Lily19780

1 Thread per registered User.

Lily19780

Postby lily19780 » January 10th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Greetings, all! I am new to the program, but have enjoyed the forum and learning some of the "tricks". I also like the positive air all around the forum. It is very refreshing. Ok, so I guess I should do a little introduction to me, right?

Well, I have been heavy for as long as I can remember. Actually, that is a fib. I do remember a time when I was a "normal" weight. I was 5. I have tried diets and all kinds of things (short of surgery), but just never acheived that size 2 look of all the models in the magazines. I finally accepted myself and decided that if someone didn't like the way I looked, that was their problem, not mine. Worked for awhile. I was 21 and at my lowest weight and size. A voluptuous 16 with mountains of confidence. Then I met my future husband. Got married. Got comfortable. I gained weight and my size increased to 22. An unhappy 22 with little confidence. I hate going shopping. I hate buying clothes for fear that I will need to go up one more size. I hate looking in the mirror just before I step into the shower. So what have I done about it? Nothing...Till now!

As of 1/1/08 (and after many strong suggestions from oubelqasse) I started the program. At my first official weigh in, I discovered I lost 8 whole lbs! It was a little difficult because I wanted bread and potatos and all those things you are not supposed to have. And of course, I wanted them more now that I couldn't have them! But Oubelqasse kept telling me to remember that it isn't like I am never going to have them again. Just not right now.

I set my first real goal for that size I was when I considered myself voluptuous! I don't want to think further than that right now so I don't discourage myself.

I haven't shared with my family in Indiana or New Mexico that I am doing something because I don't want them to have any expectations. My husband is very supportive and asks me about my progress. He loves me the way I am, but is happy I am doing something that will lead to a healthier me.

I can't wait till I can run up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing. Or wear a size 16 and feel sexy again. Perhaps that is when we will finally start our family?!
lily19780

Postby Tawanda » January 10th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Welcome!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » January 10th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Welcome Lily. You have a good friend in Steph.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Charity » January 11th, 2008, 12:14 am

Carmen!!!!

I am so glad you have a journal! :D

I am so with you on the clothes shopping thing. As soon as my 12s got tight I noticed that I no longer cared for clothes shopping and instead replaced it with a love of house shopping. Now, I am ever so slowly regaining my appreciation for clothes shopping :D

Congrats again on the 8 lbs and I still remember my insentive to you the first time I nagged you to start! I better start packing the box of MF for you! ;)

WELCOME!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 11th, 2008, 12:43 am

Nice to meet you! Welcome to journaling!

I understand the shopping thing too.

You're through the rough part! 8lbs WOO HOO! That's GREAT! The cravings go away SOON!

I have a funny trick for motivating myself...each time I lose 5lbs, I buy a 5lb pouch of sugar...when I feel like something off-program, I throw those in a backpack and see what I've done...already! No bread or pizza is worth going back!

I love how my whole opinion has changed...confidence, wanting to wear things that FIT not for me to disappear in.

You're going to do great! Let's do this together!

D
dede4wd

2 weeks

Postby lily19780 » January 14th, 2008, 4:15 pm

WoW! Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the motivation. :D

Tomorrow is my second official weigh-in and I am so sick! I read somewhere that when you are sick, your weightloss slows down. :( So I am not so excited about weighing in tomorrow.

Everyone was right...it gets easier. A lot easier. There are so many things in the lean and green that I like to eat. My favorite lean and green meal is Tilapia and green beans.

well, I better catch my nose before it runs away! HA! (i know...cheesy)
lily19780

Postby DogMa » January 14th, 2008, 4:26 pm

I'm a little late, but welcome! It sounds like you're doing great so far. Being sick COULD interfere with your loss, but it might not. And even if it does, you'll be better in no time and back to losing again.

And clothes shopping will get a LOT more fun, I promise. First it's finding that you're a size smaller every time you turn around. Right now my biggest problem is shopping too MUCH. Because everything fits and ALMOST everything looks pretty darn good. It's bizarre. But last summer when I had to find an outfit for a special occasion - something I used to HATE to do - I had SO much fun. In the first store, I brought an armful of dresses into the dressing room (all size 6 or "small") - and every single one fit beautifully. The hardest part was deciding which dress to get. When's the last time THAT happened to you? Stick to the program and it will.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » January 14th, 2008, 8:09 pm

Hey there and welcome to the "family". I kinda see this place as a family - sure we are a bit dysfunctional, but what family isn't really? Congratulations on a great start keep up that determination and you will be breaking down department store doors to get into those 16's and even less. We are all here for ya.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 15th, 2008, 10:26 am

rodeomom wrote:I kinda see this place as a family - sure we are a bit dysfunctional, but what family isn't really?

Hey...i resemble that remark!...:)

Welcome a"board" Lily.
:wave:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » January 15th, 2008, 10:34 am

Me too.. 8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Return to My Journal