lightheaded

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

lightheaded

Postby tootsie » December 17th, 2004, 1:16 pm

Hello
My name is Mary Ann , need to lose between 50-60 pounds. I am using
only meal replacements and am being followed by my primary MD.
I started 3 days ago, and am feeling a bit lightheaded . Is this normal?
tootsie

Postby Nancy » December 18th, 2004, 1:41 am

Hi, Mary Ann ~

Welcome to the MakeMeThinner Forum. We're glad that you are here and that you have made it through Day 3 - whoopee! You ought to be about to enter the fat burning state.

Yes, often people feel light headed or dizzy initially - usually it is because the body needs to adjust to the high nutrients, Medifast is dehydrating and all the water you drink can affect your electrolytes balance. Be sure to drink plenty of water and I'd suggest that you have 1-2 cups of Medifast Fast Soup or two cups of regular bouillon - not the low-sodium variety but the regular kind. You should feel better in a day or two. Sometimes people feel tired the first week but then your energy levels will increase and you'll feel incredible.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby tootsie » December 18th, 2004, 6:27 am

Thank you for the welcome Nancy. I tried MF last year, but didn't stay on it. This time I'm more determined and hope to lose 50-60# by the end of May. I'm using 3 shakes + 1 soup & 1 bar a day.
I'll probably log on at least once a week. I don't have a support system in my area. My brother and sister in law don't like the idea of MF. They claim you may lose initially. Then the weight comes back after eating regular food. I'm motivated so HERE I GO!
Mary Ann
tootsie

Postby Nancy » December 18th, 2004, 11:35 am

Mary Ann ~

re:
My brother and sister in law don't like the idea of MF

Your family IS right - if you go back to your old crap-o-la eating habits, the flab does return. It is a total mathematics equation: Calories in + calories burned = weight gain or weight loss or weight maintenance.

It depends upon how many calories you take in balanced with how many calories are burned. We live in a society that is nutritionally polluted. We are sedentary for the most part and eat high fat, high sugar, and high calorie foods. Thus our intake is far greater than our energy expenditure and we flab out.

Science is making progress in trying to locate the genes that have gone berserk for some of us but until the magic bullet or some sort of de-flabbicide is added to our drinking water, then for foodies like us, it takes self-control, determination greater than doing what our ‘want to’ wants to do and we must do what is right for our health: eating smaller portions, eating the right things and eating frequently throughout the day. Food is fuel, not our friend, not our comforter, not our lover, not our warm blankie, etc.

Medifast is the perfect tool to teach us how much, how often and what kinds of things to eat. It helps us to lose the weight faster than any other program, safely.

You can’t tell me that having a BMI in the 30 or 40 or 50 range is good for us! Mine was 43 – I was nearly half butter.

It chaps my hide when so called well-meaning friends and/or relatives say, “Is THAT stuff safe? Aren’t you losing TOO fast? That can’t be good for you…”

Lemme tell ya – when I weighed 265 pounds, when I weighed 258 pounds, when I weighed 200 pounds – THAT WAS NOT SAFE! Sorry, I’m on a soapbox today. My friend who overeats has had chest pains – THAT’S not safe but he keeps shoveling in the fried food, mayo, etc. His name ought to be changed to Transfat…

You will be able to easily lose those 50-60 pounds in 5 ½ months IF you stick to the plan. Let the determination you have today coupled with the reasons WHY you want to lose weight be the motivation for choosing every day to do the right things that will give you the right results.

Mary Ann, Medifast Does work. There are many here who will testify to the excellent results they have had and are continuing to have as they maintain their weight. This can be the last time you ever have to go on a major weight loss program IF you follow the program correctly, go through transition and maintenance properly.

Every day I make choices. I never used to think before I ate stuff - just shoved it in, now I think before I open my fueling tube!

You CAN do it, if you CHOOSE to.
;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.