Liquid only question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Liquid only question

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Hello!

My doctor suggested I check into Medifast.

I see a lot of information about the 5 & 1 plan (I think that's the name) but nothing about liquid only... I've seen a few posts here and there from people who did liquid only but nothing describing how to do it.

I have sent an email to the people at the medifast website asking them for more information but thought maybe someone here could also give me some information because I am excitied and wanting info now!

I know its not going to be easy doing liquid only but being fat and miserable isnt easy either.

Any info on liquid only will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 3:12 pm

The complete program, or full fast, is six MF products per day and no real food. This diet is only to be done under the supervision of a physician to minimize the potential for health risks.

I do the complete and find it to be a great alternative under the right circumstances. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for replying!

So is that 6 of any of the products per day?

What about the shakes designed for menopausal women, can those be used?

Would you share what 6 products you use daily?
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby alpha femme » August 27th, 2006, 3:27 pm

6 of anything-- except only 1 bar per day.
i think most people do better on the complete fast when they have at least 3 shakes; the shakes seem to be more filling. i typically do the complete fast-- but i will have a lng when i really crave food.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Any six of the MF meals (not snack items) can be used. This would include everything except the soy crisps, crackers, and fast soups. The shakes for menopausal women could definitely be used.

My daily menu changes from day to day depending upon my mood and preference. I do not like the shakes that you make in the blender so I use the RTD's for convenience. I also think they taste better. I always have one bar per day, usually the fruit & nut or the smore granola. I do enjoy the other flavors but haven't ordered b/c I didn't want them to melt in the summer heat during shipping. I also usually have at least one oatmeal per day and one hot drink (cappucino/hot cocoa). I then usually round out the day with a soup of some sort. I love the chili, chicken noodle, and the cream of broccoli, especially. Then before bed, usually a pudding.
Arklahoma

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 3:39 pm

What is the "fast soup"?
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Here is the description from the MF website:

Medifast Fast Soups are considered an "extra snack" on your Medifast program. With only 25-30 calories per serving and less than one gram of fat, Medifast Fast Soups are a great addition for those days when you need a little something extra. Medifast Fast Soups can be an important addition to your Medifast program because they contain 410 mg of potassium.
Arklahoma

Postby Elizabeth » August 27th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Hey Checkie,
I am also doing the full fast with a L & G when I feel like I need it or want it. This is the boundaries I set for myself and it seems to be working for me. Just to know that I can eat if I want helps me mentally.
The Fastsoups are considered snacks for the 5 + 1 program and not really for the full fast. They are about 4 carbs and 25 calories in all. Not much and also when you're using the meal replacement soups they aren't really appealing.
My Health Advisor recommended this plan for me over the 5 + 1 plan with the amount I have to lose. Also, I know myself this is for me. I like not having to think about food so much other than making sure my family has their meals and they are off limits for me.
Please let us know how you are doing and join in on our support group. The more the merrier :)
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 4:17 pm

So, do you all think I should wait for a reply email from their website or just go ahead and order now?

I want to order now because I want to get started!

I am having a very difficult time with food, as much as I am consuming, its consuming me.
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Those who are doing the full fast, how much do you lose per week on average?
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Checkie wrote:So, do you all think I should wait for a reply email from their website or just go ahead and order now? ...

I don't recall you speaking of a reply email from the MF website. I don't know what you mean?
Arklahoma

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 4:44 pm

Checkie wrote:Those who are doing the full fast, how much do you lose per week on average?

I lose about 3-4 lbs per week.
Arklahoma

Postby Elizabeth » August 27th, 2006, 4:48 pm

If you've decided to do the program, I'd just contact Nancy...since this is her website and place your order. Its your decision. Of course talk to your doctor and be monitored by him. Best wishes to you.

The weight loss is 3-5 lbs per week on the complete plan. The more you weigh, the more you lose. Also, you lose alot in the beginning (including water weight).
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 4:49 pm

I sent medifast an email asking for their suggestions on the full fast - so I am wondering if I should wait to hear from them or just go ahead and order since I want to get started!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Postby Checkie » August 27th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Duh, you know I didnt even realize that they sold the products here - I'll look around and find how to contact Nancy, thanks!
Checkie
Trusted Member

Next

Return to Weight Loss