2004, 5:33 am

Hey Swedishgirl,

Your testimony is a true encouragement. Thanks for sharing how your faith has helped you in overcoming this fight.

Many times I think we take our blessings for granted and fail to recognize who really gives us life, health, strength and peace of mind.

Keep prayin and shakin!!!

Your sista in Christ,
Jewels

Postby Nancy » February 17th, 2006, 10:24 am

P.S. That 'mystery guest' was moi...I failed to log-on that particular day, evidently I was having a case of cerebral vacuum...must have been having a giddy moment of thinniess!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » February 17th, 2006, 10:33 am

P.S. That 'mystery guest' was moi...I failed to log-on that particular day, evidently I was having a case of cerebral vacuum...must have been having a giddy moment of thinniess!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Unca_Tim » February 17th, 2006, 11:55 am

The mystery guest also double posts....
:roflmao:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby aphrael » February 17th, 2006, 12:26 pm

And it took a year and a half to fess up to writting it...
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Weight Loss