Liar, Liar!!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Liar, Liar!!

Postby Nebbie » April 22nd, 2004, 11:03 am

Hi All-

I did not realize this, but I lie to myself. I started this program on January 10th with the strict intention to lose 80 lbs. I wanted to lose this weight by mid-May.

I started like a superstar, losing 40 lbs. in about 8 weeks by following the 5-1 plan with a few "all shake" days each week.

I am realizing that weight loss is like a spiritual journey. I've been overweight for most of my 34 years. But, I'm a 6'2" tall male and I consider it a healthy overweight (LIE).

I hit 270 lbs. after 8 weeks, and in retrospect, this was a milestone weight for me. In other words, I thought this weight was "acceptable". Another lie.

I've spent the better part of the last 6 weeks eating like a wild-man. Completely out of control. I've also been a bear to live with. I justified my eating behavior to stress. Just had a baby, buying a new house, yada, yada, LIE, LIE, LIE. I just don't know why I do this to myself? I know better, but just cannot control the need to chow down.

I need to lose at least 40 more pounds. I know the only way I can do this is with MediFast. I'm also convinced that I'm "not an island". I am writing this message to "come clean". Today is basically Day ONE again for me.

With everyone's help and support I plan to not only lose the 40 lbs., but exorcise the food demon that has possessed my brain!

I think the saying here is "see you in Thinville"?

Adam
(RE)Started January 28, 2008

307/307/219 (-00.0)
Nebbie

Postby Landylue » April 22nd, 2004, 5:41 pm

I was wondering what happened to you, son. I am delighted to see you back among us. Do you realise how many people out here would KILL for the kind of weight loss you experienced? I read a post today from a woman who gave up on the program months ago because she felt she was losing too slowly. Isn't it tragic how we somehow justify giving up no matter if we are losing hand-over-fist, or little-by-little. We ALL do a great job of lying to ourselves at times. No matter, though, Adam. You made extraordinary progress in the beginning, and you will again--you'll see.

Congratulations on that new baby AND new home. Heavy-duty responsibilities like that can be really scarey. It has bound to have had something to do with your increased stress level. Again, no matter.

Now it's time to give that baby a new healthier daddy. If you are up to it, Kiddo, so are we.

Day 1 for Adam--this train is moving out!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Leigh » April 22nd, 2004, 7:32 pm

Hi Adam,

I'm a tall one too, 5'9. It made it a little easier to try to hide some of the new fat I was putting on. After a while, there was nowhere left to hide it. The big slammer for me was seeing pics of myself at Christmas with my lovely double chin and big billowy clothes on. I sat and stared at myself in that pic for a good 30 minutes thinking, what happened?? :cry:

What happened was every fast food restaurant down the road on the way home from work. What happened was that I thought, "I'll start on Monday" :hammerhead1: ...and that Monday didn't come around for two years until last month. When I was sad, happy, worried, or just bored I chowed down. I gained around 60 pounds in the last two years while I was waiting to start on "Monday."

I tried Dr. Akins, starving myself, the cabbage soup diet, the low cal diet, the low fat diet, eat a grapefruit diet, lying about my weight gain, working out, the hollywood diet, and the blah blah blah I could go on and on diet! :D This is the first time I'm actually losing weight. My sister has lost 108 pounds on Medifast and went from a size 24 to a size 4. She looks fab!

You know it works...look at that super weight loss you had. Today is your Monday....and you're going to make it. Say bye :wave: bye to the nasty food demon...he's just not worth your time anymore.

Leigh
Start date: 3/29/04

220/194/Goal weight ??
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 23rd, 2004, 6:13 am

Adam,

Glad your back! It will take you no time at all to lose that 40 pounds quickly. Just keep shaking! I hope day 1 went well for you.

Congrats on your new baby and new house!

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » April 23rd, 2004, 6:36 am

Good Mornin' Adam ~

We're glad you're back and on your weigh to Thinsville! Glad ya came clean. This week is definitely the time to do it - so many others are beginning to take a look at their bod, their health and their life! Thee forever after...now that you have a baby, you wanna be here for your wife and baby - ya GOTTA be here for them! ;)

We are right here shakin' with you, Man! We will all getcha there.

You are right about the liar! liar! conclusion - liar! liar! the pants are fittin' tighter!

I lied to myself, too. :shock:

Stress :twisted: is a natural part of life so therefore, we foody folks need to learn how to deal with our stress in different ways. My latest newsletter is about stress and what it can do to us. For me, I have come to the conclusion that it is necessary (NEEDFUL) to de-stress just about every day and some days more often...

The tendency for me is that when my schedule is outta whack that I get too busy for me and then I fall back to my old ways. My new plan is to put my fuel time FIRST - if I don't fuel on time, then I am miserable and ultimately everyone else is miserable, too. You described it perfectly: you said you got ornery :x - poor family when we do that and it isn't fair to them either.

Adam, keep us posted. Sunday is weigh-in day and you could be down several pounds by then!
:cheers:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss