Levity and the fork!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Levity and the fork!!!

Postby explorthis » November 26th, 2003, 12:40 pm

SO... I work in a commercial building with about 40 day time employees. I was in the lu peeing (as most of you are are fully aware of) as I do 20 times a day. Just so happens that the bathrooms are right outside of the magnificent kitchen. As I am washing up (yes I do wash my hands) I hear overthe PA the Operator announce:

"Attention all employees, there is PIE in the kitchen"

I drag my feet for a few minutes, waiting for the congregation to amass in the kitchen... I walk in. About 20+ potential pie eaters were at the trough loading up. As I walk in, ALL eyes turn to me, 5-6-7-8 comments all at me at once.. What are you doing? You can't be in here! Your not having a piece, are you? Mike, if you eat just Pumpkin and no crust it is OK. Dont do it Mike, don't do it.

This was all just too funny..

So.. I walk over to the counter, ALL eyes fully focused on me, I grab a plate, and walk to the PECAN, one of the 5-6 different selections layed actoss the counter, (these pies are from Costco HUGE PIES) and grab the spatula, cut a large piece. They are all silent now. I grab a fork from the drawer across the room, as they are all turning to watch me... I take the fork and slice off a good size bite - DEAD SILENCE FALLS OVER THE ROOM I am not watching any of them, though I know they are focused on me, (laughing my lil arse off inside the entire time) take the fork and put it within about 1/2 inch of my mouth, and turn and hand the whole thing to the warehouse guy sitting down....

The entire room lets out a community "SIGH" and busts out laighing...

It was all worth it!!!

Now my point is, I WANT THIS SUPPORT. I need support, this might not seem like the support I would have solicited before when I was on 1 of 500 other DIEt's I had began in the past. These people do not know, nor will they ever, that I like this secret support. I like to have people watching me, like I am the DIEt king now. I am the one that is loosing (lost) the weight. I am the one they fele they need to justify their food actions to. I find it extreemely IRONIC that all of a sudden I am the one they look to for a nod. None of them know this. I love this, HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I have come far to far to ever allow a piece of PIE ruin my progress...

From my heart, this program works. I feel better than I have ever felt in my life (that I can remember) I DID NOT KNOW that being thinner made so much a difference. I did not know that I was being watched SOOOO close, and judged by so many. What a great feeling!

Wishing ALL of you a THIN/SKIMPY/SMALL/TINY LITTLE, happy holiday.

Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » November 26th, 2003, 12:50 pm

Great story Mike!

You bring up a scary point, though--PEOPLE WILL LOOK AT US as we get smaller. People will feel they have to justify what they eat to you (Mike has experienced this already). Spouses will secretly fear you will leave them once you become svelt. Former eating buddies will drift away since you don't participate in that type of activity anymore.

In short--perceptions and attitudes about us/toward us/within us ARE CHANGING.

I don't know about you, but it does scare me a bit--kind of like traveling to a foreign country. Looks like I have some other work to do on myself while I shrink. :hatch:
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Ah...the Power of Pie...

Postby Nancy » November 27th, 2003, 12:14 am

Dear Pie Man ~

Isn’t this a trip?! I LOVE being able to wield power, too.

I’ll never forget how great it felt when I was at a retirement party this last spring. I had reached my goal weight and was serving cake and punch at a retirement party.

I work for the largest educational institution in the state of Oregon. We have multiple campuses located throughout the city and I happen to work at one of the smallest sites. Nevertheless, there are a lot of employees in my building. Not all of them said anything to me about my weight loss but you know very well when a woman loses 130 pounds and goes from flabby to fabby, people take notice. And people blab…

As you know, one of my favorite sayings is “Because I can…”

Well, I was wearing a form fitting outfit (Because I can) and stood behind the table slicing and serving cake for quite some time.

Many of the party-goers would comment to me, “Oh, just a small slice for me, Nancy. Watching the waistline, you know!”

[Yeah, Mike – others begin to think that we are the captain of Food Watchers, International! Sheesh! Do they think we are the Glutton Guardians?]

Meanwhile, back to the retirement party:

Others said, “I don’t know how you do it, Nancy, serving that cake and not having any of it yourself!”

That comment made me raise my beautifully arched brow and reply, “Why, what in the world do you mean by saying that I can’t have any of this lovely chocolate mousse cake? Of course I can!”

After some time, I sliced a piece of cake for myself and poured a cup of coffee. (Note: I chose black coffee & cake rather than having cake AND spending extra calories on fruit punch w/sherbet)

I stepped from behind the serving table in my form-fitting outfit (Gosh, I just LOVE to say that – can you guess? I’ve repeated it) and I began to mingle a bit and have a bite of cake.

The conversations around me became hushed and people were watching me. O.K. they were staring…

Some said, “You can’t have that! You’re on a DIEt.”

I just smiled, had a bite and said, “I’m not on a DIEt. Cake is perfectly fine for me – I’m eating it Because I can!”

There IS life after Medifast, Folks.

There is Life DURING Medifast, too.

Medifast brings new life.
I can have anything I want. I just don’t WANT to have everything. Sometimes I only want a teensy bite. Sometimes I just wanna sniff and a whiff of something. Sometimes I want a whole piece. Because I can, I do. But I don’t do it every day!

Mike, I love you, Man! You are enjoying your journey to new life and improved health. That’s what it’s all about. Life just gets gooder and gooder.

Thanksgiving blessings to you all!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room