Let's BRAG

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Jan » November 2nd, 2006, 9:17 pm

Wow .. has this been a happy thread!! :D I love it -- and I love reading about all your "children"
Let me tell you now about my "adopted son in law". He is wonderful :D :D as is my adopted daughter. He is from the Soloman Islands.. she is from Fiji. I met her when my Dad was at the end of his life. She is the wonderful nurse who agreed to stay with Daddy so that he could die at home. I am soooo greatful to her. She has become a real part of our family as she was new to the US and had no family here... she does now.
Her husband is a physician. He is working in Palau and will be coming "home" to the states in January ( My daughter is going to Palau over the Christmas break to help him in his clinic) He runs a "one man clinic" There are no other medical people there... no Dr's no nurses no anyone. So when an emergency comes in .. he takes care of it.. no matter what.. He has done open heart surgery all by himself. He provides the only medical care for several islands .. truly 3rd world medicine. Leprosy and antibiotic resistant TB are both there. It's a type of medicine that most of us have never even thought of. If any of you watched "survivor Palua.. his clinic is just around the bend from where it was filmed. I will be soo happy to have him back in the States. He is a wonderful young man.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby loriannk » November 6th, 2006, 7:12 am

Oooo I will brag a bit too.

I have 3 wonderful children that make me so happy. They are one of the reasons I am doing Medifast. I want to be healthy and more active so I can do more activities with them. My oldest is Emily, she is 8 and in 3rd grade. She thinks she is a teenager already. Jeez. My 2nd is Megan, she is 7 and in 1st grade. My baby is Matthew, he is 17 months.

My girls just got finished playing soccer and they are so good at it. They love school and do well there too. My son makes me so happy and is such a joy to watch grow up. Seems like I missed the girls firsts as they were so close in age and I was so busy with one or the other. Anyway here they are.

ImageImage
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'