Just Do It!

Fitness and Exercise

Just Do It!

Postby Lauren » August 28th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Nike was on to somethin' when they coined that slogan. :-)

I realize how much discussion there is in journals, and elsewhere, about types of exercise, length of time, different machines ,etc. And I LOVE talking shop about exercise/running/gyms/whatever, but I just want to remind all you folks out there who are intimidated, scared, or overwhelmed by the options or idea of getting out there, that you don't have to do ANY of this research or acquire any of this knowledge.

Just put on a pair of sneakers, and walk out your front door. Walk down the street and turn a corner. Don't worry about what you're wearing, how much you've eaten before, whether you've had your fluids. While I am a big fanatic about making sure I have the right fuel and fluids in me before a big run or work out, the reality is that if you're just doing some walking, your body WILL tell you what it needs, when it's tired, when you're thirsty, and when you should stop. We've all grown so used to eating to infinity, and not having any awareness of hunger, that we also stopped having an awareness of energy vs fatigue. But the truth is, your body, your heart, your legs, your mouth, they WILL tell you! I swear!

Just do it.

Just go.

Oh, and have fun.

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby katieb920 » August 28th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Thanks Lauren.... :D I needed that. I should be getting my order this week and I am just going to do it. Your advice here is priceless, and I appreciate it so much.

Have a great weekend at the beach house
Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » August 29th, 2008, 10:01 am

You are so right Lauren! TSFL's recommendation is the exact same thing. Basically - Just move!! Walk, Dance, turn what you have to do (house work, barn chores, mowing the lawn etc) into a healthy workout. Having to deal with fibromyalgia, I for one can understand how hard it is to just get up out of the chair, but I also know that I feel much better when I just move! Park in the back of the lot or, if you can, walk to the store. Walk your kids to school or to a play ground. Since I am a seamstress, I find myself sitting at the sewing machine for long periods of time. To combat the issue of my butt being motionless, I purposely moved my ironing board to another room. Now, when I have to iron a seam, I have to get up and walk to another room to do it. Simple things like that make a big difference in the overall picture.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

hi

Postby cristiano » June 4th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Nice to meet you again guys.I LOVE talking shop about exercise, but I just want to remind all you folks out there who are intimidated, scared, or overwhelmed by the options or idea of getting out there, that you don't have to do ANY of this research or acquire any of this knowledge. Well,Nike is the best.Thank you.

Return to The Gymnasium